Gearing Up

This has been a wonderful weekend so far, and it’s just getting started. 🙂 Sarah came in from Boston Thursday. She joined me at my weekly weigh-in, and I showed a 2 pound gain. This is the first time I’ve ever gained twice in a row, and I hope it’s the only time. I was upset about it, but the fact is that I’ve become a little too relaxed since losing the first 100 pounds so I shouldn’t be too surprised. I can enjoy dinner with friends, eating an occasional piece of cake (which will be happening later today) and still lose weight. I just have to regain the focus I’ve had in losing over the last year.

There is no question that I want to keep moving forward, and I need my actions to start reflecting that. When I do my best, it’s enough to lose so there will be no sulking or pretending that I don’t know why it happened. It’s a new week and a new opportunity to do my best, and there’s no time like the present to get started!

I’ve really enjoyed having Sarah here, and I’m looking forward to celebrating my birthday with several friends tomorrow. I’m also looking forward to starting to water challenge with everyone. The response has been extraordinary so far, and there’s still time to join us! The challenge starts Monday!

You can read the details of the challenge here. If you sign up, I’ll add a link to you on my blog and Sean will do the same on his blog. A few of you have asked if we’ll drink plain water of if we’ll include all liquids. Sean and I will be drinking natural H2O that has not been chemically altered by aspartame and other chemicals that can be found in drinks like Crystal Light and other similar powder packets.

Sean Anderson
    July 10, 2010 at 7:30 am

You're doing extraordinarily well! The honesty within you—the ability to call yourself out and demand better choices and actions—that's so critically important along this road—and you get that. And seriously?? Getting that element of this process is the most important in my opinion.

"…there will be no sulking or pretending that I don't know why it happened." Right there—that's you getting real with yourself. That's you saying—I know what has brought me this far—I have it, and I'm moving confidently toward my goal—and nothing will stop me. No emotion, circumstance, person, place, or thing…I will stand up for myself–against myself if I must—I will succeed.
    You baby, are amazing. I feel so blessed just to linger in your light. Thank you for being so special to me.
    The water challenge—YES!!! We're going to rock this thang!!! PURE water—I'm going to save sooooo much money–not buying those little packets!!!!

My best always—rest well—and these pictures are incredible. I LOVE them!!

Sean

M
    July 10, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Yes, sign me up! I hope you have a terrific day full of good friends!

dawne
    July 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm

I LOVE the flower dress…LOVE!

Lisa
    July 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Sorry about the gain, but as always your insight about it and honesty is amazing. You look great in the pictures. You have one of the best smiles ever!!

PrettyWoman
    July 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Once you add those packets to water it is no longer water. It is a flavored drink.

creatingsarah
    July 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I'd love to join in on the challenge! Do I have to do anything other than tell you I'm going to participate? haha
    I'm sure you won't see another gain for a while, girl. (:

Annie
    July 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm

You look beautiful in those photos! I love the dress!

You're already back on track by recognizing that you made a few poor choices and aren't going to do it again. Good for you!

Can't wait to participate in the water challenge, I've already begun on my own! 🙂

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 10, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Sean…nothing can compare…:)

Pretty Woman..I agree. It's no longer water when chemicals are added. A few people did ask though, and I'm always happy to clarify.

Creating Sarah…nope..that's all you have to do..then come back every week to let us know how you're doing. We will both post about it on Sundays and ask for your updates as well. 🙂

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 10, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Thank you for the compliment Dawn! =)

Diz
    July 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm

You can do it girl! Stay the course!! xoxo

snoconegirl
    July 10, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Were gonna get there kenz…and I'm in the challange..whoohoo..loveyou

TeresaLynn
    July 10, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I'd like to join the water challenge. I usually do one 24oz bottle of pure water while working out, and 2 others that have additives. This will be a good way to ditch the additives, since I love reading your blog, and Sean's!

If you hyperlink to my blog, it's http://www.keepthetopthird.blogspot.com.

Lisa
    July 11, 2010 at 2:29 am

I love that dress! So cute!
    Sign me up for the challenge as well! I need to drink more water for sure and this will be a great motivator!

Val
    July 11, 2010 at 3:40 am

Happy bday weekend! I'm excited about this water challenge 😀
    And gorgeous dress!

purple_moonflower123
    July 11, 2010 at 4:38 am

Happy Birthday! My birthday is tomorrow too. I will have to check out the water challenge.

ivoryfrog
    July 11, 2010 at 10:00 am

I would like to join in with the water challenge if I may? 🙂

I haven't been very good with getting in enough water so this might be the motivation I need. 🙂

take care