Mind Control

It’s easy to let my emotions get the best of me, but today was much better than yesterday. My situation is the same, but being with my friends has been incredible. And today, I feel happy that I’m back in New York.

I ran into someone today who knows me and my situation very well. He and his wife are two wise and loving people that I greatly admire, and as soon as I saw him tears came streaming down my face. But those tears were not only a product of sadness…they were also tears of comfort. I didn’t have to say anything because he already knew, and after letting me cry he boldly expressed that he knows things will work out. Today, I found a little hope.

My morning started at the crack of dawn (okay, more like 8am, but that’s practically the same, isn’t it? hehe) My friend and I brought her car in to be serviced, but instead of waiting an hour we had to wait all morning and afternoon. And $1,700 later her car was back in working order.

During our hours on foot we ate breakfast, got a manicure/pedicure then tried on clothes and many pairs of boots. Note to self: try on boots before getting a mani/pedi. 🙂 Speaking of boots, I had an incredible experience today. My friend and I both tried on knee-high boots, and they fit! I was able to zip them and walk around feeling like a normal girl. 😉

I didn’t buy the boots (even though they were 70% off.) I don’t want brown boots, but I do want gray boots. I found an amazing pair of those too. I’m sure I’ll own them by fall. 😉

I love wearing heels that I wouldn’t have been able to wear a year ago. Losing weight has been great for so many reasons, but the difference in my body’s balance is easily the most significant physical difference.

If you’ve never been an overweight girl who loves fashion then you may not be able to fully understand why wearing knee-high boots was such a victorious moment, but believe me when I say that it was an incredible feeling. My body is changing, and on days like today it’s undeniable.

I was supposed to be in Las Vegas this weekend with some people that I love very much, but I wasn’t able to be there. I miss them and long to be there, but I can’t do anything to change my situation right now so I intend to have a little fun tomorrow anyway. 😉

Yesterday was hard, and today wasn’t easy. But today was easier than yesterday. There may be some unpleasant days ahead, but I realize that there will be good ones too. I choose to believe that because it’s true and because I know that my attitude greatly affects my daily outcome. And by focusing on the positives – more importantly, not focusing on the negatives, I’m able to control the outcome of my day.

It’s late, I’m ready to sleep and hope to have happy dreams…I hope you all enjoy your weekend! Good night friends…xo

kathiej
    September 4, 2010 at 11:25 am

Cant wait to wear knee high boots again….. I understand 🙂

Debbie
    September 4, 2010 at 11:44 am

Wow to be able to put on a pair of boots and have them fit over my calves would be great. I love the brown boots.. Way to go..

Shane G.
    September 4, 2010 at 12:18 pm

oh Lord, you girls and your shoe shopping. I take like 10 minutes and then I leave with the shoes I want. the end.

I think that having a better day is something to keep building on. Just keep expecting better days each day and it will happen for you. Just be sure to KNOW it was a better day.

Tammy
    September 4, 2010 at 12:59 pm

I have the same problem with boots. I found a pair of black ones on sale that will zip! It said that they were the "wide-calf" kind, but they aren't as generous as the ones I've had before. I think I still need to have the shaft stretched a little before boot-wearing weather gets here!

So glad you had a day that lifted your spirits! I'm sure there are more to come!

MB
    September 4, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I remember how disappointed I was when my favorite pair of boots wouldn't zipper because my calves got too big. Time to dig out those boots and get them ready for fall.

I hope things work themselves out soon. Keep smiling even if you don't feel like it.

Jill
    September 4, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Knee high boots over jeans is one of my dream outfits, actually to learn to walk in heals aswell, I unfortuantely have a reather long and wide foot, makes it difficult for shoes.I Hope in your days a head you will have time to stop and smile. Jill

Anonymous
    September 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I have wide calves and can't find knee high boots that zip, so I understand your joy! Even though you didn't buy them they are really cute.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better about being back in NY. My company sold two of our New York divisions and moved the rest of the business, including me, to the parent office in Kansas. I really miss NY and would love to find my way back soon. I'm greatful to have a job, but I miss the bustle of the Big Apple!

Peg

Lisa @No More Diet Drama
    September 4, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Oh girl…do I ever understand what wearing knee high boots would feel like!!! That is awesome.

You are working through this "issue" and will be so much stronger on the other side.

I'm very proud of you 🙂

Val
    September 5, 2010 at 4:03 am

Cuuuute boots!! What a great NSV 🙂

Keep moving forward. Your positivity is inspiring 😀

Patrick
    September 5, 2010 at 4:04 am

Wearing boot you want, but haven't been able to, that is a unique NSV; good for you!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    September 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I do understand the boot thing!!! It's big when your calves are small enough to zip de boots! YAY!!!

GO, KENZ! Those boots are made for walkin'!! Balance your life and move forward!

Christina
    September 5, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I nominated you for a blog award. Stop by my blog to pick it up.

Christine
    September 7, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Atlantic City is not far away!!!

Christina
    September 9, 2010 at 12:23 am

hey i nominated you for a blog award! Check out my blog for details

camilyn
    September 24, 2010 at 10:49 am

Hi,

You've a really great blog. A lot of people don't understand what mind power can do to one's achievements Start off directing the amazing power within your mind and subconscious mind to create the existence you choose with our Mind Power training technique. Get the Free Mp3, E-Course and CD currently and begin directing the power of the mind and subconscious mind to generate the lifestyle you choose – in 7-simple methods.