Cardio Exercise Goals

New Month, New Goals

I started tracking cardio in June of last year, and my goal was to complete 1,000 minutes per month. I have done it a few times, but it’s been a couple of months since I hit 1,000 minutes. And it seems that exercise is a big part of my weight-loss success and slow down. So this month, my goal is to workout for at least 1,000 minutes. If I work out 50 minutes per day with a day off per week, I can easily exceed this goal. Working out makes me feel good. I was reminded of that last week so I’m going to do my best to make this a successful workout month.

Last week, I was unable to weigh-in, but I look forward to seeing progress next time I step on the scale. Until then, how’s everyone? What are your exercise goals for the week?

Debbie
    November 2, 2010 at 6:02 pm

My energy levels are up for high from being off high blood pressure meds that I am getting a lot of exercise. I have been on a house cleaning frenzy this week. I look forward to reading your blogs you have been a great motivation to me.. Keep it up.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    November 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm

UGH, the water! I can't make it work for me. No matter how much I try I don't drink as much as I want to.

Jill
    November 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I just finished subbing someone else's fitness classes (3 a week) so I think I'm going to try to hit the gym or other classes 2x a week to keep up what I'd been doing, and add one day a week of yoga to that! 🙂

Rachel
    November 2, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I love following your blog. I love the motivation you have. And I totally forgot to tell you, that you looked CUTE in that Old Navy coat. My goals for this week is to stay on plan and finally drop this 1.4 lbs that are holding me from getting to Twotervill!

Anonymous
    November 2, 2010 at 7:50 pm

My goal is to exercise 5 days this week…I usually will go for a 40 min(2.82mile) walk or do a 30 min cardio workout. I also bought a bike(which I have to pick up) and I intend on incorporating that in as well, at least for a week or 2 🙂

Kimberlynn
    November 2, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Hi Kenz…my goals are to walk 18 miles, and do 3 sessions of toning and weights. Oh, and I've also started a challenge on my blog where we're all challenging ourselves to do the plank!!! I'm trying to work up to holding myself in plank position for 1 minute straight. So, this week I'm doing the plank for 3 sets of 20 seconds each.

Good luck on your goals!!! They sound great.

Eliza
    November 3, 2010 at 12:04 am

Hi Kenz, You do look fantastic in that coat! I want to toss my goal in here…I am shooting for 1000 minutes of exercise a month too.

SeattleRunnerGirl
    November 3, 2010 at 12:17 am

I'm late to the party, but my workout goals for the rest of this year are to get in at least four "formal" workouts per week. Mine are usually 60 minutes each. Good luck to you on your goal!

Nikke Brown
    November 3, 2010 at 7:02 am

Good luck with getting back to your 1,000 goal!
    My goal is to work out an extra day each week (I'm up to 3 with my work schedule. I want 4 days) and to cut out soda. I need more water!

Starfire
    November 6, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Wow! 1000 minutes is a pretty impressive total, and yet, as you say, totally achievable if you can stick to the schedule you've set yourself consistently. Good luck – look forward to hearing how you go with it.

I decided my exercise goals for November were to aim for at least 40km a week (between running and walking), and at least 2,500cal burn a week (between all exercise sources). I'm pretty much on track so far with week 1 – hopefully I'll be able to keep it up 🙂