Food Healthy Eating Healthy Habits

PEWC Week One Update (And An E-Mail Change)

It’s hard to believe that we have already completed week one of the PEWC. We have two weeks to go, and I’m excited to say that the first week was a big success for me. I drank water like a champ all week, and I noticed that I felt more satisfied everyday.

I didn’t have to fight as many cravings throughout the day, and I found myself making healthier food choices. Healthy habits lead to other healthy habits, and this challenge has definitely had a positive effect on me. 😉

• Knowing that I would consume a healthy amount of water made me want to eat more fruits and veggies too so I did.
  • My skin feels even softer.
  • I didn’t have as many cravings during the afternoon.
  • My energy level is higher than it was in previous weeks.
  • I felt more alert even during the slow parts of my day.

I know that many of you have been rocking the water all week, and I’d love to hear how you feel. Do you feel good? Has it been easy or has it been a struggle? Can you see any differences yet?

The challenge is in full swing now, and I hope it has had the positive effect on you that it’s had on Sean and me! Let us hear about it…And don’t forget to e-mail us a water photo if you’d like to be featured on Sean’s blog and/or mine.

Until then,

Bottoms up Friends!

***I’ve changed my e-mail address so if you have my e-mail address please update it with this new one: shrinkingkenz@gmail.com! Thanks Friends..!***

Heather A
    July 19, 2010 at 6:14 am

One week in and the effects have been amazing! I'm feeling more alert, more energetic, satisfied longer with less cravings. I'm calmer and am sleeping so deeply! I'm less worried about retaining water due to sodium-heavy foods, though I still keep an eye on those numbers. It even seems to have helped with my workouts. I've been able to push myself a bit harder and have loved it!

This past week has been eye-opening for me regarding the importance of drinking clean, clear H2O… no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. The difference has changed my view on the necessity of water for good health and I have been passing the word along to my friends.

I hope people will continue to join this challenge and learn about all of these wonderful changes for themselves! 🙂 ~H.

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    July 19, 2010 at 6:55 am

Wow Heather..this makes me so happy. I knew you had experienced some positive effects already, but there are so many. I'm so proud of us for making this progress! And I, uh, want your new water bottle. Just saying. 🙂

Sean Anderson
    July 19, 2010 at 10:15 am

Yes! Week one in the books baby! I must admit, I can't believe the difference I feel. It's really making a positive impact in a few different ways I can actually see and feel and in several ways I can't. My attitude toward water has changed…it's not a chore anymore–it's a pleasure. I guess it's all about our attitude, huh?
    Yes—Pictures!! Keep 'em coming!

Kenz, my girl–thank you for everything. This water challenge is exceeding my wildest expectations.

everything always,
    Sean 😉

spunkysuzi
    July 19, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I've been bang on with drinking my water this week. I usually do drink quite a bit of water but this contest has help me keep track of exactly how much i'm drinking!
    Thanks

Jessica
    July 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I did really well during the work week with my water intake, but this weekend was definitely slack. We were out of town, and I didn't bring enough bottled water with me. At restaurants, I drank water, but I still feel like I came up short with my water intake. At least I have learned from this and will know to bring a small cooler of water next weekend.

Annie
    July 19, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I did really well throughout the week, but the weekend I didn't drink as much. Bummer!! I guess I just wasn't as focused on it over the weekend. I still drank more than I used to, though, so I'll take it and get back on track today. :o)

Debbie
    July 19, 2010 at 5:18 pm

My water drinking is really picking up. I am up to 48 oz now a day. I am getting there, slow but sure.

Rettakat
    July 19, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Got it done! Every drop, every day.

My tap water doesn't taste good, so I'm looking into the Brita water filter. But I did it anyway, and it helped me realize that I wasn't drinking as much as I thought I was. Having to "measure" and keep track has been an eye-opener for me.

Thanks for doing this challenge. 🙂

Loretta