Motivation Reflection Shopping

So Close…

I spent the evening with Dad tonight. We enjoyed dinner at one of our favorite quick dinner spots, Charlie’s Chicken, before heading to the grocery store. We also went to Old Navy to window shop for coats. I can’t believe it’s almost coat weather, but we experienced a light freeze last night which is a reminder that Winter is on it’s way. And while I don’t own a coat yet, I’m happy to know that if I did own one I could button it again this year!

Knowing that I might not be small enough to wear a coat off the rack at Old Navy, we looked anyway. I like having little goals, and I knew it wouldn’t be too long so I tried a coat on. It was snug, just as I thought it would be, but it won’t be long at all until I can comfortably wear it.

Dad smiled as I tried to button it – again, I just wanted to see how close I was to being able to button it. And to my surprise, it did button! Seriously friends, it’s snug, but it’s so close. I am so close! I honestly can’t express how happy I felt when I realized that I’ll be able to fit into this coat soon. This little moment makes me feel accomplished, and it also makes me look forward to the day it will be too big.

My weight-loss efforts slowed over the summer, but I’m determined to get back into full swing so I went to the gym with Dad today and rocked the elliptical machine for 30 minutes. I burned 348 calories, and that was enough today. I kept my heart rate elevated and felt like a champion when I left. Being on the elliptical made me crave being there again so I’ll do a repeat tomorrow.

This journey is filled with little moments that remind me of how far I’ve come and how far I want to go, and today I experienced more than one of those moments. I’m moving forward, and days like today remind me that I’m worth the effort.

Sarah@AlpinePoppy
    October 30, 2010 at 3:58 am

Yay for you!! Keep up the momentum, it just keeps getting better~ xo

Ms. PJ Geek
    October 30, 2010 at 4:00 am

I remember the first time I could fit in to something from Old Navy off the rack. Most people don't think a thing about that, but it's a milestone for dsome of us.

Deb Willbefree
    October 30, 2010 at 4:14 am

I dunno, Kenz. Maybe the picture is deceiving, but I think the coat looks GREAT now! πŸ˜€ It may be a "need to stand up straight" kind of fit, chuckle, but it doesn't look bulging, pulling, too tight.

I think you look absolutely normal. πŸ˜€ Well, normal for a CUTE person, of course. And your face looks thinner.

You make me want to hit the weight loss trail with new vigor. I need to hit it with any vigor at all….

Deb

marisol
    October 30, 2010 at 5:22 am

Way to go! You look so happy in the picture.

Roxie
    October 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm

LOVE that coat. You look so happy (and it looks great on you!)

Formerly known as Frau
    October 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Awesome you look great in it, I really hope you bought it! You totally deserve it your kickin ass!Have a wonderful Halloween weekend!

Rhonda
    October 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I agree with Deb…it looks great on you now! I don't usually button my coats anyway even if I can. You should have snagged it! πŸ˜‰

The Skinny Doll
    October 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm

YAY… its great to have these little successes that aren't related to a number on a scale! well done you!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    October 30, 2010 at 1:51 pm

that coat might be a little snug now, but you look trim wearing it!

mary
    October 30, 2010 at 2:00 pm

that is AWESOME!
    i remember the feeling i had when i could wear my skinny jeans a few years ago
    i cried. (they weren't that skinny but a size 20 instead of a 24)
    that sadly did not last long.
    but last night i dreamed they were big on me…hmmm
    yay!

Drazil
    October 30, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Beautiful coat…beautiful you.

Deb
    October 30, 2010 at 2:56 pm

The coat looks great. And you have such a beautiful smile.

Jill
    October 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm

It's sometimes those little goals that mean the most! Great work, that coat looks deadly on you!

I Said So...
    October 30, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I think the coat looks good. The buttons don't look like they are pulling or anything. Go for it! And…your smile is the attention getter anyway! πŸ™‚

Beth @ Kitchen Minions
    October 30, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Cute jacket! Congrats on it fitting what a great achievement!

Annie
    October 30, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I love the coat!! I just bought one that's a little too snug right now, but I know I'll fit into it soon enough and it doesn't look terrible leaving the last button unbuttoned (I carry my weight in my rear and hips). Don't little NSV's like that feel awesome?! Good for you!!!

Brittany
    October 30, 2010 at 9:50 pm

KENZ!! OH MY GOSH!!! YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!! OH MY GOSH! I just got giddy inside, so happy. AND PROUD OF YOU!!!!! (excuse my excitement today, i'm a little emotional!) hahaha.

<3 <3 <3

Debbie
    October 31, 2010 at 2:08 am

Hey I think the coat looks great… You have so good.

msgigglepuss
    October 31, 2010 at 4:18 am

Woohoo! You're so close…and I love the coat! Keep up the great work.

Victoria
    October 31, 2010 at 6:09 am

You look absolutely terrific! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

JoAnn
    October 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hey Kenz, just be careful about counting those elliptical calories as actual activity points. When I use my heart rate monitor on my elliptical, it usually shows only about half the calories burned that the machine says. That machine at the gym looks newer and better quality than mine but maybe add a HRM to the mix?

Genie @ Diet of 51
    October 31, 2010 at 2:17 pm

That is a super-cute coat, and you look MARVELOUS in it! Old Navy clothes run small because they are inexpensive (relatively), so that is a BIG victory.

One small step for womankind; one giant leap for Kenz! Way to go!

erinmakesitwork
    October 31, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Awesome! Sometimes a day like that is exactly what you need to jump start you again. I had a similar moment yesterday when (while folding laundry) I put on my wife's shirt thinking it was mine. It fit and it was only after I a found mine the laundry that I realized I was wearing a shirt 2 sizes too small. πŸ™‚ Congrats, Kenz, keep it up.

*Whitney*
    October 31, 2010 at 7:28 pm

You're doing great! You should so buy that coat as a goal coat! It looks great on you and is SUPER cute! Love it!

Casey
    November 1, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Just found your blog and am definitly going to keep reading!
    You are quite the inspiration!
    Way to go on the coat!
    Casey

Stephanie
    November 1, 2010 at 8:20 pm

You look SO GOOD, Kenz! I love that picture of you. Keep up the great work! πŸ™‚

Christine
    November 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm

That white coat looks fantastic on you! (But your smile is your best feature, not the coat!)
    Christine

Suzanne
    November 2, 2010 at 6:35 am

I haven't been by in awhile so I have to say…YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    November 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm

What-are-you-talking-about?
    You are SO rocking that coat!
    Yayyyy for you