Dating Healthy Habits Meeting Weight Watchers

Dating, Weighing and Living My Life

I don’t like going on first and second dates because it’s so taxing…Did he have fun? Does he like me? Is he just a player? Should I text him? Will he text me? The dating game is not always fun, but I guess it’s necessary to get what I want. I want one guy who wants one girl.

Over the weekend I had a couple of dates with a new, cute guy (who doesn’t read my blog..) He was a tall, super intelligent gentleman who seemed to like me. But I’m not sure if he’ll ask me out again because he hasn’t already done it. Perhaps I should be more patient because this is a holiday week, but we all know that it’s just not likely, right?

While I was out with this guy, I took a spill on the sidewalk. I mean, I fell down on a tiny twig like a big, clumsy dope! And while he seemed okay with the fact that I’m 30 and kind of directionless, I think it bothered him that I appeared to be a clumsy ditz. Ha…I even ruined my beloved red patent leather Ecco flats. It was a sad moment followed by an awesome Brad Paisley concert. I wasn’t really familiar with his music before, but I am in love with it now. He is definitely an amazing entertainer, and I’d love to see him in concert again.

So instead of stressing over whether he’ll ask me out again, I’ll just work on getting myself settled into my new city. I think I mentioned yesterday that I found an adorable apartment that I can lease long-term, and I’m going to work on getting everything else settled next week. I’m looking forward to living alone again…decorating my way, cooking dinner my way, cleaning my way…and I can’t wait to find the right Weight Watchers meeting too.

I went to a meeting last, and while it’s definitely not the meeting for me, I feel good about the fact that I will weigh-in next week. The people were friendly, and I met a territory manager for this area. She recommended a meeting that she thinks would be a good fit for me, and I think she’s right so I’ll visit in December. ๐Ÿ™‚ What’s most important is that I’ll be able to gauge my weight-loss regularly again. I felt so happy when I stepped on the scale! I felt as though I was exactly where I needed to be at that moment. Weird, right?

So while I don’t know every detail of the future, I am preparing to settle in for a while. I have dreams of getting a chocolate lab (or maybe a white one) that will protect me and keep me company, and maybe at some point, I’ll find someone to keep me warm on cold evenings. Until then, I’ll just keep knitting socks. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Heather's House
    November 24, 2010 at 10:24 am

Everything sounds like it's coming together. A chocolate/yellow lab to protect you … really? … they would be excellent company for sure but not so good in the protection department. lol! They make the best company though. It would someone you had to take out for a walk. Good luck!

Summer
    November 24, 2010 at 10:58 am

Awwwwwww. Don't ya just hate it when something like that happens? If he's really the guy for you it won't bother him. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you like your new WW meeting next month!

jen
    November 24, 2010 at 11:27 am

Kenz,
    It's so good to hear you upbeat again. I'm happy for you that you are in a good place. Good luck on finding an apartment and someone special. With your positive attitude you are sure to attract someone who is deserving of your love and attention. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

I Said So...
    November 24, 2010 at 12:01 pm

That sounds like something I would have done…in fact, I think I might have fallen down on a date! I am a clutz. My hubs still laughs about it (he's so not…opposites attract, right?). For some reason, I can't walk down hills. I just fell at a WEDDING last weekend in my brand new 9 WEST boots. UGH.

Don't give up on guy yet. But you'll be okay either way. I know, I know. Not what you want to hear. My sister is looking for her dream guy…She doesn't want to hear it either. Hang it there, he will come. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Thanksgiving.
    J

Tammy
    November 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm

It sounds like things are falling into place nicely for you! Having your own place, making new friends, and all that is great. I'm truly happy for you! As the current owner of a black Lab (he is our 3rd black Lab), let me say that I think they are better than the other Labs! ๐Ÿ™‚ Really, I'm not sure you can get a better dog than a Labrador – be prepared that they don't mature until they are about 3 years old! The only dog I liked better was my Border Collie mix – she was the smartest dog EVER!

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!

zedramaqueen
    November 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I am so very glad I don't have to worry about dating. It was my least favorite part of being single. As for your needing a little snuggler, I'll pack Misty up and send her to you. She is like a space heater!

JoAnn
    November 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Kenz, I am so, so, so confused! Did you move again? You had some pics up of a new apartment, was that just a short term rental? You had also found a meeting you liked but only went to once? Where are you living now? Tulsa? Phew.. I don't think you're directionless, you're headed in a direction, it's just new. I, on the other hand am feeling very directionless right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    November 24, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I just had to reply ๐Ÿ™‚

You WILL find that right guy! Way back when I was in my early 30s (1994) and it was the early days of the Internet, I placed a personal ad for a "New Year's Eve date…and more" on AOL's Romance Connection. I got 250+ responses. You have to realize that this was well before sites like Match.com and the ability to post pictures…or even email them. If you wanted a picture, you had to ask the guy to send it to you via snail mail.

So out of the 250, I wrote back to around 50 of them. Of the 50, I talked on the phone with about 25. And of the 25, I met 10. There were some who I really liked, but I could tell they weren't into to me…and some really like me, but I wasn't into them.

Then there was Tim. ๐Ÿ™‚ We weren't each other's "types" (which turned out to be a good thing) but there was definitely something there. Later we agreed that if we had met some other way, we wouldn't have given each other a second look. But here we are, 16 years later, and very happily married for 13.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Sheila
    November 24, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Stay strong Kenz! It will all work out…in it's own time!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    And when you get settled in – you are going to HAVE to come try my zumba class with me! LOVE it and it is a WORKOUT…let me tell ya!!!

Brett
    November 24, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Hi

I read your blog a lot but don't often comment but I had to on this one.

I was just like you when I was your age Uggg I am 45 now. I always went on dates thinking will he like me? Am I too fat? Will he think I am pretty, funny, smart, etc.

As soon as I turn my attitude into the fact that I was THE AWESOME CATCH my now husband walked right into my life.

You are awesome.

jennykate77
    November 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm

You went to the Brad Paisley concert?! JEALOUS!! I love him! So, you were at the BOK? Right? We HAVE to get together! Maybe after Thanksgiving is over there will be a day that works good for both of us. I'm glad everything is looking up for you. A chocolate or yellow lab would be a great companion. I have a black lab, Belle, and she NEVER leaves my side when I'm home. They make wonderful pets. I highly recommend.

Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!โ™ฅ

Toyin O.
    November 25, 2010 at 12:39 am

Keep working on loving yourself, you will meet the right gut at the right time.

KellyNY
    November 25, 2010 at 2:43 am

Chocolate labs are a little more rambunctious than the yellow ones. Finding the right meeting & the right WW leader is so important.

Brittany
    November 25, 2010 at 3:16 am

I"m so happy for you that you're getting settled. And boys can be strange … but what do i know? I've been single my whole life, and haven't been on a date before… yes odd, right?

Patrick
    November 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Keep smiling and loving life.

I am thankful for so much, getting healthy in 2010 is near the top of my list behind family & friends.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Sarah
    November 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I love this attitude, "Then I moved to Chicago from new York where I knew no one. I did a lot of soul searching that first year. I realized I was looking at dating ALL WRONG! It should be me saying, do I like him? Is he funny, is he smart, is he handsome, does HE make ME feel good. "

Sorry about the spill. Been there, and sorry about the shoes. ๐Ÿ™

I also get directionless… but we're young.

Nancy
    November 26, 2010 at 4:07 am

It's the Holiday Season and some guys think they HAVE to buy you a X-Mas present if dating so wait to date yhou again until after that. Don't know if that is the case, but it could be. If you and he are "right" for each other it will work. Just make sure YOU enjoy your Holiday Season and know Mr. Right is out there for you.
    N~

Steelers6
    December 2, 2010 at 5:03 am

Oh dear, sorry about that spill. And on a date, no less. Iyyy. Well, the postive in that is that it wasn't due to your weight, and wouldn't even look like it was anymore! Woo hoo! Nope, you got balance, it was just one of those things.

Happy December, I'm catchin up on readin' ya. I've missed you! Hugs, Chrissy

Renee
    December 14, 2010 at 3:22 am

Oh, dating in the age of texting. Maybe I am glad that I am a decade (or more) older than you and texting wasn't even thought of when I was dating. I did have a bad email mishap back in 1996 with my now husband.

Wishing you the best.