Changing Gears

I’ve messed around during the last 24 hours. I’ve been a little careless with my eating, and I haven’t worked out. I’ve been running myself ragged for days, and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. But it’s time for me to get back into the game.

I’m not saying that I’ve over eaten -I’m pretty good at eating reasonably portions at this point. But I haven’t been as focused as usual either so I can’t be sure exactly how much I’ve had (though I’m going to try to concentrate on figuring that out shortly.)

Today was a day devoted to family and friends who feel like family. I spent time with my favorite cousin and her baby again today, and this time my favorite sister and niece came along too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ We all went to lunch with my aunt, and I ate chicken alfredo. I also ate salad and a few bread sticks which was part of the plan. It was tasty, but my stomach hurt after eating it. It’s so yummy, but so heavy!

For dinner, I ate a light meal that was very high in protein, but I did a little snacking throughout the day too. Obviously, there’s nothing wrong with snacking. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m just disappointed in myself for not being as precise as usual. I brought my food scale with me on this trip so there’s really no excuse not to be thorough.

All I can say is that I’ll do better starting now. I’ll track the specifics tomorrow, and working out will be first on my agenda. Visiting family is wonderful, and being in control of my intake is just as important here as it is at home.

I am the happiest version of myself when I’m doing my best so that’s what I’m going to do – starting now. Forgiving myself for being less than perfect used to be so hard. Now I realize that it’s not the end of the world as long as I become aware and move forward. That’s my plan for today.

Deb Willbefree
    June 18, 2010 at 5:06 am

You've got this–no doubt. I'm glad you're having a beautiful vacation. It's good to be on track and be able to enjoy your time and relax, too. I know that you can do that–me, not so much. You are my hero. ๐Ÿ˜€ Deb

DrTejas
    June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

Atta girl! One day at a time =)

Keri
    June 18, 2010 at 11:32 am

Being conscious of what you're eating is half the battle ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sean Anderson
    June 18, 2010 at 12:18 pm

You're doing so fantastic—and part of that is trusting your good choices. Good choices have never meant perfect choices for me. Trying to be absolutely perfect can drive a person crazy. Instead, striving to be perfectly imperfect is a beautiful place.
    I love your food scale—I still have a regular scale I use—but I'm getting one like yours—Very-very nice—and so affordable, I can't believe I haven't bought one.
    I'm very happy you had a wonderful visit—this is living Kenz—all a part of this beautiful transformation.

Best Always,
    Sean

Delane
    June 18, 2010 at 12:39 pm

FWIW, when I was a goal and maintaining for years I never bothered with "losing" or counting on vacation. Its vacation, a time to relax and not worry about all the regular stuff. I'm not saying go out every night and dance on the bar, or go out every night and eat a bowl of pasta meant for a family, but enjoy the vacation.

People need to live reap the mental benefits of vacation.

Lisa
    June 18, 2010 at 3:19 pm

It can be difficult when your not in your normal surroundings and schedule. You have such a great way of looking at things though. I love that you're not beating yourself up for not being as focused. That's the beauty of true change right there.

I love chicken alfredo. Yum. I'm glad your visit has been wonderful for you ๐Ÿ™‚

SeattleRunnerGirl
    June 18, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I think the last bit of your post is the most important, because it shows you have a normal, healthy way of viewing mistakes with your food intake. Instead of turning into a moral failing, you say, "oops, gotta quit that!" and move on to making better choices. Keep it up!

Diz
    June 18, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Yayyy!! Back on track is the BEST feeling alive!! You can do it Kenz!

snoconegirl
    June 19, 2010 at 7:27 am

you are doing it..and you will definately get the rest off in no time..i still havent used my food scale..i need too..but i am doing okay with the calories and the water..and thanks for being a good friend..your very sweet..have a safe flight..kelli