Meeting Weigh-In Weight Watchers WW Points

Will You Give Me Your Opinion?

I hate to post anything new because there is no way it’s going to be as exciting as losing 100 pounds has been. But the truth is that there’s a lot of work to be done so it’s time to continue moving forward. And I have an idea I’d like to share because I’d love to hear your opinions.

My weigh-in day is always on Thursday. I go to the early meeting to weigh-in the head back an hour later for my regular (favorite) meeting. So I eat very little all day Thursday because I don’t weigh in until after 4 pm. Then I don’t have dinner until after my meeting at 7:30 (usually a little later.) I know it’s not good to eat so little during the day, but I’ve been doing this all along. It seems to work fine.

But now there’s a meeting on Wednesday mornings at 9. The idea is that I could use the same scale to weigh-in on Wednesday mornings (because I’ve always heard it’s better to weigh in when I wake up) leaving Thursday free to be a regular day rather than waiting so late to eat the majority of my points.

I’d like your thoughts because I really value your opinions – and because it’s helpful to look at things from a different point of view. Just keep in mind that I always eat late and that I’m rarely home before 2am on Thursday nights. That being said..what do you think? Should I keep doing what I’ve been doing? Or should I try weighing in early mornings then attending my favorite meeting as usual?

I appreciate every piece of advice…thanks Friends..

Janna
    May 24, 2010 at 9:59 pm

I have always weighed in in the morning…and now I go weigh in and then go to the meeting that I like. I also wear the same dress…never eat or drink anything before I go. So what do I know? Some might think I have OCD 🙂

So my opinion…go for it!

jen
    May 24, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Give it a try and see if you like it! You can always go back…right?!?

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 24, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Janna, I'm the same way…same dress every week then I change into my regular clothes for going out after..ha

Sarah
    May 24, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I would WI on Wednesday mornings and then attend the meeting on Thursday with the leader you prefer. If that can work for you.
    By the way our dogs could be long lost siblings. I have a cocker spaniel named Sami.

Tammy
    May 24, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Our meeting is at 10 AM on Wednesdays. I try to wear pretty much the same thing each week. I do eat breakfast because I eat early – about 6 AM – then I only have water until after I weigh. I think you could try it out and see how it goes because I agree that it probably isn't good to eat so little on Thursdays.

Oh, to be young again – out until 2 AM every Thursday! Actually, I couldn't do that when I was 20, let alone now! I'm much more of a morning person!

Shell
    May 24, 2010 at 10:28 pm

If you're considering a change then maybe that's just what you need. It's been said, the best time to try something is when you've already got something that works for you right?

If I were you, I'd give it a try and see how it fits your schedule.

Personally, I prefer to weigh in the morning too but you're being consistent with your time each week so you're probably getting a pretty accurate assessment of how much you're losing.

Anonymous
    May 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I don't think it matters. It's not like we are doing magic here or something. I mean, it LOOKS like magic, but it's just weight loss. Good to not get the 2 confused. LOL.

Good luck! 🙂

Keri
    May 24, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I'm exactly the same as Janna… I don't even have a sip of water before a weigh in and i wear the lightest thing I own.. Probably all unnecessary. At Friday's meeting the leader asked who all ate breakfast before they came there and probably 1/3 of the class raised their hands.. I was SHOCKED! How can you eat before a weigh in??? lol I'm never that confident going in.

misssarahlou
    May 25, 2010 at 12:19 am

I much prefer to weigh in in the am, I weighed saturday mornings first thing for over a year and loved it, took a snack bar to my meeting to snack on after the scale. Recently (like just a few weeks ago) I changed my meeting and I now weigh in on an evening and have found myself slipping in to the same not eating very much during the day because I am 'scared' to put something in to my mouth…I am thinking that I should move back to my saturday meeting. If I were you I would definitely change to the new meeting.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    May 25, 2010 at 1:01 am

I think you should try the Weds morning weigh-in and see if it works for you the rest of the day and on Thurs. If not, switch back.

Overall, I don't think it will matter because you are so committed and driven, but if there's an element of superstition involved…. well, don't mess with that!

Deb Willbefree
    May 25, 2010 at 1:52 am

Well, Kenz, not surprisingly, there seems to be a consensus on this one. I add my vote to the WI on Weds morning and attend you Thurs mtg in the evening. Best of both worlds. In and out Weds, then you can eat. Then able to eat Thursday and still do your Thursday eve/night routine.

The only thing is, are you able to get up early enough to make it by 9a.m. on Wednesdays?

Finally, most bodies tend to add fluid throughout the day, so most bodies weigh more in the evening. Biology–not magic.

Deb

KellyNY
    May 25, 2010 at 2:10 am

I say, if it aint broke, don't fix it. I'm like Janna too, I wear the same thing to WI, I WI in the morning, then come back for my favorite leader. I don't eat before I WI because I also have OCD about that.

Anonymous
    May 25, 2010 at 4:28 am

i think the morning weigh in, may enable you to have a more normal eating day on thursday snd that would be good. but remember a weigh in is just a measure of success. real success is measured in the long term.

♥ Kenz ♥
    May 25, 2010 at 4:48 am

Of course I agree that success is long term, and I think that has been evident in the last 13 months. I'm more interested in eating well on Thursdays than I am in accuracy because I've shown steady loss over the last 50+ weigh-ins.

In losing weight, weight loss (which is measured by the scale) is important. Period. But I don't think the time of day matters much except in terms of continuing my healthy habits even on Thursdays.

Mommy of Two
    May 25, 2010 at 4:49 am

I would say in the morning would be a good change. I always feel thinner and more confident in the mornings. By the time I've been through the day I'm swollen and I just don't feel so great. But that's probably just me. Go for it and see what you think! Good luck 🙂

Sneaker Teacher
    May 25, 2010 at 10:27 am

I think the switch to Wednesday would be good because it will contribute to having a better more healthy day on Thursday.

Kristin
    May 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm

your first weigh in on a Weds. morning is going to be much less than you would have been on Thurs. night (typically, we are 2-4 pounds heavier at night than first thing) so I think you would be playing mind games with yourself. And if you decide you hate that morning meeting and go back to the Thursday night schedule… you are going to see that on the scale, too.

I kind of go with the "if it works, why change it?" I wish I had learned that lesson 2 years ago… I am a WW drop-out and have gained 60 pounds as a result and have close to 100 pounds to get to goal.

CinciMom11
    May 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Try the Wednesday weigh-day! That sounds great!

Bombshell Beauty
    May 25, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I think you should give it a try;it sounds really reasonable to weigh in early in the morning so you can eat more normally in the long run. And if it doesn't work out, then you can always go back to your original plan.

So proud of you!!

Annie
    May 25, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I would also try the Wednesday morning weigh-in. I do the same thing you do with not eating much and avoiding water all day Thursday until my 5:15 PM weigh-in. It stinks! I want to be eating healthy, but I don't on Thursdays simply because I'm superstitious about it, too. Try the morning WI and let us all know how it goes! 🙂

Sib
    May 25, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Kenz, I say follow your heart. If you're feeling like a change – do it. Overall, nothing matters except that you are HAPPY.

When I used to travel to WW with two friends, we used to always go out for lunch before our weigh in. It's all relative. If you don't like your change, simply change back. I give you permission to choose whatever suits you best (*_*)