Uncategorized

Trying Something New

I’ve never posted a blog from my iPhone before, but I decided to try it today. I have been on the road a lot in the last few days so knowing I can post here will ease my mind a little. 😉 In my travels yesterday I bought a beautiful notepad in the hopes that posting inspirational quotes will help me to stay focused as it has in the past.

This morning I was thinking about the quotes I’d like to post on my cabinets, fridge, pantry, etc. And I came up with a few inspiring words, but I’d like to hear the quotes (or messages to self) that inspire you. How do you remind yourself to make good choices?

I’ll definitely post a note that says “I am happiest when I make healthy choices.” It’s a simple statement…and so true. What would you post to inspire yourself and/or others? How do you remind yourself to be the best version of yourself?

Jess
    October 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm

How about "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

trooppetrie
    October 14, 2010 at 7:28 pm

tell me, tell me how you posted with your IPHONE, I can do it like a text message but do not know any other way

Anonymous
    October 14, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I would post Philipians 4:13. Sandy in Belton

Amanda
    October 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm

My biggest reason for making good choices? "Because I can."

It took me a long time to realize I'm in control of this.

Drazil
    October 14, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I like "Fat is hard, thin is hard…choose your hard."

SeattleRunnerGirl
    October 14, 2010 at 8:05 pm

I have a choice.

My weight does not define who I am.

Determination.

Because I can.

I have lots more, but those are some of them!

Girly Girl: Losing the Gut
    October 14, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I also like nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. Keep up the good work! It also helps to have pictures posted of yourself at your best on the fridge that way when you see it you are reminded of what you are striving for!

Deb Willbefree
    October 14, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Hmmmmm…. I have NOTHING coming to mind. I wonder if that means that I don't actually have little catch phrases that I use to encourage myself. Well, except, "Oh, help, help, help–no, no, no–aarrgghhh–help, help…." But I don't thing that's exactly what you had in mind. chuckle.

When I want to chuck it all, I do remind myself how much better I feel, how much better I can move and that I don't ever want to go back–eating is just not worth THAT trip.

But, still, catch phrases…. I'll think on that.

Deb

Rhonda
    October 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I love this idea and need to apply it to my life too. Mine would be With God anything is possible. I loved the ones you wrote out a while back. One for your niece….adorable.

mensa
    October 14, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I'm at the stage where I'm trying to take a hard look at my body, so it's a little cheer "Hips Hips … Away"

P.S. My word verification was sepread which is too close to spread … ironic … NOT FUNNY … am trying again since I refuse to look at that!

Shane G.
    October 14, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Can't get there without leaving here!!!

Teresa
    October 15, 2010 at 12:53 am

Ha, I love cheers. I'll be using the Hips Hips…Away! one. I don't know why it has taken me so long but in the past week I have realized I DO have a choice. So, for the last week or so I just keep repeating "I decide".

Annie
    October 15, 2010 at 1:13 am

Check out my quotes/versus page for LOTS of great inspirational sayings. 🙂

Karla
    October 15, 2010 at 1:39 am

I love this:

How do you remind yourself to be the best version of yourself?

Made me think, not just about what I eat but how I am to others,

thanks Kenz (((hug)))

Kimberlynn
    October 15, 2010 at 2:45 am

I posted this one on my blog this week…

"People begin to be successful the minute they decide to be."

I love that!!!

Jill
    October 15, 2010 at 2:46 am

I have a little notebook that I keep quotes in too! I haven't added to it lately, but I keep everything from quotes in books, songs, online, etc, to great things my friends say, even a few of my own gems.

This is one of my favorites. I feel that it paints a pretty vivid mental image, at least for me (hence it making the book) It was said in reference to written communication, however I think it's pretty applicable to a lot of aspects of life:

Balance itself is always harder to describe than the clumsy poses that result when it is destroyed.
    -Wayne Booth

Patrick
    October 15, 2010 at 4:45 pm

What would I post to inspire yourself and/or others?

Smart Choices + Fun Choices = Health & Happiness

PrettyWoman
    October 15, 2010 at 5:59 pm

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Choose your hard.

Believe it. Achieve it.

Believe it. Be it, (Ali Vincent)

Dream big. Live bigger.

Never give in. Never give up.