Discipline Exercise weight loss

This Week…

I’m pretty excited about a few things this week, and one of those things is, of course, my birthday. I’m officially thirty now, but the official celebration is not until Saturday night. I’m having about 30 friends over to enjoy good food, good drinks and good company.

(I turned 30 here among friends…and this is one of them. I’m so happy to starting my 30’s with friends like her.)

I think I’ve already mentioned that my friend, Sarah, who has a blog called The Weight It Is, will be coming down from Boston for the weekend too! Can you tell I’m excited about this?! She has lost 185 pounds and maintained that loss for over 5 years. She was a guest on my blog a while back. You can check that post out here.

(Seriously….wow..she’s just as beautiful on the inside.)

Today I spent some time in the pool because it was an extraordinarily rare day in which it was over 100 degrees here then I did functional weight training and cardio. This week will be busy with my regular schedule, friends and party preparations, but I’ll continue to workout regularly and eat properly because that’s the best gift I can give to myself.

Heather
    July 7, 2010 at 5:52 am

30 friends over to celebrate 30 years of Kenlie! Sounds like an amazing time is planned for all. 🙂

My birthday wishes for you are:

1) May your workouts feel easy, but work your body hard.

2) May your weigh-ins be better than you expect.

3) May life surprise you with amazing, positive moments you'd never have guessed you'd have in a million years.

4) May your motivation, your spirit, and your positive attitude never fail you.

5) May the next few weeks past by quickly as I know you "just can't wait" for that next omelet. 😉

Oh, and next time you post oh-so-delicious pics of sushi, you better send some this way. Evil, evil temptress of the yummy dragon roll. hehehe 🙂

Happy Birthday!
    ~H.

Sean Anderson
    July 7, 2010 at 11:25 am

Sarah is amazing! Thank you for sharing her blog here, absolutely!
    You totally rocked your workout today, completely owning it!!!
    You inspire me to do better.

Seriously—thank you,
    Sean

Debbie
    July 7, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Happy birthday to you… Wow I can remember turning 30 I think..lol

AndreaLeigh
    July 7, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Happy belated birthday, girlie! Sorry I am late but I hope you had the best day ever!

Vaia
    July 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm

What a cute party – 30 friends for a 30th party! Love it.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    July 7, 2010 at 1:22 pm

How fun! 30 really becomes you.

Tammy
    July 7, 2010 at 2:18 pm

You're right, good health is the BEST gift you can give yourself! I might not see a loss at the scale today, but I feel great because I'm back on my exercise program! Have a wonderful week!

Lucy K
    July 7, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fantastic time with your friends. Thanks for sharing Sarah's blog I will definitely check it out.

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 7, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Heather, wow…thank you for the sweet, sweet words…You are such a good friend!

♥ Kenz ♥
    July 7, 2010 at 4:34 pm

And about Sarah, yeah..she's pretty awesome…:) If you're not following her already then you definitely should.

hillary
    July 7, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Congrats! Welcome to the 30 somethings! My husband's birthday was saturday so I can appreciate a Cancer. He just turned 31 though.