Friend Makin’ Mondays: What I Love About Fall

Greetings from “The Big Easy!” Actually, I’m about an hour from New Orleans, but I flew in to spend a week with Mom before leaving for another adventure. And I have to say that as I write this post I am happier than I have been in months! Today I feel a level of comfort and security that only God and a loving family can provide, and I am so thankful to be here.

The weather is positively beautiful here right now which leads me to this week’s topic. I want to know what you love about Fall. Many of us love this season, and today I’d love to hear your reasons for it.

If you want to join the FMM fun the copy and paste this week’s question onto your blog, and don’t forget to add a link below! It’s a great way to get to know fellow bloggers while sharing a little about yourself too! And take a little time to comment on a few others as well. We all like to receive comments, don’t we? πŸ˜‰

What I Love About Fall

Fall is definitely my favorite season! I love the cool crisp weather, college football and caramel apples (with nuts, of course!) It’s the perfect time of year to sit on the porch or balcony with a good book and a cup of tea or hot cocoa, and it puts me in the mood to make soup. Today for lunch, I will make the spinach and tortellini soup I made for the first time last week. It is so easy, healthy and delicious!

This time of year puts me in the mood to bake! I also love decorating with little pumpkins (especially white ones) and cooking all kinds of squash. I’m not kidding. I love squash! It makes me want to knit too which is awesome because I learned how to knit over the summer. Booties, anyone? πŸ™‚

Most of all, Fall puts me in the mood to get cozy and spend time with the people I love. And that is precisely what I plan to do throughout this season.

Now I’d like to know what you love about Fall. Don’t forget to share a link to your post! πŸ™‚ Happy Monday Friends!

Physicallee Fit
    October 4, 2010 at 3:42 am

I love the snappy clothes. Long legged jeans with sassy boots. Plus with my dark hair and pale skin, I look great in brown, orange and olive green.

Deb Willbefree
    October 4, 2010 at 3:54 am

πŸ˜€ You're a champ, Kenz. I'm glad that being home with your mom is feeling like a warm hug. Deb

PurplePoizon
    October 4, 2010 at 6:40 am

Kenz,
    First time I've commented, but I LOVE your blog. You have been such an inspiration to me, thank you for that. Keep your great posts coming!
    I love fall–the sweater weather it brings, the colors, trips to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch, halloween—I just can't get enough!
    -Jenn

β™₯ Shrinking Kenz β™₯
    October 4, 2010 at 7:00 am

You know, Deb…that's the perfect way to describe it. πŸ™‚

Sarah@AlpinePoppy
    October 4, 2010 at 7:07 am

This is my First friend makin monday!
    It couldn't be a better topic! I LOVE fall!
    Thanks for hosting πŸ™‚

jenbythesea
    October 4, 2010 at 10:22 am

So happy to hear YOU so happy! I love fall. It is my absolute favorite season. The weather turning cooler, the leaves turning colors and blowing in the wind. It's just yummy. The only thing that would make it better is if I were spending it in New England.

Brittany
    October 4, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. South Louisiana is one of the best places in the world! Love you!

Jenn
    October 4, 2010 at 12:51 pm

So glad that you have arrived safely in LA and that you are feeling much happier. Enjoy your fall soup today! πŸ™‚

jennykate77
    October 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I LOVE fall!! Decorating with white pumpkins is one of my favorite things too!! I especially love the changing leaves. It's such a beautiful time of year!

Hope you have a great day in the "Big Easy"! *muah*

Tammy
    October 4, 2010 at 4:51 pm

There's nothing like spending time with our moms, is there? I'm glad you're getting the chance to visit. πŸ™‚

Cassie
    October 4, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Ohh I love decorating with pumpkins too!

Smiling is Good for your Teeth
    October 4, 2010 at 6:03 pm

This topic totally brought a HUGE smile to my face! Thank you for making my Monday Merry!

Fran
    October 4, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I love the colors, the cooler weather, the beautiful Autumn days with sunshine, baking, cooking, first time the fireplace is lighted, burning candles, close the curtains at night and cocoon in a warm house when there's a storm outside.

Christine
    October 5, 2010 at 2:20 am

This is my first week joining the fun =) Now I'm thinking about soup too!

Steelers6
    October 5, 2010 at 2:49 am

First off – "HI MOM!!"

Well, I just told my hubby that I like when the seasons change, bc I like to see how last year's clothing fits me this year! Wa hooo! And of course sometimes they need to be replaced due to fit. I LIKE to discover they are too large. πŸ™‚

Cozy clothes & sweaters are a great part of fall, eh?

Glad we can still be in touch with you even when you are traveling. Happy trails to you. [great choice for your first stop! MOM!]
    Chrissy