Challenge Discipline Filling Foods

Day One: Completed

It’s Day 2 of the PEWC. (Seriously Sean..we should have considered the acronym. hehe) Regardless, Day 1 was a good day for me, and I hope it was for everyone who participated! I’m happy to report that I drank 13 glasses of water. And I can honestly say that I felt fuller and more satisfied all day.

I started the day with a Special K shake – sometimes that’s all I can stand to have in the morning. Then I had a lunch filled with vegetables, lean protein and one ounce of potato chips. I eat potato chips, yes. Nothing is off-limits in my world because I’m in this for the rest of my life, and I think it’s important to eat things I enjoy. I just eat one serving of chips now instead of 3 or more. πŸ˜‰

(Lunch – pork sliders (3 WW points each) with veggies and an ounce of chips.)

Dinner was the same – vegetables, a little lean protein and multi-grain chips and amazing salsa. I continued to drink water throughout the day, and I did the 30-Day Shred then walked a couple of miles with a friend. I feel like a health nut today, and it feels good. πŸ™‚

I’d love to hear how Day 1 went for you. I’d also love to know what you all eat for breakfast every morning. I plan to eat 6 egg whites with veggies tomorrow, and I’m going to attempt to cook tilapia and a corn salsa for dinner. My new friend, Chef Dave, seems to think it will be easy. We’ll see how that goes. πŸ˜‰

Diz
    July 13, 2010 at 5:20 am

Love the new look of the page! Love YOU!

Deb Willbefree
    July 13, 2010 at 5:33 am

Hey. I finally took the risk and cooked talapia. I am not a fish cooker. πŸ˜€

I bought the talapia that comes vacumn sealed in 4 ounce portions.

Get this! I unsealed them. Sprayed a microwave safe dish (yep, microwave!) with Pam (I use butter flavored) and shook on some McCormick garlic and herb sodium free mix on it.

Stuck it in the mic for 1 minute, took it out turned it over and put it back in for another minute. Perfect. thicker pieces take more time–thinner less.

Really, it was amazing. hahaha. Who knew?

And I drank my water today, too. I'm pleased–and relieved–to say that I'm back on track. whew!

And, by the way, so glad I'm not the only one who noticed how one would pronounce PEWC. lol!

Deb

Heather A
    July 13, 2010 at 6:48 am

Ugh, I've been drinking at least 64oz of good ol' H2O all week… up until today. πŸ™

Today didn't go too well (see today's blog entry). But, the water bottles are filled and ready for tomorrow! I'm excited to get back on track! πŸ™‚

Tammy
    July 13, 2010 at 9:34 am

I mostly eat egg whites for breakfast…sometimes with veggies and sometimes with a side of meat….this week I'm having 3 egg whites with Jimmy Dean turkey sausage with it…delish! πŸ™‚

Mae Flowers
    July 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

I'm with you on letting yourself eat chips once in a while- nothing if off limits for me either, just in moderation.

I have a variety of breakfasts that I go between. Peanut/Almond butter on toast with bananas sliced on top, oatmeal with fresh fruit on top, plain cheerios with fruit, and sometimes yogurt and fruit.

Tammy
    July 13, 2010 at 11:13 am

I've been mixing a Carnation no sugar added Instant Breakfast with skim milk and fruit for a 3-point smoothie for breakfast. However, since the power was out this morning, it was Chocolate Cheerios and skim milk!

Sean Anderson
    July 13, 2010 at 11:46 am

Yeah–the acronym, maybe we're just missing a hyphen…
    as in PE-WC…because that's how I say it. It rolls off the tongue nicely if you say it divided—but pronounced "puke," uh—yeah—you're right. We should have given it more thought.
    My Day 1 was incredible!! I noticed an increase in sweat during my spinning class. Hmmmm—more water, more sweat—makes sense…and felt amazing! I ended up with about 75 ounces…easily the most pure unadulterated water I've ever consumed in one day. It was amazing! I seriously believe that this challenge will prove to me the undeniable benefits of drinking enough.
    Thank you for a wonderful challenge idea–I give you the credit, beautiful!
    I'm excited for this and many other reasons! πŸ˜‰

Always–
    Sean

aschul11
    July 13, 2010 at 12:53 pm

For breakfast I usually eat an egg fritata with whatever veggies I have in the fridge usually onions and fresh baby spinach… cook those for a minute or two unitl the spinach is wilted down and then half cup of egg substitute and then either a pizza sauce or salsa (both homemade) on top with mozzarella it gets 2 servings of veggies out of the way. I also usually add yogurt or cottage cheese or fruit

aschul11
    July 13, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Do you do 30DS as a series or just on random days?

Toby
    July 13, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I drank 9 glasses of water today. I am not a big breakfast person, I don't get up in time to cook b-fast and all the places I drive by on the way to work don't have very healthy choices so I drink a Chocolate Slim Fast, it gives me vitamins that I don't normally get and it curbs my chocolate craving. πŸ™‚

Allan
    July 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Water was easy. So many trips to the potty, Oy..

Jo
    July 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm

64 oz for me on Monday.

I change it up at breakfast. Sometimes it's a 3 egg white omelet with mushrooms, ground red pepper, and a little 2% cheese, and whatever veggies I have. Sometimes it's whole grain toast with 1 Tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 banana, sometimes it's a boiled egg and 1 pc turkey bacon, or oatmeal with raisins or blueberries. And when I'm on the road, I make a peanut butter sandwich, cut it in half, and eat 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for snack 3 hours later.

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    July 13, 2010 at 2:18 pm

i drank a little over 64 oz; i quit counting it after i got in the 64.

i eat old-fashioned oats and add about a tablespoon of naturally more peanut butter, blueberries, and sometimes strawberries.

Jessica
    July 13, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Got my 64 in today!
    My breakfast changes with the seasons πŸ™‚ During the summer, I have 1/2 cup of bran cereal, 1/2 cup of bran buds or Fiber One. Almond Milk, cinnamon, and fruit. On the weekends, I occasionally do an omelet πŸ™‚

Amanda
    July 13, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I got in 72 oz. yesterday, so that works for me πŸ™‚

For my breakfast, it depends on the day of the week. I used to hate breakfast (I'd literally have to choke it down), but that's shifted over the past few years. Weekdays I eat breakfast with my parents after I drop my boys off at school. I'm there anyway to drop off Teddy for Doggy Day Care (he's a chihuahua/yorkie mix and is an absolute loon), so it fits in well. I usually eat an egg (either nuked in the microwave or scrambled by my father when he's on a breakfast-making kick, which he is right now), some form of whole grain (either Kashi or some seriously whole wheat toast), fresh fruit (banana, blueberries, strawberries, whatever's on tap) and some form of dairy (nonfat milk or lowfat yogurt… often mixed with the fruit).

Oh, and I take my calcium supplements because I am getting OLD πŸ˜›

If it's the weekend or if I'm at home, I usually do a breakfast sandwich instead. I cook two egg whites in a pan in "patty" form, then put them on a whole wheat sandwich thin or English muffin along with spicy mustard, one ounce of cheddar cheese, and either a slice of center cut bacon or a piece of Canadian bacon. That goes in the toaster oven for the cheese to melt, and then I slice 1/4 of an avocado to go on the top of it all. It's good stuff πŸ™‚

Eliza
    July 13, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I am so excited. I got in 64 oz yesterday for the first time in…well a really long time. And I agree with a folks on the tilapia. Not horribly fishy and really easy to cook.

Bfast is a hard one for me, I get nauseated when I eat first thing, but I know I need to eat. I have gotten hooked on Fage (greek yogurt) 2% with raisins and slivered almonds or broken up walnuts. Then about an hour to 2 later, I try to remember to eat fruit and a string cheese. I love eggs, but I just can't eat that early.

Thanks for the encouragement and challenge. Off to finish the first 24 of the day.

brenda
    July 13, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I usually put 4 egg whites in a pan sprinkled with pepper, flip it as soon as it is cooked enough to flip, sprinkle skim mozzarella cheese on it and let the cheese melt, spread two diced roma tomatoes over the cheese with a little salt, fold it over, and you have the best breakfast ever.

I have been a long time follower of Sean's blog and I have loved getting to know you through yours. I have felt connected because we are at a similar weight.

I joined the challenge and I have gotten all my water so far! I do love water though so it's not hard.

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing so much!

Jessica
    July 13, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I did ok on the challenge with the H20. I had 32 oz of water and least that in crystal light. I want to try to do more water today..and less on the CL.
    I eat 2 eggs and 1 egg white scrambled with a little cheese sprinkled on top.

I would love to have the recipe for the pork sliders…they looks so yummy!! πŸ™‚

I need more lunch and dinner ideas!!!!

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    July 13, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Jessica, I'd love to have a recipe to give you, but they were prepared by the executive chef at Depot Market – a local establishment here. They're sooooo good! I wish I could share them with everyone. So yummy!

Rhonda
    July 13, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Yea, I did it yesterday, but haven't had a drop today. I better get with it! It felt good getting my water in again.

My breakfast…green smoothies! Almost daily.

Christine
    July 13, 2010 at 6:27 pm

My day 1 was so-so. I made it through about 55 oz of water. Not bad, but not the goal either. Drinking this much water is HARD!

Breakfast for me is usually a handful of almonds (maybe 20 almonds). Every other day or so I'll have one slice of cheese with perhaps 4 crackers for breakfast, then have the almonds for my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.

I'd like to eat more eggs, but I never feel very motivated in the morning.

KellyNY
    July 14, 2010 at 1:17 am

Day 2 & a gallon of water are in the books. My breakfast choices change with the seasons. Right now, I'm on a Fiber One Muffin kick with some fresh fruit – orange, peach or banana. Tomorrow, I'm going to have a hard boiled egg, with some cereal & low fat milk. And either an orange or a peach.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    July 14, 2010 at 1:19 am

I like your redecorated place a lot! I'm going to drink more water this week in honor of your PEWC challenge.

Missy
    July 14, 2010 at 2:43 am

66 oz today and 68 oz yesterday..woohoo!

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    July 14, 2010 at 4:18 am

Way to go Missy!!! That's what I like to hear! πŸ™‚

And thanks Genie..:) It was an accident as a result of messing with my old format, but I think I'm going to leave it this way for now. πŸ™‚

stacy
    July 14, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Been successful at drinking my water each day so far. But, I can' believe how many trips I'm having to make to the bathroom!

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    July 14, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Stacy! Me too! Our bodies will adjust over the next couple of weeks so hang in there..it's so worth it! πŸ™‚