Thankful Thoughts and Things I Need To Remember

I spent a big part of the summer writing about my sad, lonely feelings, and you all listened and supported me. You guys rock! And now it’s time to share some of the reasons I’m thankful. Even through the heartache I faced recently, I know that I am blessed. And I’ve never been more sure that God is real and that He loves me.

Today I’m thankful for my family and the opportunity to spend time with them this week. I know I’ve already mentioned how happy I am to be here, but I can’t say it enough…I love my mom more than words can describe. It’s so wonderful to be surrounded by people who care about me so much. And I’m enjoying every moment…

Earlier this evening, I made a list of things I need to remember in order to refocus completely. I’m trying to settle into a healthier eating and workout mode, and notes have helped me several times along this journey. So tonight I wrote this list, and now it’s hanging where I’ll see it several times a day. I’m counting on the things I know to help me bounce back, and I’d like to share those things with you.

You can click on the photo to make it bigger. Just saying…

I’m taking it one day at a time, and I can honestly say that I’m happy with myself when I consider the things I listed above. How do you motivate yourself when you’ve been out of your routine? What helps you keep your eye on the prize?

And one more thing…I will not go to sleep tonight without working out first. I’m telling you because it’s a good way to stay accountable, and I need that right now…just saying.

Anonymous
    October 5, 2010 at 4:23 am

I would love to use your list….post it in a place where I can see it everyday. You couldn't have said it better. Debbie in Baltimore, MD

Deb Willbefree
    October 5, 2010 at 5:04 am

😀 Love your list. But, mostly, love that you know God loves you. 😀 Deb

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    October 5, 2010 at 5:15 am

Well I am the third "Debbie commenter" of the evening!

Great list Kenz…and so impressive that you are taking the time to remember the good stuff and staying positive.

Ever work out to the song "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor? It is great when your heart has been broken, and it makes you want to work harder!

I like "My Choices Make Me Who I Am". Awesome!!!

Mind Over Fatter
    October 5, 2010 at 11:35 am

Good one Kenz. Seems to resonate with a quote I put on my blog today and is a great help to me…

" Don't just go through life, GROW through life. Yesterday is gone and you can't get it back so leave the wish I.. woulda, coulda, shoulda in the past with it. Each new day you are given a new opportunity to start over and become a better you. The power lies within you."

Annie
    October 5, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Great post, Kenz! I love your list, it shows just how well you're doing through this difficult time in your life.

I started with 34 points and have now lost 50 pounds…you've seen my before and current pictures, it does make a huge difference! Can't wait to see you get there, too! :o)

AndreaLeigh
    October 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm

that's so important to remember! we can do anything as long as we focus on today and not the future.

Tammy
    October 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Kenz, I hope you don't mind that I shared your list with two people in my WW group and printed it out to use as a template for making my own list! Yours says exactly what I feel, but couldn't, or wouldn't, take the time to articulate. We are starting a new 12-week session of WW at Work tomorrow, and I'm going to show a big gain. I haven't weighed in since August. However, I plan to use tomorrow as a new starting weight. I'm doing better with exercise, so things should turn around shortly. It's good to see you so happy!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    October 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm

yes, you are an inspiration! and i love, "i can eat again tomorrow."

Becca
    October 5, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Oh honey!! You got me at "I'm starting to feel pretty!"

I have always thought you are beautiful. Yes, initially on the outside – I LVOE your fun pictures and cute expressions you post. But the more I got to know you, you are a gorgeous person Kenlie.

I know how it is hard to feel this way yourself but know that you "appear" pretty on both the outside AND the inside!!!

~Becca

SeattleRunnerGirl
    October 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I LOVE this list! What wonderful reminders of how good we feel when we are making healthy choices. And I needed to hear this today, because after an "easy" week of very few structured workouts, I am jumping back in to my workouts today, even though there's a small part of me that wants to be lazy and skip it. Not gonna happen!

Anonymous
    October 5, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Kenz,I have followed you for a long time and have gone back to read your earlier posts. I started to comment before when you were so unhappy and did not know what to do with the rest of your life.I read between the lines of what you did post and did not want to offer any specific advice.
    I think you are on the right track now and I would now like to suggest something that has helped me in the past.
    Take four large sheets of paper-on the first one write the first three things you want to happen this week.
    On the second page make it for a month.
    On the third page for a year.
    On the fourth page for 5 years.
    When you have finished take each sheet and write 3 things you can do right now to make this happen.
    It will clear your mind and help set your life goals and dreams.You can review it each week and add to it.
    I am older than you and I did this and followed the plans for ten years.
    My best to you and you will be amazed how clear what you really want will become when you finish your lists.

BrookeNotOnADiet
    October 6, 2010 at 2:18 am

I love this idea! I believe I need to do this myself!!

You're a rockstar!

Leah-lew
    October 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Kenz, I'm sorry I missed the chance to say goodbye to you, but i really do hope this journey home brings you strength to keep fighting. I will keep up with you through your blog, and even though mine is different in style and theme, check me out online when you can, I'm still "blogging for sanity"! Take good care of yourself, and know that you are truly a unique person with the capacity to connect with people and inspire, (clearly!) so remember we are always rooting for you.

JoAnn
    October 6, 2010 at 6:35 pm

The only thing I would add to this list is "consistency". Consistent exercise, consistent tracking, consistent medicine/vitamin taking, consistent eating healthy foods, will all go a loooong way. I've decided that my problem has been not being consistent. Can you tell??