I haven’t written a happy-go-lucky, gushy post since…well, yesterday. 😉 If you read my blog at all, you know that I often share the reasons I’m thankful. And today I’d like to share things that make me happy. I’d like to know what makes you happy too so share a few things will you?
- Losing weight makes me happy. This is obviously my first choice because it has had such a positive affect on my life in so many way.
- Music makes me happy. Music often expresses what my heart feels in a way that words cannot. I had that experience today as I listened to a song called “Edgewater” by Jim Brickman. To me, the song expresses contentment and longing at the same time which doesn’t really make sense in words does it?
- My friends make me happy. They choose to love me just because, and I definitely do not take that for granted. I’m so lucky to have friends now that I hope to keep forever.
- Physical contact makes me happy. I’d rather greet a friend or family member with a hug and/or kiss than a handshake or by waving. It’s just who I am.
- Working out makes me happy. No, I’m not joking. I’m not always excited to go, but I am always happy when I finish. And most of the time I start feeling good shortly after I begin.
- Shopping for shoes, clothes, bags and things that are glossy and pretty.
- Traveling is one of my favorite things. It makes me happy because it’s usually quite fun. I love relaxing on beautiful beaches or visiting friends and family. I’ve been on some fab trips so far this year. And I’m looking forward to a few more this year. I’m going to Mom’s house, Dad’s house, back to Vegas and to Aruba again. I look forward to every experience. 🙂
- Reduced-fat Lays Kettle chips…yep..they’re delicious – 3 WW points per serving.
- Make-up and nail polish and other girly things.
- Talking on the phone. Yah, I know…what can I say? I’m a girl. 😉 Have you ever known someone that you could talk to about something or nothing for hours just because? I know someone like that, and the phone makes it feel as though we’re not as far apart as we are.
- Christmas. I love it. I love decorating my tree, baking cookies and making homemade cocoa and hosting my annual party. 🙂 I pretend to hate that crowds in Midtown, but I’m full of it. The truth is that I see the tree every year. It’s crowded, and people are obnoxious. But I think I’ll always love it.
The list could go on and on, but I think this is enough for now. 😉 What makes you happy?