Feelin’ Fine….

I feel like I’m finally getting into a new groove, and it feels good. Being at Mom’s is great, but I have to try harder than usual to be healthy. I don’t have access to a gym here nor do I have as many food options at the supermarket, but it’s still totally possible to be healthy here if I choose to.

My body has been craving whole, healthy foods and exercise so today I made corn salsa – one of my favorite ways to eat veggies. And as I was dicing and chopping I realized that Mom doesn’t have cilantro in the house so I walked about 20 blocks to the grocery store to pick it up then walked home.

The weather here is as beautiful as I can ever remember it being so there was no need for a gym today. I used my legs to accomplish two things at once: buying cilantro to complete the corn salsa and getting my heart pumping.

Now the salsa, which tastes great by the way, is in the fridge, and I can mark working out off of my “things to do” list today. Taking it one day at a time seems to be the best way for me so that’s what I’m going to do.

How’s everyone today? What did you eat for lunch? I had a ham and cheese sandwich with vegetables and multigrain chips and salsa. Just saying…

Deb Willbefree
    October 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I would think that being home would make eating healthily a challenge in a number of ways. πŸ™‚ Home can be like that…

I am confident that you're going to stick to your new way of eating and make some converts! πŸ˜€

Nice hearing from you.

Deb

SeattleRunnerGirl
    October 6, 2010 at 9:44 pm

It's definitely harder for me to stay healthy when I'm at my parents' place, especially if the weather isn't nice! Your salsa sound like one of my favorites, Cowboy Caviar. Mmm, I'll have to post that recipe soon!

So glad you're doing well!

jennykate77
    October 6, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Mmmmm. Corn salsa looks yummy!! I love that you accomplished two things at once! Your lunch sounds good too, much better than mine. I ate Mexican and wish I hadn't. I've felt sluggish all afternoon. I wish I would have opted for a salad and soup or something like that.

Glad to hear you're doing good!β™₯

Veems
    October 7, 2010 at 12:26 am

I had shepherd's pie and vegetables. It was
    a delightful meal and only minimal potatoes.
    I felt great all afternoon! I am so glad that you are feeling vital and alive! It's infectious and inspiring.

Tammy
    October 7, 2010 at 1:13 am

I had been craving a PB&J sandwich, so I had one for lunch. I measured the PB, used reduced-sugar jelly, and put it on a multi-grain Sandwich Thin! I also had some broccoli and carrots, and a sugar-free pudding cup!

I'm taking it one day at a time, too! Glad you are enjoying your visit!

Amanda
    October 7, 2010 at 1:55 am

Lunch was my (boring) standby: 2 oz. lean meat (today was Black Forest Ham) on a sandwich thin, one slice of cheese (Swiss today) 2 cups of red grapes, and 2 pickle spears.

Dinner was Moroccan Style Chickpeas and Cilantro Lime Quinoa, with 1/2 a Haas Avocado over the top.

Now I just have to get through Trick-or-Treating season without diving face-first into a bag of Reese's.

Steelers6
    October 7, 2010 at 2:48 am

Yum, that salsa looks grand!

I had spiced pumpkin bisque (small amount) with honey wheat stix. The soup is yummy; it is from Blount, found it at Costco. Yeah, it's a cream base, so small serving. Tomorrow will probably be a veggie wrap. Yum.

Good job on the walk.
    Chrissy

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    October 8, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Please Share the recipe for this, it seems yummy. I got laid off 2 weeks ago and I find it incredibly hard to eat healthy at home. Share the tips!