So Many Things…

Monday was hard, but today was much better. And I’m really looking forward to tomorrow. πŸ™‚ I cannot tell you all how much it meant to me to read the encouraging comments and e-mails I received yesterday. I was deeply touched. Thank you.

And yesterday wasn’t all bad. There was a bright spot in the midst of my storm. I had the pleasure of visiting with one of my favorite bloggers on her visit to the Big Apple. Jen from Tatertots and Jello is one of the most creative women I know, and she is beautiful inside and out! Thanks so much for having lunch with me Jen! πŸ™‚

Here we are at my favorite restaurant in New York City. I love Thai food!
And here’s what I ate! I had Pad Thai and sticky rice with peanut sauce. I also had beef satay.
After lunch I brought them to a little German store I love then to M. Rohrs’ which is my favorite neighborhood coffee shop. I’m not a coffee drinker, but I love this place.The coffee is separated into large, antique barrels. How did I forget to photograph them? I played Scrabble (for the first time in NY) here almost three years ago. πŸ™‚

Today I packed for my trip, got a haircut and completed 101 minutes of cardio. The lovely woman who cut my hair, Sue, griped at me more than once for wearing pants that were so big they looked ridiculous. May I just express how wonderful that feels?! πŸ™‚

I drank 17 glasses of water today, and I’m convinced that this habit is one that I should keep for the reasons I’ve listed in previous posts.

Jodi is rocking this challenge, and I just have to say that I admire her! She has lost 188 pounds! How amazing is that?! You can find her blog at: http://elvismoodyblue.blogspot.com.

And Stephanie is doing great too! She says “These hard plastic tumblers are the only way I get my water in. I have to have a straw!” I hear you Stephanie! I drink so much more when using a straw. You can read her blog at: http://immyfavorite.blogspot.com/. I love that title…just saying.

These cups make me want to drink water too. I’m so not kidding.

I would like to say thanks again for all of the messages. I can’t express how much they meant to me. I have a lot to look forward to, and I plan to face the day with that in mind. How’s your week so far? And what are you looking forward to in the coming days?

Sean Anderson
    July 28, 2010 at 10:23 am

You. πŸ˜‰

Tammy
    July 28, 2010 at 11:15 am

Tomorrow I will make the blood donation that will make me a 10-gallon donor! I'm pretty excited because that's a big milestone! Friday night we are going to a patio party at a local (beautiful) golf course with good food and good music! What I'm not looking forward to is the weigh-in today!

I'm glad your day was better on Tuesday! Have a wonderful trip!

Shane G.
    July 28, 2010 at 11:26 am

Holy crap, I have a New York friend! I didn't know that! How awesome is that.

I am glad you had a great day Tuesday Kenz. It made me think how many times I went into an eating binge because I had surrendered to hopelessness I felt at that moment. Having dealt with it in a different way this past week, I know now that keeping an even keel is the way to go. Get through today's storm and it will be ok, and you won't have sabotaged yourself either!

Have a great trip Kenz!!

Tammy
    July 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Moving into my new apt this week…picking up the keys today on my lunch break!!!!

Glad you're feeling better…just remember, you're never alone. πŸ™‚

Lisa
    July 28, 2010 at 1:15 pm

That Thai food looks absolutely delicious!! New York is such an awesome place. I'm hoping to go again this winter.

I'm glad you seem like you're feeling better today πŸ™‚

I kind of like wearing the clothes when they become to big…it's a reminder of what you've accomplished. I got rid of a lot of my biggest clothing, but I kept a few to try on whenver I need a reminder of how far I've come.

Oh..and great job on the 101 minute cardio. That is fantastic!!

zedramaqueen
    July 28, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Hi Kenz – I'm a new reader. Found Sean's blog first, then started reading yours. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Your posts are a joy to read…yes, even the one from your tough day this week. It reminds us that even in the midst of an amazingly wonderful journey, CRUD STILL HAPPENS. How we deal with it is up to us. You chose not to use food as your crutch, which turned at least one aspect of your crud to gold. That's an incredible win, in my opinion. Anyway, have a wonderful day!

Cathy

kristi
    July 28, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Gonna go visit your friend's blog!!

Anonymous
    July 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Wednesday night Bible study and prayer time with fellow Christians!!!

brynn
    July 28, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I just have to say that I am looking forward to hearing about the fun you and Sean will have. I follow both of you like I read a good book.

Have fun!

Melissa
    July 28, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I have to drink my water ice cold, so I load up my container with ice, then add water. It is hotter than hell down here in S FLA, so the ice melts pretty quickly πŸ™‚
    Glad you are having a better day. You are very photogenic. You should think about modeling that pretty smile!

Elizabeth.
    July 28, 2010 at 8:25 pm

YAY! What a terrific looking coffee house. You look great, and you're an inspiration to me on the 101 minutes of cardio. I'll get there! I'm re-reading your game plan for vacation time – it helps me with my day-to-day. Sean's post was super-sweet and I hope you have a glorious time with friends and family! πŸ™‚ – e.

Jodi
    July 29, 2010 at 2:20 am

Thanks for the shout-out Kenz! I admire you too!!

I'm so glad that you are feeling better!! Just think, by this time tomorrow night!!!

Have a safe trip! Make sure you take plenty of pictures. :):) – Jodi πŸ™‚

dawne
    July 29, 2010 at 2:20 am

Throw those pants away… or donate to a good cause.

Mavy Gravy
    July 29, 2010 at 2:32 am

Great pics and you do have a gorgeous smile! PS: Just read your last entry and glad to hear you're feeling better.

Enjoy the rest of the week! x Mavy Gravy