Reflection Travel

Bye Bye

Dear Oklahoma,

It has been a rough visit with everything going on in New York, and I’ll always love you because you’ll always feel like home to me. In many ways, you’re where I belong, but staying here would be giving myself less than I’ve always wanted. I would be selling myself short because I’ve always desired more than you can give, and I know that you wouldn’t want that for me.

You’re a beautiful state, and though I’ll miss you terribly I’ll think of you everyday and smile. I’ve experienced some beautiful things as well as painful things here throughout the years. But even recently, at my lowest point, I made memories that I’ll keep for years to come.

Don’t worry, my dear state. I’ll visit again even if not for a while because my roots are grounded here…and because part of my heart will always belong to you no matter where I go.

I have a life to rebuild in New York, and soon it will be time to get started. Wish me luck, will you Oklahoma? I don’t know what the future holds yet, but I do know that I have to take a chance. I have to fight for myself right now because it’s time to get real or get lost.

God bless my family and those that I love in this place, and bring me back again when the time is right. Until then….

Goodnight Oklahoma…

Love always,

Kenz

Sassy Sammie
    August 28, 2010 at 7:46 am

You've got one life to live so go live it in the place that offers the most opportunities for success and all the other good stuff life has to offer. Home is where the heart is and it sounds to me like OK will always be in your heart no matter where you physically reside. I'm happy to hear you're going back to NYC please just watch out for those damn bed bugs. Blech! Best of luck to you Kenz, the best is yet to come…believe it!

Shane G.
    August 28, 2010 at 10:01 am

I think you are headed in the right direction Kenz. Both geographically and in life. Just keep that compass out, they come in handy!

KellyNY
    August 28, 2010 at 11:22 am

Kenz, I think it's great you are so determined. It may take some time, but I have a feeling things will work out for you here in NY (I'm in Long Island.)

Mom
    August 28, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I love you and I want what is best for you; I know you have always been happy in New York, but if you see it is not different and the pain is too great. You always have a home in Louisiana to come back to. I know in my heart that you will be happy again even if it takes a few months to get settled all the pain will pass , I am proud of you for faces it head on. I am thankful for your friends who have never met you but are praying for you. As your mom I Know God has someone who deserves you, a beautiful woman inside and out, someone who helps others, talented and just a very nice sweet girl. I love you and I am praying for you. Tears are good; but the song says " Joy comes in the Morning". God says "Peace I give to you and peace I leave with you" Put your trust and faith in God and HE will supply your needs. Have a safe trip back to New York. Love you MOM

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    August 28, 2010 at 1:06 pm

that was so lovely, Kenz!

Anonymous
    August 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Please, please listen to your Mom. She has the right answer for you. Faith and trust in God is the answer. He will supply all your needs. He has promised and His Word is always true. Sandy in Belton Missouri

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit
    August 28, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Plus, there's the Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City. It's awesome!

Elizabeth.
    August 28, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Oh Kenz – we're rooting for you … love and hugs from me. <3

e.

Shelley
    August 28, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I agree. Time to get the hell out of Dodge, so to speak. Back to NYC where I am sure you have myriad of possibilities for creating a new life for yourself.

Kitten
    August 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Hey–I found your blog via Jodi's over at Moody Blue. I just wanted to say, I'm rooting for you, and you're a great source of support for me, now that I'm starting my own weight loss journey. Best of luck to you as you return home. 🙂

Patrick
    August 29, 2010 at 4:22 am

Safe travels!

Leah-lew
    August 29, 2010 at 4:32 am

You are cut from a different cloth, that is something to be proud of. Looking forward to seeing you in New York!