Holiday Eating Weight Watchers

It Starts Today

I’ve been eating pretty well lately, and my monthly exercise goal is within reach. But I haven’t been tracking food properly, and it’s time for that to change. I’m pretty good at knowing how much I should eat, but I don’t want to play the guessing game when I step on the scale.

Starting today, I commit to tracking and journaling regularly again. I know it works, and it’s not hard so there’s no excuse for skipping it.

And Tuesday I’ll start attending a different WW meeting (my first in a month) because I am absolutely determined to lose weight Thanksgiving week for the second consecutive year. πŸ™‚ I know that I can lose weight while enjoying good food because it’s what I do. And I’m thankful that I have the tools to make the upcoming week a healthy one.

Do you track your daily food intake? If so, do to plan to do it on Thanksgiving?

marisol
    November 19, 2010 at 7:08 am

I use the WW app to track all my food. I think it's why I have been successful so far. Thanksgiving will be tempting but I hope to lose weight that week. I just want to treat it like a regular week.

Deb Willbefree
    November 19, 2010 at 7:13 am

I do track my food every day–even when I overeat. I don't know if 'll track Thanksgiving Day, tho. It is likely that I'll still be in the hospital, so gong over calories won't be a tetmptation.

I will definitely be tracking if I'm home. πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful holiday!

Deb

Starfire
    November 19, 2010 at 7:24 am

Hey there – I've *just* started tracking my food intake a few weeks back… up until then I hated food journalling with a PASSION for a number of reasons. This time, I specifically looked for a way to make it fun and… gamelike, I guess… so I went high-tech and found an app I really like for my iPhone. It seems to have made the difference – both to my feelings about tracking, and my results as well πŸ™‚

Shane G.
    November 19, 2010 at 11:05 am

oh tracking is an OCD thing for me. I can't eat it and not write it down anymore. It bothers the hell out of me when I am not within reach of my journal, so I finally figured out to use my notes function on my phone to write down something I ate while out. And I plan on losing weight during Thanksgiving week too! What say we contact each other not next Friday but the one after Thanksgiving and share how much we lost between today and that day? Let me know on FB if you want to do that.

Roxie
    November 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I'm not a big fan of the Thanksgiving holiday food fair. So it's no biggie to me to track it like any other day and not be disappointed πŸ™‚

zedramaqueen
    November 19, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I have the most success when I track everything that goes into my mouth, including sugarless gum. I've been using My Fitness Pal online, but I love Shane's idea about using the notes function on the phone! One thing I've found is that if my weight loss seems to stall, I can go back and look at an earlier week in my journal when I lost well, and see what's different about what I was eating then and now. It helps me to see patterns emerge. I know Thanksgiving will be great for you!

Molly
    November 19, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Absolutely! I will track everything on Thanksgiving! WW meetings help me a lot. I just think about quiting, then go and I know why they are important!

Annie
    November 19, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Good for you! I hope to lose this week as well. I do track my food, religiously! I'm so glad that WW is waiting until after Thanksgiving to switch things up, though, so that I don't have to learn a new program over the holiday. πŸ™‚

Kimberlynn
    November 19, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I track everything!!! I've been doing it consistently for six months now which is quite an accomplishment for me. I used to hate tracking, but I don't mind so much anymore. It's something I just do…like brushing my teeth. As for Thanksgiving, yep…I'm tracking. I think I'll save some bonus points for the big day, but I'm also going to try some new recipes to keep the points down. I'll be blogging my 'game plan' for the day soon. You should come by for a visit.

Kimberlynn

Neva4getme
    November 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I track mostly everything (the weekends are HARD!) online. So much easier than those WW paper journals I used 10 years ago πŸ™‚

Thanksgiving in Canada was last month, so I don't have to worry about it next week πŸ™‚

Not much help am I? πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    November 20, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Yes, I started tracking (online) last February and have lost 87 lbs. since then. (Before that, I free-styled it, and did okay but eventually stopped losing.) I use a free website, which has been a blessing because it makes my life so much easier. And yes I will track on Thanksgiving. So much to feel grateful for!

Robin

SeattleRunnerGirl
    November 20, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I don't track every day, but I always keep track in my mind…if I have a second latte on a certain day, I eliminate my evening snack, etc. I do track a couple days per week to make sure I'm keeping it between the beacons and not totally underestimating – or overestimating! – my portions or calories on anything.

Good luck on your goal to lose weight during Thanksgiving week – it can totally be done!

Ragemichelle
    November 20, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I don't keep track of it. But then again, I generally live my life in a chaotic way where list keeping isn't even close to being an option!

Good luck on your Thanksgiving goal!

Chris
    November 21, 2010 at 12:00 am

After a year of doing this I track even when I cannot help myself! When I don't want to even! I still feel that you can eat "cheating" things as some people refer to them as long as you keep it within reasonable calories goals. I was supposed to diet all year and take the holidays off…starting over in January. I don't think I going to have to do that this time!

Steelers6
    November 21, 2010 at 4:54 am

I will be conscious, aware, and logging my food on Thanksgiving. My dh and I make it all, so then it is slightly less appealing compared to when someone else makes it, kwim? Maybe I have looked at it too long? Maybe I'm too worn out from all the food prep?

I also will try to go for a walk if it is nice weather.

So many things about my comment here reflect the 'new me' & a very different look at this holiday from the past.
    Enjoy! Chrissy

Amy
    November 21, 2010 at 5:55 am

I use ww e-tools to track everything I eat- much easier than the paper way because you don't have to think at all about the points values (especially as here ww has just launched propoints and I have to unlearn all the points i already i knew).