My Long-Awaited Journey To Pop-Tart World

After several weeks of anticipation I finally went to Pop-tarts World in Times Square. I love pop-tarts so I was more than a little excited and intrigued when I heard about the store’s opening over the summer. I’m not exaggerating when I say that I talked about going all day the morning I learned that it had opened.

So it was a little disappointing to get there and see that it was completely lame. Ha! I am so glad I went, but it was not nearly as exciting as M&M World or the Hershey store. Clark, who graciously accompanied me – and even tried pop-tart sushi with me – agreed that it left a lot to be desired. For the record, it doesn’t contain fish. We had a great time doing something silly, and now I know that pop-tart sushi will not be a required staple in my life. Ha…

It looks kind of disgusting, doesn’t it? It’s minced pop-tarts wrapped in fruit roll-ups.

I was so excited to taste the “sushi…”

Correction: I was excited until I tasted it! Ha..
The coolest part of Pop-tart World was the wallpaper in the bathroom. Just saying.

Clarky and I had a great time, and my curiosity was satisfied. It was fun to walk around Times Square looking for it, and any guy who isn’t too cool to randomly roam around Times Square with me is awesome in my book.

Would you visit Pop-tart World? Would try pop-tart sushi?

Deb Willbefree
    September 28, 2010 at 4:19 am

Haha. Toooo funny. I'm glad you're having fun.
    🙂 Deb

Jill
    September 28, 2010 at 4:36 am

OMG! I had no idea such a thing existed!! Sounds like fun, even if it was lame! I love the before and after of you eating the pop tart sushi. I would probably have tried it too!

Val
    September 28, 2010 at 4:42 am

Oh my that 'sushi' looks funky! But yes I would try it-I lurve poptarts!!
    Too bad it was lame. . . it's still a good story! 🙂

Christina
    September 28, 2010 at 6:07 am

that place looks super cool to bad it was a bummer!! I have never been to any places like that. Glad you had fun!!

msgigglepuss
    September 28, 2010 at 6:45 am

Ewww pop-tart sushi? Seriously? I shall never try that but I may visit the place when up in NYC again.Of course, my only purpose going would to prove that it exists, much like my Museum ofSex outing.

Traveliztera
    September 28, 2010 at 7:49 am

LOL at your reaction! hahahaha! Excitement fail. HAHAHA

The Monkey and Me
    September 28, 2010 at 10:18 am

more on this Clark friend – seriously

Shane G.
    September 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

umm I love your enthusiasm for Pop Tart World, but I can't pretend to understand it!!! And I am pretty sure that I would never have tried the sushi ones! You are a brave brave soul my Kenz!!!!

Tammy
    September 28, 2010 at 11:49 am

Blech! lol I'm not a pop tart girl….and I like my sushi deep-fried and dipped in tartar sauce 😉

zedramaqueen
    September 28, 2010 at 11:56 am

Of course I'd try Pop Tart Sushi! I enjoy Pop Tarts as well, although they are a terrible calorie value. Especially since there's no way I'm full after ONE (approx. 200 calories) so I end up eating 400 calories of practically no protein. Sigh…it's sad because they taste SO GOOD! Anyway, I digress…I'd love to go to PTW, particularly to check out the restroom, now that I've seen your photo!

Randi@kickingfat
    September 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm

When I went to NYC with my boys we say pop tart world and wanted to go in but somehow we missed it. It looked cool but M&M World won the battle.

Superwoman Spirit
    September 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm

No and No! LOL I can't believe there is a pop tart world that is funny! Glad you experienced it for the rest of us 🙂

Tammy
    September 28, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I love Pop-Tarts! My favorite is the chocolate with vanilla cream. I don't buy them often because they are pretty much a waste of WW points. I would not have tried the "sushi", but I'm glad you explained what it is made of! If I ever get to NYC, there are lots of other things I would want to see before Pop-Tart World — hello, Macy's!!!!!!

maranda
    September 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I'm glad you went to check it out. If I ever visit New York, I'm sure my hubby would love to go, but I'll pass on trying it.

nicole d.
    September 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Love your shirt! Very pretty 🙂
    I do love Pop-Tarts but I think I would pass on Pop-Tart World…but the wallpaper is nice.

Becca
    September 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I love kitschy stuff like that , but um, no pop tart sushi for me.

Love hearing about all your very fun experiences in NYC!!!

~Becca

AndreaLeigh
    September 28, 2010 at 5:35 pm

the sushi looks… not good. love your reaction! ha!

LDswims
    September 28, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Wow. Pop Tart World? What will they think of next! I probably would have gone if I'd been in the area (and who can't go to Times Square when in NYC?). But I don't think I would have tried the sushi. I used to love pop tarts but they lost their appeal about ten years ago for no explanable reason. Still baffles me, actually…

So glad you are having such a blast. Sounds like it's all been great!!!

Michele
    September 29, 2010 at 12:20 am

I have never been a fan of pop tarts -s so probably not for me. But, M & M world. Yes!!

Genie @ Diet of 51
    September 29, 2010 at 2:27 am

My son would love Pop Tart World! We will put it on our wish list for when we get to NY, which in itself is on our wish list.

That wallpaper is too fun!

Steelers6
    September 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm

What I want to know is if the whole place smelled delicious. ? I don't eat pop tarts anymore, & I think that toasted, they smell better than they taste.

Yes, that is very cool wallpaper. Likey.

Um, NO I would not try "pop tart sushi". Yuck. The best thing about THAT photo is how great YOU look! Wow. You are disappearing before our very eyes. And that is one cute top. [love your face after the bite. haha. That is my face before the bite too…]

Well, it's good I can say no to pop tarts, and good there aren't any in the house right now. I am catching up on your posts, and I have to say I am now really afraid to see what the next one is going to be about. Since I just went from cupcakes to pop tarts. haha
    Fondly, Chrissy