Just Saying

What’s In My Bag?

My friend, Hillary, posted a photo of her bag and its contents on her blog last week. And I really enjoyed the post because I love seeing what others think of as ‘essential.’ I’m pretty specific about what I keep in my bag because I don’t like clutter – and because I don’t like seeing bruises on my shoulder at the end of a long day. Am I the only one who has ever had that experience? 😉

My bag is still kind of heavy with everything you see here. And a few things that are usually in it are not pictured – my camera (for obvious reasons) and my glasses (sunglasses and reading glasses.)

So here’s a little detail about my bag and what’s in it…

• Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy 35
  • Kate Spade makeup bag
  • Coach wallet and Coach Skinny – I use the skinny when I go out because it’s big enough for my ID, credit card and cash, and small enough to keep in my pocket.
  • iPod and iPhone – both of which are part of my everyday routine..:)
  • Nook – my e-reader from Barnes and Noble. It’s awesome, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading as much as I do.
  • Short List notepad by Kate Spade and another notepad from Old Navy that says “I’m so smart.”
  • Weight-loss log, food journal and milestone charms are always close because they are important to me

Inside the makeup bag there’s a Coach measuring tape, hairbrush, travel perfume – Marc Jacobs Daisy, double-sided lip color by Smashbox, Bobbi Brown lip color, Mac Studio Fix and Clean and Clear Oil absorbing sheets. And not pictured are my Burberry reading glasses and my new Ray Ban aviators…I feel so cool in those. 😉

Now that you know more about my bag than you ever wanted to know, I hope you’ll share what’s in yours. What can I say? I’m nosy. Now it’s time to enjoy the rest of this Sunday. I think I’ll bake some muffins.

Trudy
    May 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Cute bags and such a great idea…I'm a new mommy though so I'm sure nobody would ever want to know what was in my bag, LOL!

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 30, 2010 at 10:57 pm

You're probably right about that Trudy. I can only imagine (and don't really want to..LOL) But I know that it's so worth it for you…:)

hillary
    May 30, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Thanks for posting this! I have to commute to work on the T and it's half a mile to the station and my bag gets SO HEAVY that I swear I have permanent bruises. But you know I have to carry it with me or I won't have it.

Lisa
    May 31, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I love looking at other people's bags/what's in them! Yours is so nice and neat! I posted mine here: http://knitteachride.blogspot.com/2010/05/whats-in-my-bag.html

Mellisa Rock
    May 31, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I wish I weren't so ashamed of my bag though – it's sooo full of junk – so full and so heavy that I have cracked the straps on every one that I have bought – but I have a new one coming in the mail and keep promising myself not to load it with anything other than what I need! 🙂 Have a great week! I love kate spade by the way!

Anonymous
    June 1, 2010 at 12:10 am

LOL. I simply cannot relate though I admire and like you in so many ways. You see, I don't carry a bag, not even a wallet! I only carry my sunglasses case, and inside is my DL and one credit card. That's it. I simply don't like to be encumbered.

Hmm…Also, I have a great career but it pays next to nothing. Any bag I could buy would have to be a cheap piece of crap. I'd rather carry nada.