Weigh-In and Water Update

Today was weigh-in day, and I lost two pounds. I really needed this after the lame weigh-ins I had for two weeks prior. I have definitely regained full control, and it feels good to know that when I’m doing my best it’s enough to show a good loss.

The meeting was great tonight, and one of the highlights for me was very personal. As I sat in the meeting I realized that I had been sitting there with my legs crossed in my denim pencil skirt. My legs were crossed for almost an hour before I noticed – and that’s new for me. It was also new to be wearing a pencil skirt. Non-scale victories + a loss on the scale = a good evening.

My water consumption was slower today, but I still managed to have 14 glasses. That’s more than enough to keep me feeling hydrated.

(My WW receptionist who also happens to be an extraordinary leader in another meeting was drinking water like a champ along with several of us at the meeting!)

Now we’re on to Day 5 of the challenge, and I’m ready to hit the ground running. I’m still not feeling 100%, but I am feeling more alert and more satisfied throughout the day. I absolutely believe this is due to my increased water consumption!

Annie
    July 16, 2010 at 4:58 am

Congrats on the 2 pounds! Even bigger congrats on the pencil skirt and leg crossing! That's awesome! Those NSV's are great and deserve to be celebrated. 🙂

Water, water, water…! I'm feeling better, too, since drinking more of it.

Moving Mertle
    July 16, 2010 at 5:23 am

Congrats on your loss! Isn't funny how you can go from never drinking water to constantly having a Nalgene by your side? keep up the great work.

Heather A
    July 16, 2010 at 5:38 am

I have performed the Snoopy happy dance in your honor this evening. 🙂 Congrats on both the 2lb loss and the amazing NSV. Totally awesome!

Water was a little slow here too today. I did get in my 2 liters of plain, clear H2O, but I did sneak in another 4 cups with some Crystal Lite. Plain water just wasn't cutting in with the pancakes for breakfast. hehehe

I am really beginning to feel some positive effects! I feel more alert, fuller longer when I drink water with a meal, satisfied longer after the meal, and even both calmer and more patient. For me, that's sayin' something. 🙂

A seemingly simple challenge that brings to light such an overlooked necessity. A huge thanks to you and Sean for putting this together!

We're feelin' it! We're rockin' it! We're doin' it!

Liana
    July 16, 2010 at 5:46 am

Way to go Kenz!!! Congrats on the weight loss and water challenge. I've been drinking my water like a champ, and have 2 glasses of water before my meals, and one glass during if I can fit it in. So drinking around 8-9 glasses of water a day. I feel so much more satisfied, and have been peeing heaps! LOL!

Diane Fit to the Finish
    July 16, 2010 at 11:23 am

congratulations on all the weight you've lost – that is incredible!! I loved being able to cross my legs again – it was a great feeling.

MB
    July 16, 2010 at 11:40 am

Congrats on the loss and the pencil skirt. WoooHooo!

You and Sean are adorable. I initially wasn't going to join the water challenge because I generally drink at least 64 oz. of water on the days I go to the gym but I'm going to join in so I can push myself to drink at least that much on the weekends when the water intake drops and increase my water intake to 96 oz. on workout days. Hydrate or die, right?

Tammy
    July 16, 2010 at 11:58 am

Hooray for a 2 lb loss, crossing your legs, and the pencil skirt!! LOVE IT!! Enjoy your progress girl…you worked for it and you DESERVE IT!! 🙂

Genie @ Diet of 51
    July 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Only other women battling their weight would know the joy of a Pencil Skirt Victory!!! YA-HOOOO!!!

Your skin is so beautiful. Water and healthy food consumption?

Congrats on the loss! Those pounds floated away……

Tammy
    July 16, 2010 at 1:26 pm

What a great NSV!!! Our leader challenged us to write one down every day this week. It's a great reminder that we are making progress, even if the scale stays the same. You are rocking it – the WW program, the water challenge, and the PENCIL SKIRT!!! Congrats!

Mae Flowers
    July 16, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Way to go on the 2 lbs! I love your shirt! Very cute!

Allan
    July 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm

On the thirteenth trip to the toilet, after bottle number 4 of Poland Springs, I leaned over and my 1.75 magnifying glasses that I get in a three pack from Costco bit the dust. Swan dive, a 7.3 from the Asian Judge, right into the commode. Yeah baby, the urine has a new friend. Hopefully a sewer alligator will use them, as I flushed them right into the Hudson River. Ten pair left, challenge better end soon… So much water, so many trips to the head….

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    July 16, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Oh my Allan…it takes time! But it gets better! 🙂 LOL Oh dear…

I just realized that you live in NY too…nice! I live steps away from the Hudson too..just saying.

Rhonda
    July 16, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Yea! Congrats on your 2 pound loss and your awesome NSV! I know what you mean about crossing your legs. I've done good with the water except that one day! 🙂

Amanda
    July 16, 2010 at 7:18 pm

What a great NSV… and the scale victory rocks as well!!

Sarah
    July 16, 2010 at 8:49 pm

YaY!

SeattleRunnerGirl
    July 17, 2010 at 2:21 am

Congratulations on the great loss!

kristi
    July 17, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I am on a weight loss journey as well. I try to drink water a lot. I never knew I would like it so much. Please come by my blog and visit! You have a great smile!

Pam
    July 17, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Kenz, You look so pretty in these photos. Crossing your legs is huge and your foot isn't even sticking straight out. I know this situation as this year I am unable to cross my legs comfortably. You are a inspiration. Thanks
    Pam