Food Healthy Living Weigh-In weight loss Weight Watchers

Lucky…? Maybe…?

When I stepped on the scale tonight I was mentally prepared to see my weight stay the same or worse, but instead I saw a loss of 2.4 pounds taking me to a total of 112 pounds lost. Yay! I’m not sure if it was the manifestation of an evolution of better choices over time or luck. I certainly didn’t make the best choices, but looking back I did workout four times. And overeating is no longer one of my habits. Either way, I’ve been back in the groove since Tuesday, and I’m already looking forward to seeing the results of my efforts in the coming week.

I was eating a grape after my weigh-in and before my meeting…yum..

Today was a good day all-around. I had a meeting that I may share more about in the coming days then I went to my WW meeting which is always one of my favorite parts of the week. Following that I had dinner with my girlfriends then visited my precious dog, Sadie and picked up a few jackets at my former home because it’s getting chilly at night.

We were gross from being out in the rain, but I love us anyway…

Several of you have asked about her in comments and in e-mails so I should tell you that my ex-boyfriend is keeping her. We both love her, and she’s at home at his house. They felt like my family so while it’s painfully difficult not to snuggle with her every night, I do realize that she’ll be happy there with him. Is it fair? No..not at all. Do I like it? No…not at all. But it’s much easier knowing that she will always be cared for and loved by him. I cuddled with her for a while tonight, and she seems perfectly happy and adjusted which makes me feel better about it. But she is in serious need of a haircut! She looks like a fluffy, adorable bear and not a cocker spaniel. Hehe We took a picture together after being out in the rain, and though I look awful in it I’ll still treasure it.

I also started gathering food tonight for the Lose For Good donation that I’ll make next week. Next Thursday I’m going to do my small part by donating 112 pounds of food at my meeting. It’s amazing to think that I carried that much extra weight on my body not long ago. I’m still carrying extra weight, but I think it will be nearly impossible for me to carry the 112 that I’ve lost so far without risking injury. Luckily, I’ll have a strong set of willing arms here to help me carry the food next week. I’ll definitely need that. 🙂

The next several days should provide a lot of answers related to my well-being, my future, etc. And I’m so ready for those answers. I’m pretty excited about a lot of things that will happen in the coming week. It’s been a long road, but I’m healing friends…I’m moving forward to embracing the changes that terrified me only a few weeks ago. And I’m losing weight.

I’ve never been so confident in my ability to reach my goals – all of them. And though things are not quite easy yet, I’m thankful for the wonderful things that are happening in my life right now too. I feel safe, and my heart feels happy…and on that note, it’s time to dream…

Goodnight Friends….

Maria
    September 17, 2010 at 6:43 am

Ok, that was weird. I think I was asking about your dog just as you were posting this. Sadie is such a beautiful dog, but I understand your reasons for having to leave her. At least she will be in a home she already knows.

BTW, congrats on losing more weight, that's awesome and it's definitely a start of more positives things to come.

Jill
    September 17, 2010 at 7:34 am

Look at you Kenz you are doing amazing things, I think you are coming along so well. Welldone not giving up . I like seeing your smile Jillxx

September 17, 2010 at 9:28 am

Way to go on the weight loss. I'm so glad that you got to see Sadie. It appears that you know in your heart she will be happy with your ex. It must be heartbreaking leaving her though. I hope everything goes well in the next few days with your answers to your life.

Janna
    September 17, 2010 at 9:39 am

2.4 lbs! That's awesome, Kenz! Definately moving forward 🙂

jen
    September 17, 2010 at 10:04 am

Kenz,
    I'm so happy for you in your weight loss this week. It's always so wonderful to lose weight when you're convinced you didn't do well. The scale does not lie! It's so good to see you in a much happier place mentally and emotionally. I look forward to reading about the upcoming changes in your life. Keep strong!

Shane G.
    September 17, 2010 at 10:12 am

I don't wanna say I called it, but……

Tammy
    September 17, 2010 at 11:08 am

I'm so happy about your weight loss, but mostly for your change in attitude about your new possibilities! It's wonderful that things are looking up for you in all aspects of your life! Continued best wishes!

Stephanie
    September 17, 2010 at 11:18 am

Congrats on that loss! That's awesome!

KellyNY
    September 17, 2010 at 11:28 am

Kenz, what a fantastic WI! Don't you just love surprises like that? And Sadie is just adorable. I'm glad she's in a home where she's being taken great care of.

MsGigglepuss
    September 17, 2010 at 11:40 am

WTG on your loss this week! I am happy to hear that things are looking up and can't wait to learn more about your new opportunities.

Totally unrelated, but I love your glasses! T5hey match your outfit so well. I have a pair in purple that are somewhat similar.

Annie
    September 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Great weigh-in! Congrats!! 🙂

maranda
    September 17, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Don't you just love it when the scales surprises you with a lose you wasn't expecting. Glad to see that beautiful smile of yours today. Hope things continue to improve for you.

zedramaqueen
    September 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I think it's great that you are able to visit Sadie. Some ex-significant others wouldn't be able to put their "fur child" first. Not so with you two! And congratulations on a friendly visit with the scale as well!

Jill
    September 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Woo! Keep it up!

Slimming Down for the Gown
    September 17, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Congrats on the loss!!! Sadie is very adorable 🙂

Erin D.
    September 17, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Congrats on the loss, and congrats on the changes. It's always GOOD.

SeattleRunnerGirl
    September 17, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Congratulations on the loss! And good for you for making the best decision for your baby (Sadie). That's SOOOO hard but also super important. Keep up the amazing work, and I can't wait to hear what the next steps are going to look like for you!

Ginger aka Gidget
    September 17, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Such an awesome weight loss! I'd give anything for that right now. 🙂

NAN
    September 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Kenzie, glad to see you so happy! I enjoy reading your odyssey but don't comment- I'm a fixer by nature and you can fix yourself so CONGRATULATIONS.

Tammy
    September 17, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I would have to kill Dwayne before I'd let him have Scarlette…even if that meant my baby Scarlette had to live in my car with me…just saying. 😉

Seriously….I'm glad you got to see your baby…I hope you're allowed to see her as often as you want to…that would make it much easier.

Congrats on the 2 lbs down, too! I've found that even when I'm "screwing up" or not fully on track…there are still some healthy habits that I've established and that I naturally follow. For instance, the lite mayo in my frig. If I stray, I don't automatically make a trip to the grocery store to buy full fat mayo, you know what I mean? Have a fabulous weekend girl! 🙂

Steelers6
    September 17, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Aww, glad you got some Sadie cuddles. Funny, you probably felt gross from the rain, but you don't look rained upon AT ALL. Was she all excited to see you? Glad it was a good day all around. 🙂

One hundred and twelve pounds. Kenz! Wow. Great job. And kind of ironic in a way, isn't it, that you will need a team of ppl to help you carry 112 lbs into your meeting. It kind of boggles my mind in a way when the contestants on The Biggest Loser have to wear their lost weight amount in a suit w/weights, or backpack or whatever.

Wow, it makes my heart light and happy to read your conclusion to this post. I am so proud of you for sticking with your WL goal as much as you did through the tough times.
    Glad some answers are imminent.
    Chrissy

Suzanne
    September 17, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Congrats on the loss. It is amazing and inspiring.

Just Me
    September 17, 2010 at 10:22 pm

WTG Kenz!!! As Suzanne says…you are amazing and inspiring.

Shawn
    September 18, 2010 at 2:27 am

Way to go! You are soon going to be leading a WW meeting of your own and inspiring others the way have been inspired!

I love Sadie, my first dog married was Rufus, a buff Cocker Spaniel, I miss him terribly! For those that don;t have children dogs fill the gap. FOr you to love her enough to recognize what is best for her is true selfless love

Keep up the good work…on all fronts!

Steph
    September 18, 2010 at 5:16 am

You Rock!!!!

Mary A
    September 18, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I have been reading your blog for some time now, and youare an inspiration, Congrat. on the loss, you made your own luck 🙂

Jo
    September 18, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Congrats on the loss, and I'm so glad you can see your Sadie. You have made a good decision for her to stay where she is familiar.

I'm glad things are looking up for you. Long road, eh?

Crystal
    September 19, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I just found your blog. You are gorgeous! And what a cute dog. Congrats on your loss.

Genie @ Diet of 51
    September 19, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Hi Kenz,

Good job getting back on track. Nobody, and I say this with great admiration, NOBODY can make a grape look as delicious as you!

Please contact the Grape Growers Coop of America or whoever and send them that photo. You might be in line for a PR job.

Thanks for the update on Sadie! I always worry about "the dog". If a dog appears in a movie, then is not seen again, "where is the dog?" goes through my mind. It's either the animal lover in me, or a strange voice in my head.

I'm sure you miss her terribly, but there are many good things to know about her having a safe, loving home.

OK, tell us about the meeting when you can.

Over and out. Have a great week!

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    September 20, 2010 at 1:06 am

Tammy – I'm sure you would totally strangle Dwayne! Ha…I don't want to strangle my ex bf though..he'll love the dog forever…of course, I will too..

And Genie, seriously…the grapes were delicious.

Val
    September 20, 2010 at 3:58 am

Cute pics! My sis has a cocker spaniel-they are too precious.

WTG on the loss!! 112 pounds-what a feeling!

::kacy::
    September 21, 2010 at 3:28 am

congrats on the weight loss!!! and also our doggies have the same name!!! 😀