Feeling Strong and Enjoying Family

It’s been a great day today just as I had hoped it would be. My Texas relatives came in this afternoon, and I was able to workout at the YMCA again. When I started my weight-loss journey I couldn’t last much more than 30 seconds on the elliptical machine. Today my goal was to do 30 minutes, and I exceeded that with a lot of sweat and just a little effort.

I love how my body feels these days. My workouts feel much more intense than they did a year ago, but my energy level has increased astoundingly. After not working out last week I thought I might be tired when I got back into my routine earlier this week, but getting back into my routine has has the opposite effect. My heart loves working out, and my mind loves the clarity it finds at the gym. It is so clear that my body craves exercise!

The water challenge has been over for almost a week, but I’m still drinking at least 8 glasses per day. Today I’ve consumed almost 18 glasses, and it’s safe to say that I’ll have had at least 19 before bed.

Dad and I enjoyed dinner at Texas Roadhouse with a couple of our favorite family members, Tom and Linda. Have I mentioned how happy we are that they’re here? 🙂 Tomorrow we’re going to dig a pit so Tom can grill dinner for us. He doesn’t mess around when it comes to grilling! I haven’t taken any pictures with Tom yet (though I will tomorrow.) But trust me, you’d rather look at Linda. 🙂 Tom and Dad are sitting near me right now, and they agree. Ha…

I think it’s going to be a lovely weekend, and I’m looking forward to making memories that I’ll keep for years to come. I’ll be back to share those memories soon…Until then, drink water and enjoy your weekend!

Diz
    August 7, 2010 at 5:53 am

You look so beautiful and happy Kenz- I love your guts. Enjoy your time with your family- talk to you soon!!! xoxo

snoconegirl
    August 7, 2010 at 7:06 am

You look great..glad you got to workout….have fun tomorrow…grill me a steak…hehe hope to see you all Sunday ..loveyou lots..kelli

Heather A
    August 7, 2010 at 10:11 am

I love texas roadhouse!!! Sounds like a blast. I think I need a vacation! 🙂

Missa
    August 7, 2010 at 11:23 am

you should do commercials for those teeth whitening ads.. you have such a bright smile!! Love it.

Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

jenbythesea
    August 7, 2010 at 11:38 am

I so love reading your posts and seeing your smiling face. You're beautiful. I'm praying to catch your zeal for exercise. I'm not quite there yet. Still at the stage where most mornings I have to talk myself into going to the gym. But, this time I will not give up. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Shane G.
    August 7, 2010 at 11:39 am

Kenz I used to love those elliptical machines. I actually spent about 8 months on one getting in good enough shape to be able to run on a treadmill back in 2000 or 2001. When do you go back to NY?

Rhonda
    August 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm

That awesome…I'm not sure I could last 30 minutes on an elliptical. However, tomorrow is the day I run 20 minutes straight on c25K…eek…a little nervous.

Eliza
    August 7, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I love reading your blog and being inspired mainly because you smile so big through the process (love the pics!). You just reminded me that (1) I like to sweat too and (2) I can watch White Collar on the elliptical!

Thanks so much!!

JoAnn
    August 7, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Forget the teeth whitening ads. I was thinking you should be in an ad for your gym in NYC! You would get tons of new clients for them.

Becca
    August 7, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Happy Happy Girl!!! Been "watching" your vacation on FB and here! Glad it has been great!!

~Becca

Jill
    August 7, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Wow. It sounds like you're doing great and you look so happy! Great job! Keep it up!

seattlerunnergirl
    August 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

You are doing awesome! Great job working out while on vacation – keep it up! Out of curiosity, do you lift weights along with your cardio workouts?

Sean Anderson
    August 7, 2010 at 8:15 pm

You're totally rocking this entire journey–even during times of change, with the stress that can be a part of the transitions, you're still staying focused and driven. That's awesome, truly.
    I haven't had a drop of water since the challenge ended.

I'm SOOOOOOOO kidding. I'm not pulling "a Kenz" on the water, but I'm still drinking way more than I ever have at any other time in my life.

So–new challenge coming soon? We should talk—and seriously, since you're about 16 inches from me at this very moment…HI!!! (I just looked at you and smiled…then we touched each others finger)Anyway…

Uh—wow, that really looks mushy and somewhat inappropriate on the page…but this Panera coffee is making me that way…or maybe it's you. 😉 We rock. Just saying.

Keri
    August 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Family remains the most important thing.. no matter what happens in life, we always have the ones that love us… its our constant. They must be so proud of you Kenz… isn't it the greatest motivation!