Friend Makin' Mondays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Favorite Weekend Moment

Weekends always seem to end too quickly, and that was definitely the case for me this weekend. I had one of the best long weekends I’ve had in recent memory which leads me to this week’s FMM topic. What was your favorite moment this weekend?

If you want to join the fun all you have to do is copy this post to your own blog and share your own answers then take a few minutes to check out FMM posts by other bloggers. You can add your link at the bottom of this post which makes it easy for new readers to discover your blog!

FMM: My Favorite Weekend Moment

It’s hard to choose just one favorite moment from the weekend, but I’ll say that my favorite part of the weekend was yesterday. I indulged in what was the best cupcake I’ve ever eaten in my life. Actually, I had two cupcakes.

I went to a local cupcake, wine and beer bar called Sweet Revenge (you may have heard about on a Chase Ink commercial,) and it did not disappoint! At Sweet Revenge, they pair international cupcakes with beer and wine which makes for a unique experience.

Clark, the boy man who was sweet enough to go to Sweet Revenge with me tried the Malaysian Coconut cupcake while I tried their signature cupcake, Sweet Revenge. Mine was a peanut butter cupcake with a chocolate gonache filling and peanut butter frosting. And Clark’s was coconut with coconut butter cream frosting.

Clark shared a bite of his coconut heaven so I enjoyed one myself late last night…
And this is my peanut butter heaven…I shared too. Just saying.

We went to the cupcake, beer and wine bar after seeing Wicked on Broadway and before going to Megu, a sensational Japanese restaurant in Tribeca. And before we left Sweet Revenge, Clark suggested that we go back after our late dinner so we did. We indulged in cupcakes again.

Clark’s second cupcake was called “Dirty.” Oh dear…it was way too much chocolate for me, but he loved it.

Obviously, I don’t think it’s a good idea to do this on a regular basis, but it was incredible. I enjoyed the environment, the cupcakes and the company…and I’m already looking forward to our next visit to Sweet Revenge. I might even try to convince a few friends to join us.

What was the best part of your weekend? Don’t forget to leave a link to your own FMM post too!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    September 27, 2010 at 5:23 am

Mmmm…those cupcakes look good! Did you like Wicked? (I saw it in Chicago a couple of years ago – sensational!)

Was Sweet Reenge on the Today show recently? I think I saw a blurb about it.

Your weekend sounds great!

Lanie Painie
    September 27, 2010 at 10:17 am

I can't believe WICKED wasn't your favorite, but junk food was. lol. Oh wait, yes I can! I'll have to think about th is and post later on. Thanks for the inspiration (on the blog post, not eating this time)

Stephanie
    September 27, 2010 at 12:03 pm

My favorite weekend moment was definitely my new nephew being born on Friday afternoon. 🙂

Tanya
    September 27, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Those cupcakes look GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! And I've always wanted to see Wicked as well- It's been getting fab reviews!

Happy Monday 🙂

Shawn
    September 27, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My mouth is now watering for a signature Sweet Revenge cupcake…thanks a lot!

I have still not seen Wicked. I think I'm the only one…such a loser!

Betty
    September 27, 2010 at 1:14 pm

So enjoy this while you can, because at my age if I ate like that it would be a definate gain, even if I starved myself the rest of the week. I can take a bite or two, but one sweet roll and I have a gain. It is no fun getting older for more reasons than that. My niece can eat like that and still lose as well, its depressing for me but I just can't dwell on it. My highlight this weekend was our football game:) it was the lowlight too:(

Trudy
    September 27, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Oh my! I'll have to write that place in my memory bank…how fabulous! Looks delicious and what a wild idea…who woulda thunk?

Deb
    September 27, 2010 at 2:31 pm

My favourite part of my weekend was the moment I started running and realized that I could actually breath. (I had been sick with a nasty cold and didn't know how much it would affect my ability to run.)

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    September 27, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Betty, Oh dear…I didn't eat every bite of every cupcake. hehe I don't know who could lose weight doing that. But I did enjoy some of it. My trick is to remember that the next bite will taste the same. That's all. 🙂 And I ate more than enough even without consuming every bite. LOL

Superwoman Spirit
    September 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Oh wow those look so delicious! What a fun weekend 🙂 I agree it is not something you want to do all of the time but every now and again it is sure alot of fun!

jd6405
    September 27, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Sounds like it was a fun weekend and oh so yummy!!! TFS!

Vic
    September 27, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Ohh wow Kenz those cupcakes are amazing.. but as you said, a once in a while thing.

Veems
    September 28, 2010 at 2:10 am

Thank you for Friend Makin' Mondays. The pictures of the cupcakes made me smile; I love cake. But I had such a great low glycemic and therefore, no hunger or craving weekend and day today that I was just overwhelmed with gratitude. I thought I would never find my way back, but I did.

Smiling is Good for your Teeth
    September 28, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I loved this! Thank you! And I am a new follower of your blog! I look forward to hearing from you and vice versa!

Steelers6
    September 29, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Oh wow. My weight was really good thismorning…(for me) Good thing SweetRevenge isn't close by…….Ooooo Thanks a lot, Kenz! haha

Didn't find the info on website, but was curious how much one of these heavenly goodies costs? They look fabulous.
    Chrissy