Cardio Exercise

Stepping It Up

It is June 28th, and I will not reach my cardio goal this month for the first time this year. I’m disappointed in myself because I know it’s not that hard to do 1,000 minutes of cardio per month. Look at the sidebar on my blog – I’ve done it for almost a year!

It has been almost a full week since I had a good workout, and my body is desperate for one. I didn’t make time for it Wednesday because I was exhausted after being in the airport for nine hours then flying home, but I could have worked out Thursday. I danced, but I’m talking about a structured workout. My body craves them. I could have worked out Friday too, but I slept it then went directly to the airport. Friday night I pulled a muscle in my knee when I got into the swimming pool, but I could have worked out Saturday and yesterday. I was busy, sure, but that’s no excuse. We make time for things that are important to us even when it’s not easy.

I’ve been pretty diligent with my exercise routine over the last year so I won’t be too hard on myself for messing around this week. It is easy to let other things get in the way of exercise, but I miss it. And my body needs it – not just to lose weight, but to feel my best. So today is Monday, and I’m committed to working out hard today, and I’ll continue that through the rest of the week.

Today I plan to get my heart pumping in an intense cardio session because I’m happier when I’m taking care of my body. Will you exercise today?

Heather Forcey
    June 28, 2010 at 4:48 am

I plan to exercise today. I feel better when I work out. I stopped exercising for the months of March, April, and May. Talk about a major "rest day." Now I am struggling to get back into the groove of sweating, but I love it! Good luck on getting in gear this week. I'm sure you'll be great.

Deb Willbefree
    June 28, 2010 at 6:02 am

Kenz,

First–you just lost 5 pounds in a week. While on vacation.

Obviously, you're doing lots of things right. Even normal weight people have a light exercise week when they've gotten back from vacation–especially if they've flown. The body requires some recovery time. There are all kinds of ways to be kind to your body.

You will not slack on exercise. Doing all of that cardio is built into your lifestyle. This month was not a trend.

Second. I listened to your songs. (I hadn't realized you had added some.) Your voice is beautiful. Truly. That's a voice meant to sing for Jesus.

Let me know when you do a worship CD. 😀 I will stand in line to buy it!

Deb

Sean Anderson
    June 28, 2010 at 10:25 am

Don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing incredible. Look at how far you've come and where you're headed! Big picture!!!
    BUT—I totally understand how you're feeling. You and I have done the same thing of late. This will be a better week for both of us. 😉

And a better future is ahead for both of us—not because we're chosen or lucky, but because we've decided to choose change and we're willing to work hard for those changes. We're making it happen.

You're doing amazing things my Kenz, and I'm inspired by you. Yeah, you inspire me to reach higher. 😉

Thank you for everything you do.

My best always,
    Sean

Fran
    June 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself Kenz, you're doing great and if you have one month with less exercise that's okay. I'm sure you'll make it up to yourself next month.

I did run this morning at 7.30 am as we have hot weather here in Holland these days. But even at that time it was already too hot for me. But … I did do what I planned to do.

Tammy
    June 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Exercise is the thing I need to add back to my routine! I will walk today — at least a little bit. My company's fitness center is on my floor – so no excuses, right? Plus, I have a great treadmill at home. I will do it today because you are setting a great example, as usual!

Annie
    June 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I will when my little guy takes his nap. I just got a little elliptical, so I'll use that. :o)

Genie @ Diet of 51
    June 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Yes, I'm going to exercise today. Thanks for asking. Let's go!

Becca
    June 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I about freaked out on myself for not working out on Saturday. Honestly. I think it is bordering on a problem. I have never been like that in my life…..

About to go on vacation and I can't wait to see what kind of grief I will give myself for NOT working out! ARGH!!!

~Becca

Delane
    June 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I really hate this..but I hate all the "don't be too hard on yourself comments." I really think that allowing excuses for not working out is how apathy starts.

No do be hard on yourself, because you need to do it, FOR YOU.

I think we make to many excuses as Americans for not doing stuff..especially as women. A prior victory is no reason to cut yourself slack.

I say this, because I do the same thing..and its not right.

I hope this comes out right …I'm not trying to sound harsh…and hat you get what I'm saying.

creatingsarah
    June 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I understand your disappointment, but I have to say that you have an awesome attitude! And I know you're gonna make up for it this week, no problem. You go girl! ♥

Tammy
    June 28, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Just got back from 20 minutes on the treadmill. It was only a mile because I went slow since I didn't change clothes, and I had to come back to my desk! However, that is better than nothing, and I have aerobics classes this week, too. Thanks for the push, Kenz!

Deb Willbefree
    June 28, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Kenz, There's an award for you on my post. I know that you don't usually post awards, but I just wanted to pass this on to you because it suits you perfectly. Don't feel pressure to do anything with it.

ME - 100 = WILL HAPPEN!
    June 28, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Kenz, I totally undersatnd the craving workouts… Isn't it crazy how different our life/body/cravings become over time?
    Thanks for always inspiring me with your story!
    And I can't wait to hear this voice Deb talked about!

MB
    June 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I'm getting ready to head to the gym now. The weekends have been killing me. Last weekend I gained 6 pounds and spent all week re-losing it. This weekend I gained those six pounds again … damn … I'm so sick of this dance. I'm determined to get through this coming weekend without a gain.

Don't waste another minute thinking about missed workouts, just get back into the groove and enjoy it.