Clothing Friends Lifestyle Makeup New York City Reflection

What Else?

I haven’t written a happy-go-lucky, gushy post since…well, yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If you read my blog at all, you know that I often share the reasons I’m thankful. And today I’d like to share things that make me happy. I’d like to know what makes you happy too so share a few things will you?

• Losing weight makes me happy. This is obviously my first choice because it has had such a positive affect on my life in so many way.
  • Music makes me happy. Music often expresses what my heart feels in a way that words cannot. I had that experience today as I listened to a song called “Edgewater” by Jim Brickman. To me, the song expresses contentment and longing at the same time which doesn’t really make sense in words does it?
  • My friends make me happy. They choose to love me just because, and I definitely do not take that for granted. I’m so lucky to have friends now that I hope to keep forever.
  • Physical contact makes me happy. I’d rather greet a friend or family member with a hug and/or kiss than a handshake or by waving. It’s just who I am.
  • Working out makes me happy. No, I’m not joking. I’m not always excited to go, but I am always happy when I finish. And most of the time I start feeling good shortly after I begin.
  • Shopping for shoes, clothes, bags and things that are glossy and pretty.
  • Traveling is one of my favorite things. It makes me happy because it’s usually quite fun. I love relaxing on beautiful beaches or visiting friends and family. I’ve been on some fab trips so far this year. And I’m looking forward to a few more this year. I’m going to Mom’s house, Dad’s house, back to Vegas and to Aruba again. I look forward to every experience. ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Reduced-fat Lays Kettle chips…yep..they’re delicious – 3 WW points per serving.
  • Make-up and nail polish and other girly things.
  • Talking on the phone. Yah, I know…what can I say? I’m a girl. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have you ever known someone that you could talk to about something or nothing for hours just because? I know someone like that, and the phone makes it feel as though we’re not as far apart as we are.
  • Christmas. I love it. I love decorating my tree, baking cookies and making homemade cocoa and hosting my annual party. ๐Ÿ™‚ I pretend to hate that crowds in Midtown, but I’m full of it. The truth is that I see the tree every year. It’s crowded, and people are obnoxious. But I think I’ll always love it.

The list could go on and on, but I think this is enough for now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ What makes you happy?

Frau
    June 2, 2010 at 7:16 am

Happiness is important to success you have a lot of things to make you happy which in my book is so good…I have friends that have it all and still aren't happy. I love the all things girly…why is it shoes make us so happy..love my shoes!

Anonymous
    June 2, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Even the struggles make for a happy life in the long run. I think people forget that.

I'm a hugger and kisser too! It feels so good to hug my friends and family, and life would just not be as sweet without the embraces.

Glad to see you're enjoying your life. Weight loss is hard(!), but so is earning a PhD or learning a musical instrument!

Becca
    June 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Love it!! Baby's sweet smell makes me happy. My kids laughter makes me happy. Sweet Fredricksburg peaches makes me happy. Riding on Lake LBJ on our ski boat with a Bud Lite Lime in my hand makes me super happy! I could really go on and on……

So much in life to be thankful for isn't there?

~Becca

Deb
    June 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Having control of my life makes me happy. The mountains, the river, the hills. My children and my husband. Those are some of the biggest things, but there's lots more little and big ones. ๐Ÿ™‚

Drazil
    June 2, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Awww – you gushy little girl. Cute post – just like you!

KellyNY
    June 3, 2010 at 1:27 am

Putting the fork down & walking away knowing I'm in control makes me happy. So does losing weight. And running 5Ks, which is something I thought I would NEVER be able to do. Blogging makes me happy, and so does commenting on my favorite blogs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Genie @ Diet of 51
    June 3, 2010 at 2:48 am

Getting a good night's sleep! I hope it's in the cards for me tonight.

Good night!

Onewhocares
    June 3, 2010 at 7:36 am

Hi
    I have given you a beautiful blogger award!
    Rach
    x

Lisa
    June 3, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Just came across your blog. Congrats on your amazing weight loss ๐Ÿ™‚

We went to NY for Christmas in 2008 and I must say that made me happy. It was awesome. I hope I wasn't part of the obnoxious touristy crowd…lol. I know my FL self was obvious getting off the subway though. Sheesh…such a fast pace. It helped me walk out off all of Juniors cheesecake though ๐Ÿ™‚

What makes me happy?

My husband, kids, and my happy hyper springer spaniel.

Diz
    June 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I love talking to you on the phone for almost a day straight! hahahaha

xoxo- miss our chats.

โ™ฅ Kenz โ™ฅ
    June 3, 2010 at 4:58 pm

LOL I love it too Diz! We have so much to talk about! Call me soon…Ah heck…I'm going to text you now. ๐Ÿ™‚