Friend Makin' Mondays Holidays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Thanksgiving Recap

It’s Monday which means it’s that time again…;) If you’d like to take part in the fun just answer the question below on your blog and add your link at the bottom of this post then take a few minutes to read and comment on other blogs.

I hope that each of you enjoyed the long weekend and that you found reasons to be thankful. And today, I’d like to hear about how to spent your holiday. Did you sleep in? Cook too much? Eat too much? Did you watch football? Shop on Black Friday? Let’s hear it…

Thanksgiving Recap

Wednesday night I was in the kitchen for several hours. I baked a pecan pie, pumpkin pie and cornbread dressing. I also made Watergate salad. Dad and I spent Thanksgiving Day with friends from church watching football, eating tasty turkey and other delicious foods before roasting marshmallows at the bonfire.

Dad and I didn’t take any pictures on Thanksgiving. I haven’t used my camera much at all lately, but that’s about to change. This one is from several weeks ago though, and I love it even though my hair is shorter now. 🙂

I was pretty proud of myself because the dressing was as good as Mom’s! She’s a good teacher!

Then I was at Wal-mart at midnight to purchase a 5 quart crock pot that was on sale for $10 instead of $34. I love Black Friday so I took part for a few minutes before heading back home and climbing into bed. Friday afternoon I worked out for 105 minutes in an attempt to catch up with the goal I laid out for myself earlier this month, but it looks as though I’ll fall short. 🙁

Then Saturday I made pumpkin bread and worked out at the gym before heading out to watch the bedlam game (OU v. OSU) in Stillwater. Someone from Tulsa picked me up before game time, and we enjoyed an awesome evening with friends. More on that later…maybe..

And Sunday I started the day in church. I’ve been to church more in the last six months that I had been in the last 10 years prior. And today, I asked God to line my will with His will…and I meant it. If you believe in God and the power of prayer, keep my request in mind when you pray, won’t you?

After church, I finished knitting another hat and made candy. I made chocolate fudge with Heath bar, chocolate fudge with walnuts and pecan pralines. I attempted to make peanut butter fudge as well, but it was a major fail. Perhaps I’ll try again when I’m back in Tulsa tomorrow.

Can we pretend that my fleece doesn’t clash with my hat? Thanks…

Now it’s your turn to share your Thanksgiving Weekend Recap with us. Don’t forget to add your link! Enjoy this day…

****Also, come back this afternoon for information about the Twelve Days of Christmas Swap that Janna and I are hosting! It’s going to be fabulous so you won’t want to miss it! ****

Deb
    November 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

Thanks for letting me join in your "party"!!

Rhonda
    November 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Oh my goodness, I just have a sec…but that hat is ADORABLE…awesome job! Looks so cute on you! I'm so happy you are drawer closer to the Lord.

Jess
    November 29, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Sounds like you had a GREAT Thanksgiving! 🙂 This is the first year in MANY years that I didn't head into the madness that is Black Friday! What a steal for that crock pot!

Sweet Pea
    November 29, 2010 at 1:39 pm

New follower here, thought I would join in on your Friend Makin Monday !

searchinghigher
    November 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I will def keep you in my prayers! His will in the only way 🙂 I'm so proud of how much weight you've lost. You're an amazing woman, keep it up!

Tammy
    November 29, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Cute hat! Since I'm not talented with my hands, I had to buy a new hat! It is black/white houndstooth!

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was fine, too, because my parents came in for the day and spent the night. Just did a little shopping over the weekend, but not during any of the madness. I bought Angel gifts and a few things for myself (including the hat!).

Can't wait for details of the swap this afternoon!

Twiggy
    November 30, 2010 at 2:12 am

Sounds like fun! Nice hat! I tried to knit one the other day – came out all shapeless and horrible. Now I'm going to have to rip it all out and start over! Oh well…it's all part of the learning process, right?

Laurie
    November 30, 2010 at 2:58 am

I am new to your blog. You are beautiful. I read your "about me" and just loved the feel of it, you are so welcoming, I need to learn more about this Make Friends Monday, I don't fully understand it yet. Also, you wrote that the journey has been fun. Wow! I know it is true, when I am in a good place it is, but when I am in the food, it is so un-fun. By the looks of things, you've been in the fun place now for a while.
    I will pass on the Christmas game because I am Jewish and don't celebrate Christmas, but I will keep on reading.