Again

It has been a good week so far. I feel good, and I’ve spent a lot of time around people who matter to me. Life is still changing, but it’s getting easier and more fun so I can’t complain.

Last night I made roast with potatoes and carrots for dinner which was a big hit. 🙂 And the guy I wrote about last week (you know…the one that watched me trip on a twig like a big dope) made dessert – Big Red ice cream floats with Bluebell homemade vanilla ice cream. When I realized that he had come up with this incredible dessert idea, my brain’s initial response was to panic. But after about 30 seconds of consideration I realized that It would probably be okay to enjoy it.

I ate almost half of the float which I guessed was approximately 100 grams of ice cream, and it was delicious! As I sat on the sofa, enjoying the rare treat, I was reminded of some things that are extraordinarily important. I no longer have a desire to drink soda, and more importantly, I control the choices that I make. Sure…I could have asked Mountain Man (yeah..let’s call him that) to serve mine sans soda, but I constantly preach that nothing is off limits. And I believe that it’s the only way to successfully live out this journey. Does this mean I’ll drink soda again? No…not for a long time. It’s just not my thing. And the idea of wasting calories on it doesn’t appeal to me.

Speaking of wasting calories, I have struggled with eating more in the last week than I have at any previous point on this journey, and I don’t have an excuse for it. I did not take time (until yesterday) to buy fresh produce or lean meats…nor have I exercised as much as I should. But I will not give up. I’ll look at today as a blank canvas and paint a rainbow of healthy choices on it.

I’m proud of myself for coming so far, but I’m ready to start losing with vigor again. I am ready to show myself and others that I’m serious about reaching my ultimate goal. I’m ready to do my best today, and that’s what I’ll do….starting now.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    December 2, 2010 at 11:48 am

Thanksgiving is a tricky time for a lot of people…and it can be loaded with emotional stuff, too.

Just keep on taking it one day, one meal at a time. I know you'll get there!

*Whitney*
    December 2, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Good for you!! You're absolutely right…this journey is all about control and eating things in moderation. For me, if I deprive myself of something I'll end up going on a binge of whatever that is at some point.

cmpsaun
    December 2, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Are you using the new Points Plus program where you live? WW rolled it out in the Northeast this week and it has been a bit of a challenge! For me, it's been a great way to "start over" after 9 months of dieting. I hope getting back to the fundamentals like careful tracking will help me start losing with vigor – or at least not blow it through the holidays. Progress not perfection, right!? Good luck! -Seventies Girl

Formerly known as Frau
    December 2, 2010 at 1:10 pm

You go girl! One day at a time! You deserve happiness and a treat too! Have a wonderful day!

Shawn
    December 2, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I have not had Big Red in almost 2 years!

Keep up the positive attitude, there's no such thing as an easy journey!

Annie
    December 2, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Good for you!! That dessert doesn't look too appealing to me, either, but it was nice of him to make it. :o)

Hope your day is filled with healthy choices! Have you started the new WW program? What do you think?

SeattleRunnerGirl
    December 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Mmm, love Big Red! Haven't had it in years, though – they don't sell it out here! My grandma used to put a 2L of Big Red and a 2L of Fanta in her suitcase when she came to visit us when we first moved to Washington…we were sooo deprived! lol

Glad you had fun with the man. Draw a line in the sand today with your healthy choices!

capperson
    December 2, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I wish I could be like you! I'm trying so hard to find a way that I can lose weight, but have a lifestyle change also and be able to stic with it.

However, that sounds so yummy!!!

fatgirlwearingthin
    December 2, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Fantastic post. I love the way you stated, 'starting right now'. Not, tomorrow – but now. There's no healthier way to live out your life than to think of the current moment.

Bringing Pretty Back
    December 3, 2010 at 2:10 am

I agree! I am also ready to lose weight with vigor! 2010 I did not have VIGOR at all! 2011 a new attitude!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

erinmakesitwork
    December 3, 2010 at 4:04 am

Darlin' No one ever said this journey would be easy. So just keep on keepin' on and you'll continue to shine.

Steelers6
    December 3, 2010 at 4:44 am

I so get you on the panic of the dessert, and then in about 30 seconds you had a little chat with yourself and worked it out. I am so proud of us for THINKING now..becoming so aware of food and what is in front of us, planning, choosing, etc.

Did you use your new crock pot for that roast?

I got a little kick out of "MM".. I was hoping his blog name wouldn't have anything to do with "you know, the one that watched me trip on a twig like a big dope", which btw cracked me up. That sentence, I mean.

Happy weekend, beautiful!
    Chrissy

marisol
    December 3, 2010 at 5:18 am

Good for you Kenz! This isn't easy but you also gotta enjoy life.

Your dinner sounds delish.

Steph
    December 3, 2010 at 5:36 am

Just take one day at a time. You have been through a lot!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    December 3, 2010 at 6:11 am

I so hope you keep this blog because I need all the encouragement possible. I started doing Zumba this week and I hate my body for it. Dancing was so easy before. I have a few things on my mind right now so what did I do? I had 3 ice cream sandwiches right after dinner.

Laurie
    December 3, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I had a chance to look at some of your scraps and cards. Really nice work.

jennykate77
    December 3, 2010 at 5:58 pm

That's a great perspective, Kenz! Everyday is a fresh start…the first day of the rest of your life.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ice cream float w/ Mountain Man.

Hope you're having a great week!!♥

Julie
    December 3, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Stopping by from Margene's blog. I had my head in the sand this week and didn't do so well but new day, new chances to keep going and to become what we really want most. A healthy woman.
    Take care and I'll be stopping by and reading more as time allows. God Bless!!