Right Now…

It has been almost a week since I stepped on the scale, and if I get what I deserve the scale will not be kind this week. I was up 0.2 pounds last week which doesn’t really seem like much to worry about, but I am upset with myself for not making the last several days better.

I know exactly what it takes to lose weight. I know how much I should eat and how much I should exercise, but I’m sorry to say that I haven’t done what I needed to do this week. That changes now.

For months, my blog has been a place in which I could share my ups and downs to regain focus and control. And it’s time for me to regain that control again. It’s time for me to workout even though I don’t feel like moving. It’s time to take my own advice.

We can assume, based on my performance in the last several days, that the scale will not show a loss on Thursday. And it would be easy to let that discourage me, but I refuse to let it. I refuse to fight myself like this. I’ve decided, on this Tuesday afternoon, to reclaim the success I’ve had so far. I’ve decided to change my lousy habits right now.

All summer I struggled to keep my head above water physically and emotionally, but I did. I haven’t lost a substantial amount of weight since reaching the 100 pounds milestone, but I’m ready to change that. And I know what I need to do to change that. Knowing that I’ve lost 110 pounds in an incredible feeling, but there’s more work to be done!

So tonight, before I rest my head, I will workout hard. I will sweat until I like it. And I’m confident that I’ll be reminded how much my body craves movement. I’ve said so many times that the days we don’t feel like exercising are the most important days to do it. I’ve let my workouts slip in the last two weeks. Sure, I’ve done a little walking, but my body requires more than that. I require more of myself than that.

This journey is far from over, and I’m in it for the long haul which means I can forget about yesterday and concentrate on today. I didn’t do as well as I could have done this summer, but that doesn’t have to be the end of my story. I have the mental and physical ability to move forward again starting now. And that’s what I’m going to do.

There’s no waiting until tomorrow morning to start fresh. And waiting until Monday just doesn’t work either. I’m going to reclaim the feeling of freedom and accomplishment right now. On that note, I’m off to workout…

kaitlin
    September 14, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for these words. I have been feeling the same lately. No matter how much I struggle, giving up is never an option. I was not looking forward to working out tonight, but after reading this, I know that tonight is a night I especially need to go.

totallytheturtle
    September 14, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I had the same thought as I tried to drag myself out of bed this morning, and it worked. My run was hard, but I was reminded of how great it makes me feel. Good for you for sticking with it, even when you don't want to! You truly are an inspiration!!

Jill
    September 14, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Thanks for the inspiration! I think we all need to remember that we can get back on the horse at ANY time, we just need to make that decision! You're wonderful!

Deb
    September 14, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks for the encouragement that I need, too…I've struggled since June to get the scale moving downward instead of staying in the same spot…gonna have to take the calories down…and the exercise up!!! You hang in there…100 lbs is an AMAZING accomplishment…don't you get down on yourself one bit!!!

JoAnn
    September 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Kenz, I've been waiting for a month (or more)to read these words from you. I'm looking forward to watching you successfully lose that next 100 lbs. You go get'em girl!!

Shawn
    September 14, 2010 at 11:15 pm

You are such an inspiration! I'm grumpy and have a headache, I know a good workout will cure both of those and with your encouragement I believe I'll pop a movie in the DVD player and hit the elliptical for 90 minutes as soon as my Mommy duties are done!

Thank you!

♥Amber Filkins♥
    September 15, 2010 at 12:08 am

GREAT advice girl! I'm so glad to see you so positive!

♥ you girl.

Me

jen
    September 15, 2010 at 12:21 am

Good for you, Kenz! I have to give myself that pep talk every now and then too. This afternoon I fell off the wagon and ate a couple of brownies. The old thoughts of "Well, you blew it there. Why not stop at McDonald's for dinner and an ice cream cone?" came drifting into my head. Thankfully, I did not give in to them. I will get up tomorrow morning and work out at the gym and forget all about those brownies.

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    September 15, 2010 at 12:26 am

Jen, congrats to you for not letting a disappointing moment turn into a disappointing week or month or year. 🙂 It takes courage to move forward which is why I had to give myself the same pep talk today.

I have to say though..when I was in Oklahoma I ate McDonald's ice cream cones regularly. They are an excellent calorie/point value! 🙂 Maybe you shouldn't eat it today, but it's a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth in general. 🙂

kristi
    September 15, 2010 at 12:56 am

Had a disappointing day but I ate good and exercised, and even got some mowing done!

Tammy
    September 15, 2010 at 1:23 am

So glad to hear you are focusing on weight loss again. I have pretty much stalled all summer – actually gained back some of my loss. I'm getting back on track. Exercise has been my nemesis. I bought the Shred DVD that you love, but I haven't opened it yet. Now, I have a cold and can barely breathe, so it will have to wait for a few days yet. Thanks for the wake-up call!

Tammy
    September 15, 2010 at 1:30 am

Kenz – I forgot to ask – do you usually weigh more than once a week at your WW meeting? I weigh myself every day, even though WW frowns on that. I can't help myself…..

Leah
    September 15, 2010 at 1:38 am

I was just looking at your progress pics – you have come a long way. That is awesome!

Your journey is inspiring. I am working out 7 days a week right now trying to lose some weight. It is so hard to stick with it for me, but I've been going every day for 3 weeks now…

I plan on joining in on FMM next week! 🙂

Stephanie
    September 15, 2010 at 1:42 am

Oh wow … I needed this SO MUCH tonight. Thank you and I'm with you all the way. Onward and downward! *Hugs*

Shane G.
    September 15, 2010 at 2:10 am

GO GET'EM KENZINATOR! I am totally pumped right now and I already got my weight workout and my walk in today!

Tammy
    September 15, 2010 at 2:14 am

Glad to hear you're getting back in the game sooner rather than later….I believe in you. 🙂

Michele
    September 15, 2010 at 3:42 am

You have come a long weigh (way): maybe it would be helpful to weigh in every two weeks instead of once a week. (Just a thought).

HAve you tried setting a goal or a reward for exercise and working out? Like getting your toes done? A great motivator for me. Michele

Diz
    September 15, 2010 at 3:54 am

I love that you said, "I will sweat until I like it". That's right baby girl! You've said it many times, and it's always stuck with me, that our bodies crave the workouts. We need it to get rid of stress and hike the metabolism (I can tell that my metabolism spikes anyway, when I work out). Good job on getting back on the wagon. Don't beat yourself up for the past- just recommit to the future and you'll be FINE!!!!!

xoxoxo

D

Deb Willbefree
    September 15, 2010 at 4:06 am

Tears in my eyes, nodding my head, hugs to you. Deb

Jill
    September 15, 2010 at 9:46 am

Good for you Kenz enjoy getting back into the exercise

*Whitney*
    September 15, 2010 at 1:13 pm

What a great post! I really liked that you said forget about tomorrow and concentrate on today! That's exactly what this whole journey is about. It's so easy to get trapped into the "big picture" mentality. We have to make each and every day count!

I didn't do the best this summer either. It gets so hard with picnics, cookouts and vacations…it's time to hit it hard again!!

Keep up the hard work! You're doing great!

Neva4getme
    September 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Thank you so much for posting this. I had a crazy summer and my weight loss halted. My first born is starting Kindergarten this week and I am soooo busy that I thought I'd wait to focus on my good habits until next week. Then I read this and it made me exercise! Felt SOOOOO great afterwards – thanks!

shortmama
    September 15, 2010 at 5:48 pm

I am having the same type of week where I am re-encouraging myself to get motivated!