This week my friend, Becca, at The Texas Darlings is hosting FMM! Thanks for hosting Becca! I love the topic because we all have reasons to be thankful. Be sure to head to Becca’s blog to link up!
1) My shrinking body…I am much thinner than I was this time last year.
2) My friend, E, who is an angel on earth proves time and again that there are caring and compassionate people in this world. I’m thankful to have her in my life even if she’s far away now.
3) My relationship with Dad. I am closer to him now than I’ve ever been. He is my champion and my safe place, and I love him. I’m thankful for the rest of my family too…my sister and her family rocks..and my mom is incredible. I am so blessed to have the family I have.
4) I am thankful for music. I have many favorites, but there are songs that stir my soul. One of my favorite quotes is “When words fail, music speaks.” And I think it’s absolutely true.
5) I’m thankful for my blog friends. I’ve been fortunate to meet some lovely ladies..and I’ve even met a couple of them in person. Rhonda is such a caring soul, and Tammy is wonderful too.
6) I’m going to talk about my body again. I’m so thankful that I can swim over a mile without stopping. And I still can’t believe how much I can accomplish on the elliptical machine, treadmill, etc. My body’s balance is so much better, and I feel so light on my feet.
7) DVR is a another reason I’m thankful. On days like today, I need to get lost in mindlessness. And DVR provides that. I’m also just excited that I finally get to catch up on some of my favorite shows.
8) I’m thankful for the improvement in my teeth. They’re almost completely straight, and they’re pretty white. It’s amazing how much more I love to smile. Thank you Invisalign!
9) God loves me. I’ve never been so sure that He is real and that He loves me. I have a long, long way to go in forming the kind of relationship with Him that I should have, but He is refining me. And I’m trying to let Him.
10) I’m thankful that I have a future…I don’t know what it holds yet, but I’m thankful for the opportunity to grow into the person I want to be.
Why are you thankful? Be sure to link to this post on Becca’s blog! Happy Monday Friends!