Beauty Friend Makin' Mondays Friends Hobbies

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Five Little Questions

It’s Monday again, and I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I’m excited to be hosting FMM so I hope you’re ready to get involved. If you want to join the fun all you have to do is copy this post to your own blog and share your own answers then take a few minutes to check out FMM posts by other bloggers. You can add your link at the bottom of this post.

Five Little Questions

1) What was the most enjoyable part of your weekend? I spent the day with my NYBFF yesterday which always makes me happy. We attended the Oysterfest on the Long Island Sound in Norwalk, CT. We ate lobster and other tasty treats and watched Wang Chung perform live followed by 10,000 Maniacs. It was so cold that we had to stand up and dance, but that’s what we do so it worked out well. ๐Ÿ™‚

I ate lobster and we both ate a little of this blooming onion while my bestie enjoyed stuffed clams.

I cracked the lobster claws like a champ. I think my family would be proud. ๐Ÿ™‚

2) List two or three material possessions that you can’t live without: In the last few months I’ve learned that I don’t need a lot of the things I thought I needed to be happy. But I still can’t imagine not having my cell phone and laptop. These things are my connection to the world and the people I love who are far away. They keep me connected. Just saying.

3) Which day are you looking forward to most in the coming week? I love Thursdays because I look forward to weighing in then going out with friends. And now that college football has started I love Saturdays too.

4) Share one of your most embarrassing stories…It happened in January of 2009, a few months before I began my weight-loss journey. I’ve shared it a few times on my blog, but it’s still the most embarrassing moment so I’ll share it again now.

“I suppose the easiest embarrassment I can recall was last January. (I posted about it, briefly, here.) I was just outside of the New York Public Library, it was bitterly cold outside. My friend, Mike, and I were walking down Fifth Avenue, and he said “Kenz, you must be freezing! Button your coat!” But I couldn’t do it. It was so tight that I could not keep the wind out even with a heavy scarf so as tears filled my eyes, I shrugged it off and continued walking down the street.

This coat is way too big now. Just saying.

But Mike pressed the issue again before realizing that tears were welling up in my eyes, and I had to admit that I had no choice because I could not actually button my coat. He began apologizing profusely. I could tell, at least at that moment, that his heart was breaking for me a little. He dropped the subject immediately, and we continued walking.
While I tried to hide my utter embarrassment, I couldn’t imagine feeling worse than I did at that moment. I was with my friend – who could pose as a model in a Brooks Bros. catalog – feeling awful about myself. But it was only a few months later that I began to change. A healthy lifestyle became my lifestyle…”

5) List three of your “must-read” blogs and tell us why we should read them too!

1. Shane’s blog, Losing It For The Family, is one of my current favorites. This guy is enjoying his personal journey to a healthier life. Happiness is oozing out of him even on days that aren’t easy. You should definitely follow him if you’re not.

2. Jen’s blog, Tatertots and Jello, is full of beautiful crafty projects. And she breaks them down step-by-step so we can be crafty too. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Sara’s blog, Bombshell Beauty, speaks for itself. She’s beautiful and stylish, and she writes one of the first blogs I ever read regularly.

If you want to see a whole list of fantastic blogs, just check out the sidebar on my blog. If you see a blog there then it’s worth reading. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now it’s your turn to get involved and answers these questions. You can answer them here or in your own post. Just be sure to share a link so everyone can see it. Have a good week friends!

Note: When adding your blog’s url, please be sure to include a direct link to your FMM post so you can receive comments from new and old blogging friends as well!

Shane G.
    September 13, 2010 at 10:21 am

awww I am so grateful for the kins words Kenz! You are so awesome!

I think I have seen that picture of you in the coat before, but it really struck me today! Holy cow, you have come a loooong way baby! I wish I had your love for exercise gene.

trooppetrie
    September 13, 2010 at 11:04 am

thanks for hosting the link up, Do you have a button I can attach to my post

Anonymous
    September 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Kenz, how is the weight loss going? You didn't do an update last Thursday. Are you still swimming? sweating?

Steelers6
    September 13, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Just had to say – you look splendid in the "enjoyin' my lobster" picture!

Have a super week.
    Chrissy

Trudy
    September 13, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Hey Kenz, so fun to see you hosting this now. I hope my comments start to get through better though!

The lobster looks fantastic! Great picture too.

Have a blessed day!

shortmama
    September 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Oh yum now I want lobster!!

Jenn
    September 13, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Looking forward to "getting to know you" through this meme! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also…just so you know…you can totally see the difference between your "coat" picture and the picture of you eating lobster! Looks like your good choices are making a difference! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tammy
    September 13, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Dude….seafood is my all-time FAVE food…you are KILLING me with that lobster!!! lol Thank God I didn't have to see you dip it in drawn butter, lmao. Glad you had a good weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

AndreaLeigh
    September 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I've only had lobster once or twice. Your pics make it look so yummy! Maybe I should try it again.

Excited to be participating in FFM. Just a request ๐Ÿ™‚ Is it possible to post on Sunday night? I like participating but if it is posted on Monday I usually have to skip out because I'm at work. If it goes up on Sunday I can write my post on Sunday night and schedule for Monday.

just a thought! I know you are busy.

โ™ฅ Shrinking Kenz โ™ฅ
    September 13, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Shane, the love for exercise comes and goes..As you can see from my workout log, I'm looking for it again. I WILL workout today…thanks for the encouragement my friend!

Katie Lane
    September 13, 2010 at 7:28 pm

So happy to have found FMM again. Thanks for hosting it! Unfortunately I can totally relate to the jacket story but fortunately I can also relate to the 'it's way too big now' story too. Yay for working towards goals and making progress.

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop!
    September 13, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Thanks for hosting! I am new to FMM. Love hearing about your journey towards a healthier you!

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop!
    September 13, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Erin D.
    September 13, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I love your blog… So inspiring.

Val
    September 14, 2010 at 1:05 am

It's so cool to see your progress from the coat pics. SO inspirational!!

Momma of Three {Kenna}
    September 14, 2010 at 2:48 am

Hi, I am a new follower from Friend Makin Monday! I look forward in readin your blog!

Momma of Three {Kenna}
    September 14, 2010 at 2:48 am

Marie
    September 14, 2010 at 3:31 am

Glad you are doing FMM! That lobster looks good and I don't even like seafood.

Eileen
    September 14, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Kenz, you have the most beautiful hands! You should be a hand model! (Your smile is beautiful, too).