Cardio Healthy Habits Inspiration Reflection weight loss Weight Watchers

One Day At A Time Started Today

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I felt hopeful all day, and I’m looking forward to getting some things figured out in the coming week.

I ate well today, drank a lot of water and exercised too. I tracked everything I ate, set goals for the week and starting accomplishing them. I just have to say that my Weight Watchers tracker makes me want to journal my food. It’s so easy. I can’t believe that it took me so long to remember how much I love writing everything down. I also noticed that I ate more fruits and veggies and drank more water because I enjoy filling in the boxes inside my tracker. 🙂

Earlier this evening I told Dad that I needed to have sushi. I eat sushi a few times per week when I’m at home, and I had not had it since I arrived in Oklahoma so we had sushi for dinner. Well, I had sushi and Dad had a beef dish. He’s not a fan of sushi, but he went because he knew I waned to go. It’s been nice spending one on one time with Dad…just saying.

Following dinner, I ate a junior frozen yogurt cone from Braum’s which was only 3 WW points and so satisfying. It’s amazing how much I can eat and still lose weight with a little planning.

Dad and I had lunch together today too. And I ate the first few bites of my salad before lunch quickly ended because I noticed a black bug on my fork. Dad watched me put my fork down. He examined the bug and said “you’re done, aren’t you?” Yep..I was definitely done. Ewe.

After “lunch” I headed to the YMCA and worked out for 40 minutes. I hit the elliptical hard and burned 400 calories while I was there. I plan to do the same tomorrow, but I’ll bring my swimsuit so I can swim laps as well.

I made my first pita pizza tonight after eating Sean‘s last week, and I have to pat myself on the back because it was incredible. The whole pizza, including the turkey pepperoni, was was only worth 4 WW points! It’s an excellent point value and definitely my new favorite snack/meal. The next one I make will have onions and mushrooms on it as well which will make it more filling without adding points. Don’t ask me why I put only 3 pieces of pepperoni on top when I placed 5 pieces under the cheese. That makes no sense. =)

As you can see, I felt more satisfied and focused overall today. Jill left a comment on my last post that really made me think about the importance of concentrating on the present. She said “I think that the key to success is to be in the present. You can’t change the things you’ve already done, but you do have the power to make good decisions right now.” Thanks friend – for reminding me that long-term success happens step by step.

I made good choices today, and I’m going to rest then do it again tomorrow because making those good choices one day at a time adds up to big success long-term. I’ve experienced a great deal of success so far, but I have a long way to go. And while the scenic route has been nice, I’m ready to start experiencing real progress again. Wish me luck please…

Shane G.
    August 13, 2010 at 10:37 am

Great post Kenz. I think that the fact that you veered only slightly off track and corrected quickly says alot about who you are. YOu are a strong, confident, smart and determined woman! Garsh, you pretty keen!

Tammy
    August 13, 2010 at 12:04 pm

All it takes is that ONE good day to get right back on track…good for you girl. I know today will be even better! 🙂

Vickie
    August 13, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Hi Kenz…I've been reading your blog for a week or so now but I don't think I've commented before. I'm also doing WW and I love your blog! Good job getting back on track!

Tammy
    August 13, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Love the remark about taking "the scenic route"! That describes what I've been doing pretty much all summer, and I'm ready to start losing again. Thanks for the reminder!

PS. Glad you are feeling better and are back on track!

PPS. I have some of those pitas and some turkey pepperoni, and I think a pizza in my weekend plans!

MB
    August 13, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Good luck!

But you don't really need luck. Like Dorothy in Oz, you've had the power all along. Put on your ruby slippers and click your heels together and you can do anything 😉

Deb Willbefree
    August 13, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Welcome back! I had no doubt that you'd regroup. 🙂 A huge life crisis would leave anyone dazed for a bit.

That's probably not even a bad thing–gives your psyche/emotions/brain a chance to recover, then brace itself before hitting the hard stuff, hard.

Ha. New York troubles had better get ready, cause you're gonna take care of business!

Deb

Amy
    August 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Kenz – I found your blog a few weeks ago…after rediscovering Sean's blog.

You've both truly inspired me to begin again…I've even started a weight loss blog…again.

Thank you…and wishing you luck. You'll see progress before you know it!

p.s. Glad you're enjoying your visit to Oklahoma. I live about 30 min. north of OKC. 🙂

Lucy K
    August 13, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Love the quote … I think I will write it on the front of my tracking journal. Great job on getting back on track. I have taken the "scenic" route for way too long, it's time for me to get focused and motivated. Thanks for the great post!

Jo
    August 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Gonna make me one of those pizzas…YUM!!

Kenz, I'm glad you're getting back on track. It's true that we have to take it one day at a time, but sometimes we get ahead of ourselves in our thoughts and plans.

Jill
    August 13, 2010 at 4:36 pm

It sounds like you're doing better. The thing I loved about reading this post is that you're celebrating your success. 🙂 I think it's hard to do the right things for ourselves if you don't congratulate yourself in the same way that you would if a friend had just done the same thing. (ie treating yourself with as much love and respect as you do the people around you) Keep up the good work. Things will get better. 🙂 *hugs*

Val
    August 13, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Glad to hear you had such a great day (minus the bug of course!)
    And I'm buying stuff for that pizza this weekend!

Tammy
    August 13, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Just wanted to say that I have the WW three month journal, and I write messages to myself at the top of the page. Today, your sentence about the scenic route is my motivational quote!

Sherry
    August 14, 2010 at 1:17 am

Do you have the e-tools? I seem to track better online than on paper – I am not sure why?!

I *love* pita pizzas too. I made them for myself and my kids last week and we all loved them!

Sherry

Lisa @No More Diet Drama
    August 14, 2010 at 2:16 am

Great job girl…glad you're back on "track" 🙂

I ate at Denny's 13 years ago…yep…13…fly on my food…I'll never eat there again. YUCK!

Me
    August 14, 2010 at 6:21 am

I wish you all the luck in the world Kenz!!! You will figure everything out and everything will work its way out. Just take it one day at a time . . . just like you said one choice at a time!!!!

Sib
    August 14, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Glad you're feeling better and back on track (*_*)

Elizabeth.
    August 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm

LUCK LUCK LUCK! 🙂 And I'm smiling at the thought of you in ruby slippers clicking them. 😛

hugs,