Friend Makin' Mondays Holiday Eating

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Thanksgiving Dinner

It’s Monday again which means it’s time for FMM. If you’d like to take part just answer the question on your blog and add your link at the bottom of this post. Also take a few minutes to read and comment on other blogs.

I’m a little late posting this week. It’s almost time for lunch, and I’m hungry so we’re going to talk about food. πŸ™‚ Thanksgiving is only a couple of days away, and I’m ready to have a piece of pecan pie which leads me to this week’s question:

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

My family’s Thanksgiving dinner would not be complete without cornbread dressing. I think it’s a southern thing, but I’ll always love it. I spent the last few years celebrating Thanksgiving in New York, and I brought cornbread dressing and Watergate salad. I didn’t care if I was the only one eating it. πŸ˜‰

Now I want to know about your favorite Thanksgiving dish! And don’t forget to add your link!

Foodie McBody
    November 22, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Our favorite is chicken-apple-sausage stuffing. With Granny Smith apples and chicken apple sausage! YUM.

Kati
    November 22, 2010 at 5:52 pm

My favorite is the German dressing! It's a recipe from my dad's side of the family and OMG it is the bomg diggity! Seriously, so good…but oh so bad lol. There is a reason we only have it once a year!

Cyndi @ Weightless Life
    November 22, 2010 at 6:38 pm

My favorite is definitely my mom's dressing. So warm, and delicious. I can't wait.

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    November 22, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Turkey, preferably white meat with a little crispy skin still attached πŸ™‚

Tammy
    November 22, 2010 at 7:17 pm

My favorite is pumpkin pie. Only my dad and I like it, so I will try to send leftovers home with him! Here is a tip that I use on the turkey. When I was first married and had to cook my first turkey, my mother-in-law said to rub it down good with a stick of butter before putting it in the oven. That would make it brown and crisp. I did that for a long time, then one day I decided to just spray the turkey all over with Pam. It worked great, and it has to save some calories and fat over all that butter! Oh, and I make the cornbread dressing, too. I haven't had Watergate salad in forever – that sounds great!

Stacy
    November 22, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I love the turkey. I put a link to my fav recipe on my page. It's yummy!

Amy
    November 22, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Roast Veges in a ton of olive oil, with rosemary and sea salt. Mmmm and cranberry sauce…

hillary
    November 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I don't like Thanksgiving foods but I totally grew up on cornbread stuffing too and I was raised in New England.

I take it back I love biscuits. Thats the one thing I do eat every year.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    November 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Throwing you for a loop here: Roasted Pork and Potato Salad πŸ™‚

Real Life Reslers
    November 22, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I'd kind of forgotten about cornbread dressing! Yum!

jennykate77
    November 22, 2010 at 10:35 pm

MMMmmmmmmm. I love me some cornbread dressing!!! It's so yummy! I think you're right…it's definitely a Southern thing. I love it!

Shane G.
    November 23, 2010 at 12:43 am

You already said mine… pecan pie. I am going to totally have a small piece for Turkey Day!

bd160
    November 23, 2010 at 7:32 am

Green bean casserole! And stuffing… Mmmmm…

No Thanks Spanx
    November 24, 2010 at 7:29 am

Of all the foods associated with Thanksgiving that I could pick from..I'm going to have to go with homemade mashed potatoes. There's nothing better. πŸ™‚