Emotions Healthy Living Love New York City

Changes and Things

I’m leaving New York tomorrow. Will it be goodbye forever? Probably not because I love it here, but I’ll be gone for a little while. I will definitely come once in a while to weigh-in with my Weight Watchers group! And the truth is that I’m not really sure what I’m doing yet or what I want, but I fly out tomorrow. I need some time to refocus and regroup so I’m going to take that time now.

I’m sick right now and (sometimes) sad being here so I want to be close to people who will comfort me. I want to heal. I want to sleep in a big, comfy bed every night, exercise and cook healthy meals. And I want to do it around people who love me.

New York has given me the best years of my life so far, but I believe that my best years are still ahead. I am just ready to get into a new groove, and I’m curious to find out what my future holds.

On a different note, I am completely overwhelmed by all of the responses on Wednesday’s post! I thought I read most of your blogs already, but I was obviously wrong! I can’t wait to spend the next week finding everyone’s sites!

Fran, I appreciate your honest response. I tried going to your site several months ago and got a “forbidden” message. I thought that you had decided to go private. I suppose I should have checked again, but I will now! Fran, who has an interesting journey to share, can be found at http://www.dutchgirlgetshealthy.com.

Thanks to each of you for always being here to support me in my ups and downs…As I said in a post a few days ago, I’m ready to see the sun rise…and I think that will happen soon.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    October 1, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Kenz, I truly wish you all the happiness in the world. For reasons unknown, life is pushing you in a different direction. And you are going to be okay. In fact, I'm willing to bet you're starting the best chapter of your life yet.

I always think of what they say about broken bones (and perhaps broken hearts): the place where it was broken is actually stronger than the rest after it heals.

You're a strong, beautiful woman inside and out. The good stuff is coming….

Debbie xx

Sarah
    October 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Good luck to you! Ditto to the PP the good stuff is coming!

LDswims
    October 1, 2010 at 4:59 pm

I hope this change gives you exactly what you need and more.

Tammy
    October 1, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I'm glad that you are taking the time to get what you need to get healthy inside and out! Take care, friend!

hillary
    October 1, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I know the feeling all too well. The wanting to be comforted. Sadly I would not have that in my family. You definitely need time to reasses and get yourself healthy mind and body. Best of luck hon.

Shawn
    October 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Best of luck on your journey to find the happier and healthier you!

Anonymous
    October 1, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Your tweet said "somebody love me today"God loves you everyday. Hope that you will seek Him. We leave Him, but He never leaves us. Sandy in Belton Missouri

SeattleRunnerGirl
    October 1, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Hey, girl. I don't know what the future holds for you (specifically), but I know it will be good. If you need to "get away" from your getaway, hop a cheap flight to Seattle! There is tons to do and see here, most of which is healthy (hello hiking, walking, biking, kayaking, skiing, boating, etc.). And when it rains, there's nothing better than coming home from a killer workout and curling up in a warm, cozy house with a book.

Shane G.
    October 1, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Hey Kenz, thanks so much for the compliment in my blog! You have no idea how much it means to me that you think of me like that!

Second, I can't help but notice the destination of said flight is absent? If you need anything or I can help in any way, e mail ok? jsg14342@cox.net

She
    October 1, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Take care Kenz, I hope you reach your destination where ever it may be, with joy and happiness. We will be in New York at the beginning of November. It would have been nice to meet you, but not meant to be..

Hugs

Sheilagh
    xx

Rhonda
    October 1, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Destination my way yet?? Hope so!!!

Mission2bthinby25
    October 1, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Take care Kenz! I have been reading your blog for the past 2 weeks. (And yes I went back and read all the past posts haha) You have instilled a lot of motivation in me and I find strength in you during my lowest times. So thank you!

I do have a question for you. It is a random one 🙂 I just started exercising this week. Nothing real strenuous but enough for this couch potato. Better than nothing right? Well my question is: how do you manage the hot and sweaty workouts with being a makeup girl. Do you shower twice daily? Do the workouts in the morning before you get ready? Get ready all over again? Right before bed?

I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get it in without having to wake up early, without having to shower twice, and without having to be nasty for the remainder of the day. Asking a lot huh? LOL

Drazil
    October 1, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Onward my friend…..there's a reason for everything and when you find yours this will all be worth it.

jen
    October 2, 2010 at 1:10 am

Kenz,
    All my best as you begin this new chapter of your life. You are so courageous and I know you will succeed at whatever you set your mind to. Hopefully, someday you may return to New York as I know you love it so. I will keep you in my prayers. I'm looking forward to continuing to read your blog and watch your future success.
    Much love,
    Jen

Fran
    October 2, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Ah Kenz, you shouldn't have done that. Thank you for mentioning my blog. I'm glad to see you found it again and let's make a fresh start from this point okay.

Where are you going to live now?
    I can imagine that when you have lived in such a great town as NY it's hard not to go back so I'm sure you eventually will return to NY.

Have a safe trip.

Anonymous
    October 2, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I am one of those people that reads your blog but I do not have a blog myself….I am blog challenged….(just saying). Yesterday morning I went to read your blog and there was a song on there about the last time I cry (or something like that). It was a song by Brian McKnight and I was listening to it and wondering just exactly what you were going through at that time because I know that your life has been such a rollercoaster lately (I understand…been there….done that) but all of a sudden the page disappeared and never came back. Did you actually have a prevous post and changed your mind? I am still wondering what happened.
    Take care of yourself.
    Debbie in Baltimore, Maryland

Charlotte
    October 3, 2010 at 1:56 am

Best of luck to you in whatever you have going on in your life right now. Whatever it is, just know that without the low points, there would be no comparison for us to know true joy. I'm wishing you true joy.

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    October 3, 2010 at 3:22 am

Shane, You're a rock star! I just call it how I see it friend. 🙂

Mission, that's an awesome question. I think I'll address it in a post this week!

And Debbie, yes..I did write a different post. I removed it because when I woke up (after a night out and drinks) I decided that it was too vague to leave up so I wrote this post with more specifics.