Exercise Reflection

A New Chapter

Today is my birthday, and so far, I love being 30 years old. πŸ˜‰ I’m going to celebrate with friends Saturday night, but today my plan is to exercise and enjoy the freedom I’ve found in being over 100 pounds thinner than I was a little over a year ago.

I feel so lucky to have a life full of friends and family and love. And I have a feeling that my thirties are going to be the best yet…just saying.

Seth
    July 5, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the year and keep with the fitness…!!!

Kimberly
    July 5, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Happy birthday! My 30th year was awesome and I am sure yours will be too!

Rhonda
    July 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Happy 30th Kenz! With your positive attitude your 30's can be your best yet. I have a feeling they will be too. πŸ˜‰

Sean Anderson
    July 5, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Your thirties will be the richest, most rewarding decade ever. Not because of me or anyone else—It will, simply because you have a winning spirit and drive inside that demands the very best from you and everything you set out to do. You understand that happiness is ultimately inside our own hearts and completely up to us—our choices, our ambitions-dreams, our beautiful life–all about our choices—just waiting to be released, nudged loose—fully realized, and it's beautiful when that happens.

Even better–Being close enough to feel that happiness and share in that happiness with someone who is absolutely on the same page of this most incredible chapter.

Welcome to your 30's Kenz.
    Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe your enchanter.

The warmest regards–always,
    Sean

Deb Willbefree
    July 5, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Happy, happy birthday! The 30s is the absolute best decade–really, it is. Mature enough…young enough…a future full of promise…strenght ot go for it…time to make mistakes and learn from them.

If I were able to return to a decade, it would be the years of my 30s. May the Lord enrich you and grow you and bless you abundantly during these years!

Deb

Kel
    July 5, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Happy Birthday! Enjoy 30!

Jessica
    July 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! I LOVE reading your blog!

Mrs. Fine
    July 5, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Wow! I just found your blog and found it inspiring and positive. As a fellow 30s something, I can say that previous comments are on the money — the 30s are so far seem to be the best decade. Old enough to know ourselves, yet young enough to be kid-like when necessary. Happy Birthday!!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    July 5, 2010 at 8:37 pm

yeah!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KENZ! the day after the 4th- how fun! a perfect time for a birthday!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    July 5, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Annie
    July 5, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Happy birthday to you!! I hope you have a great day and a fun celebration on Saturday. πŸ™‚ I'm 32 and, so far, I've loved my 30's!

Keri
    July 5, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Happy birthday girlfriend. Sounds like you're handling the 30's much better than I did.. haha. Your 30's will bring you another 100lbs down and thats reason enough to celebrate them and welcome them in with open arms!!

Lisa
    July 5, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Happy 30th! Hope you have a day that is as fabulous as you are!

Denise
    July 5, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I don't know you, Kenz, but I have become fascinated by your journey and your blog…thanks for sharing your story-it's very meaningful-and happiest of birthdays!

trippingtiffies
    July 5, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Happy Birthday Gorgeous! Hope you have a lovely day!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    July 6, 2010 at 12:05 am

Happy major birthday to you! So much for you to celebrate! I don't care how much you spend; the economy can use it. Take lots of photos and video of the party to share so that we can all feel like we did the Big Apple, too, on Kenz's 30th.

It's definitely going to be your best decade yet, I can feel it. ENJOY!!!

fearlesskate
    July 6, 2010 at 12:19 am

happy birthday πŸ™‚

Pinky
    July 6, 2010 at 1:00 am

Happy Birthday

Heather Forcey
    July 6, 2010 at 1:45 am

Happy Birthday!

Sneaker Teacher
    July 6, 2010 at 2:13 am

Happy Happy Birthday Kenz! Hope it was a great day!!!

Pam
    July 6, 2010 at 2:40 am

Happy Birthday! 30 is a great year! Enjoy it to the fullest!
    Pam

July 6, 2010 at 3:37 am

Happy, happy Birthday!

Angela
    July 6, 2010 at 4:27 am

Happy Birthday !! I hope that you love your 30s as much as I have loved mine.

Beth
    July 6, 2010 at 5:34 am

Happy Birthday!!

β™₯ Kenz β™₯
    July 6, 2010 at 6:24 am

Thanks so much to each of you! πŸ™‚ I wish you could all be here to celebrate with me.

Sean..you might have a little something to do with it..:)

Genie..that means a lot coming from you especially today. You know I'll post more pictures than anyone could possibly want to see. πŸ˜‰

Tammy
    July 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Hey girl!! Thanks for the comment on my last post. I went back and read the post before this one and I'm very sorry for those idiot teenagers and the way they made you feel. I don't know how much you weigh, but my highest point used to be 340 lbs, so trust me, I've heard all of the insults, too. One time I was laying on the beach getting some sun down in Daytona, FL, and 2 teenage guys walked by and snickered and called me Shamu, just loud enough for me to hear it. I wanted to sink down in the sand and die right then and there. I did NOT want to have to get up and walk all the way back to the hotel in front of everyone on the beach, because it felt like they all heard it and they all thought the same thing about me. But listen….we're on the road to getting better…Transformation Road, as Sean would call it. (I told him when he writes his book he should make that the title!! Love it!!) I think you've done a fantastic job so far and I love your dedication. You always have a friend and supporter in me girl! In fact, I'd love to meet you! I told Sean last weekend that when he plans a trip to AL to see his dad later this year, that you should fly down too, and when he stops here in GA for a visit, then you and him and me and Dwayne can all go out together!! Like a double date!! How very high school of me, eh? lol Seriously…I hope you get to make it down when he comes…I know we'd have a TON of fun! Just keep fighting girl…we're BOTH gonna' get there! πŸ™‚

Tammy
    July 6, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Ah crap…I forgot to say Happy Birthday!!! My 30's have been, by far, the best decade so far…you're gonna' love 'em! πŸ™‚

Corinna
    July 6, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Happy Birthday!!!!! I know it will be an amazing day for you because you always seem to make the day wonderful for yourself. You're an inspiration to so many and you're doing wonderfully on your journey!
    Have a blast!!!!

Vaia
    July 6, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I have been in 30 land for 2 years now, and honestly, it's the best time I've ever had! Happy Happy Happy Birthday beautiful lady!!

MB
    July 6, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Happy (belated) Birthday! I loved my 30's so much I've decided to stay there for the last 3 years and will continue to celebrate my 39th birthday (for the 4th year) on Thursday. πŸ˜‰ CHEERS!

Lisa
    July 6, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Happy 30!!! I think it's great that you are "figuring" it out this young. You have so many great years ahead of you. Enjoy YOUR special day πŸ™‚

Fran
    July 6, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Happy birthday. Hope you've had a great day.

Beth @ fatbustermack
    July 6, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Happy Birthday! 30 is a great year!

SeattleRunnerGirl
    July 7, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Welcome to your 30s – it IS a great decade as others have said. Sorry to miss the actual day, but I hope it was great!

Javier Duarte
    July 8, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Happy B-lated Birthday Kenz!! Welcome to the 30's club lol
    Congrats on your weight loss!!

Hope you had a great birthday!