Friends Lifestyle New York City Weigh-In weight loss Weight Watchers

Fun Days

The weekend is officially here, and I’m starting it right with a workout then a pool party! My friends are flying out in about 12 hours which makes me sad, but I’m excited to know that they’ve had such a wonderful time. And I’m thrilled that I’ve been able to take a part in it.

We got in Friday morning about 6am after a night of parties and live music with my favorite semi-local band, The Amish Outlaws. It’s been a while since I watched a sunrise, but it only took about 2 minutes for me to sleep once my head hit the pillow.

I’m excited to tell you that the scale was where I expected it to be yesterday…I was up .4 pounds not 5.4 pounds. Good grief. No more Wednesday morning weigh-ins for me. I think it’s a better idea to stay consistent with what I’ve done up to this point because it’s working well.

Another fun part of this week was my WW meeting. My group hosted a party for me Thursday for losing 100 pounds, and it was lovely. They said some incredibly encouraging and sweet things. My heart swells knowing that I mean so much to them, and the feeling is definitely returned!

One friend from the group even baked a cake (of which I had one big bite) with a congratulatory message. 🙂 Another friend brought flowers and balloons, and my leader gave me a balloon along with a CD full of inspiring songs.

I have a long way to go, but I’m getting there. It was fun to celebrate such a big milestone, but now it’s time to kick it into high gear. I like it better that way. 😉 I plan to make some very healthy choices this week to counter the choices that weren’t so healthy last week. Just saying.

This week has yielded so much fun, but one of the best parts has been learning that I can trust my body. I can walk all over the city without swollen feet, and I can walk up four flights of stairs at the end of a long night because I have energy. That is the biggest difference I see in myself so far and probably the most important one.

I’m going to miss my friends who visited…BIG TIME. But they’ll be back in January, and we’ll be ready to paint the town again. 🙂 And I’m heading their way next week when I visit Mom and family. I’m really looking forward to it.

Lisa
    June 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm

How sweet!!! It looks like you have a great bunch supporting you 🙂

Sneaker Teacher
    June 5, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I realize it was very sweet of someone to bake you a cake, but at the same time, I wonder if linking food as a reward is a good match for a weight loss journey. What do you think? Obviously you were good and only had a bite, so maybe it's not a problem for you, but I feel like that could be dangerous for me!

Deb Willbefree
    June 5, 2010 at 7:45 pm

:0 Five pound difference! Wow. Makes being up .4 look a lot better, huh? Congrats. The cake was beautiful! Tell whoever baked it, that I said she did a wonderful job! And….I want a piece of it….bad. sigh. Deb

Rhonda
    June 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm

What a sweet group of friends who love you and support you weekly! Up .4 is a lot better than your Wed. weigh in. I would stick with Thurs. too then. Hope your having a great weekend!

AndreaLeigh
    June 5, 2010 at 8:42 pm

love the dress, K! where did you get it from?

Keisha
    June 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm

You look marvelous, where is that dress from? I wanna know too! I so admire your self control and willpower, that cake looked beyond delicious. Keep up the great work!

M
    June 5, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Sounds like such fun! I wanna come too! LOL.
    Have a great Saturday night!

Bella
    June 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm

100 pounds is awesome!
    Have fun visiting next week 🙂

Anonymous
    June 5, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I think I would join WW if I could find a group like yours! You are fortunate!

Congrats again on all your progress!

Love,
    Jill

Threebusybs
    June 6, 2010 at 12:08 am

LOVE THAT DRESS! Must know where you get those dresses from. I want ( a few) one.

Also, way to go – down 5 lbs.

I am so frustrated. In the past month I have walked a half marathon, a 5k race and miles on the treadmill in between both of those races. Guess what, I GAINED!! Three pounds. Mother Nature is long gone. But I must keep moving, literally, forward.

Aimee

Genie @ Diet of 51
    June 6, 2010 at 12:21 am

I love the black and white top, as well as the dress. You are so stylish.

What fun you have touching people's lives where ever you go!

Delane
    June 6, 2010 at 3:50 am

Congrats!!!! you look great and I'm glad the great feeling of health is transcending.

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 6, 2010 at 4:01 am

Sneaker Teacher, yeah…the cake thing is definitely not something I would do. I ate a bite because she went through a lot of trouble, and I appreciate it. But everyone else brought low-cal things with recipes as a way to sort of expand our own healthy recipe books.

It was a sweet thought, and I love her for it. But I'm glad that no one did much damage with it. I think everyone kind of had the same thoughts..

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 6, 2010 at 4:03 am

And girls, thank you for the compliments on my dress. I got it at Avenue, of course. They have several maxi dresses with various styles. I feel so feminine in dresses so I wear them regularly.

Thanks for noticing and making me feel good. ::Hugs::

Keisha
    June 6, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Thanks for the info on the dress. You're quite a fashionista and always so well put together in your pics. You're beautiful inside & out Kenz!

I totally agree w/you about the cake, you simply couldn't turn it down after she went through all the trouble. That would have been very rude and probably would have broken her heart. I don't know your friend but I'm postive she meant well and baked it w/the very best of intentions. Weight loss is a wicked lifelong journey, you can't avoid cake for the rest of your life. It's how you deal with temptations like that in real life that truly show how far you've come. I'm proud of you!

Seth
    June 6, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Congrats on the 100 pounds!!

Tammy
    June 8, 2010 at 1:24 am

OMG I was DYING when I read that your WW friend baked you a CAKE as your reward for LOSING 100 lbs. The irony was NOT lost on me, lol. So proud of you for only having 1 bite, but I suspect that she's not the sharpest pencil in the pencil box. 🙂 You really do look gorgeous in those dresses! I'm totally looking online for the Avenue's website now, lol.

Sean Anderson
    June 8, 2010 at 4:02 am

"I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there." I've said that very thing so many times. But you know what? We're there. In our minds, we've arrived at a place of understanding—it just naturally takes the body time to catch up. That's my theory of clarity.

My best always
    Sean

♥ Kenz ♥
    June 8, 2010 at 8:44 am

Sean, you say things that I sometimes struggle to articulate. Thank you for that understanding…and for sharing it…