Birthday Wishes Healthy Living Lifestyle Weigh-In Weight Watchers

Birthday Wishes, Weigh-in Day and My New Favorite Snack

First, I want to say happy birthday to my amazing mother! Today is her birthday, and I wish I could be there with her. So Mom, just know that I miss you and love you and hope that you have a wonderful day today.

This is a picture of Mom, CJ and me during my last visit. It was one of my favorite days all summer, and it was an incredible day for both of us…

It’s weigh-in day again, and I’m ready to enjoy every minute of this day! I’m also ready to face the scale. I ate well and exercised this week, and while there’s always room for improvement, I feel pretty confident about the choices I’ve made over the last seven days. As always, I hope the scale is kind. More importantly, I hope it reflects the work I’ve done to better my body in the last several days.

Over the last several days I’ve tried cooking some new meals, and that has reminded me that it’s not hard to make healthy, filling meals that taste great.

I made spinach tortellini soup which was wonderful for these early fall days we’ve been having.

Pork chops and edamame may be an unlikely pair, but they’re delicious, easy to prepare and very filling. This might be my new favorite high protein meal.
Last night I made chicken with garlic, pepper and oregano with sauteed vegetable and tri-color pasta with garlic, oil and parmesan. Yum..This dish was extraordinarily low in sodium too! Score!

I did some grocery shopping Monday, and I found myself struggling with whether or not I should buy Ben & Jerry’s ice cream again. I love Ben & Jerry’s “Everything, but the” and “Cheesecake Brownie” and “Peanut Butter Cup”, but the calories and fat are out of control so it’s not something I eat regularly. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve had it in the freezer, and I’ve eaten 112 grams or less (one serving) each time. But I skipped Ben & Jerry’s and decided to try these new, single-serving Skinny Cow ice cream cups. Okay, I didn’t forget Ben & Jerry’s completely. I opted to try the frozen yogurt which is 4 WW points per serving. That’s twice as many as the Strawberry Cheesecake by Skinny Cow, but it might be amazing. We’ll see…

I know that Tammy has tried the Skinny Cow cups. Has anyone else tried them? What do you think? The strawberry cheesecake is incredible! Cookies and ‘N Cream was good, but it isn’t life-changing like the cheesecake. πŸ™‚ I haven’t tried caramel cone yet (which is 3 WW points,) but it sounds great. Yum…

I’ve been thinking about my love of food since I posted about comfort foods earlier this week, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll always like food. And it’s okay to satisfy cravings as long as I’m doing it in an healthy and responsible way.

My relationship with food has changed, and even when I eat foods I love I don’t eat them in excess. And that, in my opinion, is the formula for success. πŸ™‚ Send some skinny vibes my way today, will you? Thanks…

seattlerunnergirl
    September 23, 2010 at 4:11 am

Good luck at your WI today! I love food, too, and I think your approach to indulging in a reasonable, planned manner is EXACTLY what will allow you to maintain your healthy weight for life. Keep it up!

Midori Mighty Warrior
    September 23, 2010 at 4:15 am

You're doing wonderful – keep up the good work πŸ™‚ I'll have to give the Skinny Cow cups a try – especially if they come in single servings!

Cassie
    September 23, 2010 at 7:14 am

Ice cream is my biggest weakness, I haven't seen the skinny cow containers out my way, I'll have to be on the lookout of them now!

MOM
    September 23, 2010 at 9:09 am

Thank you for the wishes; I love you too. It is always better when my girls are with me, but when they grow up it is not always possible. Have a wonderful day yourself. And call me when you get done with weighing in and tell me the good news. For all you bloggers I am 59 years young today! Glad to be here and I have been blessed. Love you. MOM

Stephanie
    September 23, 2010 at 11:49 am

Happy Birthday to your Mom and good luck today! I LOVE those Skinny Cow ice cream cups. The Chocolate Brownie is my favorite. I can't buy too many at a time or else I eat them all in one day. LOL

Tammy
    September 23, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Hoping the scale reflects all the effort you put in this week! πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    September 23, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Wish I could look forward to weigh in today at Topps. I will recieve exactly what I put in this week!!! Sandy in Belton

kristi
    September 23, 2010 at 1:15 pm

It's my Mom's bday today and hubby and my anniversary!

Heather B.
    September 23, 2010 at 1:24 pm

OMG! The Ben & Jerry's FroYo you got is my absolute favorite! It does taste a little different than the ice cream one but once you ahve had it a few times it is hard to tell the difference!!!!! Happy Birthday to your Mom and I can't wait to find out how your weigh-in goes!!! Good Luck!!! πŸ™‚

lootz
    September 23, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Ice cream is for sure my biggest downfall. Those skinny cow cups are terrific for your ice cream fix. The caramel cone is my fav…but I hate spending that extra point. The strawberry cheesecake is yummy too. The chocolate brownie is really good also.

Good luck on your weigh in! πŸ™‚ and happy birthday to mom!

Jill
    September 23, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Sounds like you've been doing really well! Ice cream is a hard temptation to deal with, I know. I live with my mom and we very very rarely have it in the house, but my boyfriend and I buy it, and it lives at his house, which works well most of the time! Best of luck at your weigh in tonight.

MackIam
    September 23, 2010 at 2:01 pm

that soup looks gooooood… how did you make it?

Superwoman Spirit
    September 23, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Happy Birthday to Mama Kenz!!! I love the picture of you 3 so cute πŸ™‚
    Every time I read a blog that follows WW I want to go back. I don't care what anyone says it seems to be what works and I mean really works. You can live a normal life learn how to eat properly and ENJOY. One of those factors is always missing with everything else.
    LOL I sound like a spokesman and I am not even on the program!
    You look beautiful and I look forward to getting back into following my favorite bloggers and you are certainly one of them! Sending out good weigh in vibes right now!!!!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    September 23, 2010 at 2:43 pm

i love that you are a real-world girl who eats real, good food (and loses weight doing so)!

jennykate77
    September 23, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Your dinners look so delicious and healthy!!! I think I need to try that spinach tortellini soup!! YUM! I also think the pork chops w/ edamame sounds GOOD!! Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

Annaleah
    September 23, 2010 at 2:58 pm

The Skinny Cow cups are ok, but my personal favorite is their Ice Cream cones!!! I love the crunch of the cone. I saw calories for one of those on plenty of nights!

Anonymous
    September 23, 2010 at 5:02 pm

You are truly an amazing, inspiring person. You have a lot to be proud of. I want to be more like you! -A new fan

Michele
    September 23, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I, too, love Ben and Jerry's. Thanks to you for suggesting some OTHER less unhealthy ice cream treats for us to enjoy. Thanks for all the great pictures. And Happy BD to your mom!!

Annie
    September 24, 2010 at 12:19 am

I love the brownie skinny cow cups! Yum-O!!!

Steelers6
    September 24, 2010 at 12:28 am

Happy Birthday, Mom! I was thinking "you look young, wonder how old you are"..and then you shock me by breaking that unwritten female rule of not revealing one's age… πŸ™‚

Me want Spinach Tortellini soup. Can you share the recipe, or if none, then just tell me how to make it!

I buy those little ic cups too, mostly for my daughter. I know it costs more that way, but the added expense is worth it to me for the built in portion control. Otherwise, a 'serving' could be quite large.

Almost every single week you show a loss of lbs, so I'm fairly confident.
    Chrissy

September 23, 2010
    Add profile picture

Brittany
    September 24, 2010 at 2:04 am

I've heard great things about skinny cow!

Do you think you could send me your recipe for cooking the chicken: brittany [dot] taires [at] gmail [dot] com

jay
    September 24, 2010 at 2:49 am

Yum, Kenz, pork chops and edamame is a staple in our house, we love it and eat it often! It all looks great! Thanks for the ideas πŸ™‚ j

Zepherine
    September 24, 2010 at 4:38 am

To me the Caramel Cone is the best. The cone pieces stay crunchy. Awesome!!

*Whitney*
    September 24, 2010 at 2:23 pm

I love those little Skinny Cow ice cream cups! So good! My favorites are the Cookies 'N' Cream and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie (or something to that extent). Love me some ice cream!

Mary A
    September 25, 2010 at 9:29 am

Good luck with the weigh-in, and thanks for sharing the pictures

marisol
    September 27, 2010 at 3:24 am

I just found your blog while looking for some motivation for weight loss. I am getting back on the WW for the ?? time. I am gonna have to try these Skinny Cow treats.

Candace
    January 18, 2011 at 3:36 am

I love Ben & Jerrys… Haven't tried Skinny Cow. I've found that when I have a craving if I eat around it, I end up eating more and being less satisfied. If I really want Ben and Jerry's and I have the points saved for it, I'll splurge and be more happy with a few bites than I would have a whole bowl of something else.