Friend Makin' Mondays Lifestyle TV

Friend Makin’ Mondays: TV Shows

It’s Monday again which means it’s time for FMM. If you’d like to take part just answer the question on your blog and add your link at the bottom of this post. Also take a few minutes to read and comment on other blogs. It’s a great way to get to know other bloggers, and this is a community of people worth getting to know.

This week, I feel like talking about TV. While my favorite show, White Collar, doesn’t air until January, my other favorites are in full swing. What’s on your DVR? Even if you don’t have DVR, tell us about your favorite TV shows.

What’s On Your DVR?

1) White Collar – Neal, played by Matt Bomber, is the picture of lust in my eyes. And he and Tim DeKay have amazing chemistry on the show…it’s extraordinary.

2) Burn Notice – It’s intense and funny at times…Sam is the man. Just saying.

3) Psych – USA really knows how to do it right with these shows..I heart you USA Network!

4) How I Met Your Mother – I’d like to meet a guy in real life just like Ted Mosby. 😉

5) The Big Bang Theory – I’m a nerd, but this show is amazingly funny…

6) Modern Family – This is easily the best show on network TV.

7) What Not To Wear – I want to make Stacy AND Clinton proud someday. 😉

8) Mike & Molly – I’m still undecided about the show. It could be so much better with a better supporting cast, but I want to love it. We’ll see…

When I’m at home, I like to leave the TV on in the background so I’ll usually leave it on TLC or WeTV. I like shows like “Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss” and “Amazing Wedding Cakes” though they rarely make it on DVR. 😉 I also like to fall asleep watching The Nanny on Nick-at-Nite.

Now it’s your turn to tell us about your favorite shows. Do you actually watch them, or do you let them fill up the DVR like I do? 😉

**Apparently, the first linky was down for maintenance so please add your link here!**

Starfire
    November 15, 2010 at 8:33 am

Hey there – I love this idea! Alas, I don't own a DVR (not tech savvy enough), but I've posted about the various DVD series I'm watching instead – hope that's OK!

Lanie Painie
    November 15, 2010 at 11:09 am

I guess I'll sit out this week – no DVR and we don't watch that much TV

AndreaLeigh
    November 15, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I was really sorry to read your recent posts, K. No one deserves to be treated the way you are treated. I'm so sorry that happened.

I hope this doesn't come across wrong… but as someone who has been through something similar, I learned that I was allowing guys to treat me poorly because my self-esteem was so poor. I don't know if that is the case with you. For me, I couldn't imagine a guy loving a "fattie" so in my mind, I deserved it when he strung me along and cast me aside for thinner, prettier girls. It wasn't until I met Jason that I realized there are guys who are accepting of ALL types of bodies, and even guys who will love us and be attracted to us despite the bumps and rolls. In my mind, guys only loved perfect, and that is so not true. I hope you can find someone who will love you exactly as you are.

On another note…

Love Big Bang. "I have informed you thusly."

Roxie
    November 15, 2010 at 4:17 pm

really? you like Ted Mosby? He's such a douche! The only character I don't like on the show. lol Ironically, I like Barney. What does that say about me… hmmm

I also love Stacy and Clinton. I want to be BFF's with them.

Anonymous
    November 15, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Did you know that Matt Bomer is gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that… I was just surprised!

zedramaqueen
    November 15, 2010 at 6:11 pm

My current faves: House (love the character, plus Hugh Laurie's American accent impresses me no end; Biggest Loser (love the drama of each season, although I hate the super-fast weight loss concept); Detroit 1-8-7 (love seeing the sights around my hometown); Lie to Me (reading people is fascinating); The Amazing Race (they visit so many incredible places!); Outsourced (it's a hysterical concept). Favorite TV show of all time? The Batman series…yes, the cheesy 1960's series with Adam West and Burt Ward. The stereotypical characters are so much fun, and where else do you get as much onomatopoeia in one place? POW, BAM, OOF!

Fran
    November 15, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I watch every show I record on my DVR. We also have a lot of movies on it which we still have to watch.

What do I watch? Do you have a moment or two?
    Here we go ….

Grey's Anatomy
    Desperate Housewives
    Cougar Town
    Glee
    Modern Family
    The Mentalist
    True Blood
    The Tudors
    Two and a half men

These I never watch when they are on, I always record it so I can skip the commercials.

Shows that are not on at the moment but when they get back on:
    Gossip Girl
    The Vampire Diaries
    The Good Wife
    Army Wives

Chris
    November 15, 2010 at 9:09 pm

The Next Iron Chef

Tammy
    November 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Did you see my Facebook album of the fashion show with Clinton last Friday night? I even had a conversation with him in the aisle @ Macy's! Love Big Bang, Glee, Pawn Stars, and Undercover Boss.

jennykate77
    November 15, 2010 at 10:10 pm

I LOVE The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family!!! Two of my absolute favorites!!

Hope you're having a great Monday!!♥

Susan Astramskas-Simpson
    November 16, 2010 at 2:49 am

Ok…I get my money's worth out of my DVD.

ELLEN
    DAYS OF OUR LIVES (SINCE COLLEGE IN THE 80'S
    AMAZING RACE (LOVE TRAVEL)
    RUBY ON STYLE NETWORK (BACK ON IN JAN 2011)
    TRUE BLOOD ON HBO
    MIKE AND MOLLY (CRACKS ME UP)
    THE BIG BANG THEORY (LOVE IT)
    GLEE
    BIGGEST LOOSER
    ASHAMED BUT THE BACHELOR AND BACHLORETTE

I LIKE SHOWS THAT ARE FUNNY

Brett
    November 16, 2010 at 6:57 am

Kenzi your blog came up when I was surfing Blogger for blogs with similar. Terests. I literally just posted a blog tonight on how I need to catch up with my TI O. I have not read your blog before. But certainly will now. Come swing my mne when you have a minute. http://nyinmayberry.blogspot.com

Peace!!!

Tahnie
    November 16, 2010 at 8:39 am

Thanks for hosting this! I am a first time participant. 🙂

Cindy
    November 16, 2010 at 8:15 pm

DVR:

hoarders
    oprah

otherwise the shows I try to catch weekly while being aired are: grey's, hell's kitchen and glee

Jess
    November 16, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for hosting this Kenz!!!