Friend Makin' Mondays Friends Holiday Swap Holidays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: December to Remember

It’s Monday again which means it’s time to have a little blog fun! This week, I’d like to hear what you’re excited about this month! I would imagine that most of you are as excited about the holidays as I am, and I want to hear all about it!

If you’d like to take part in the fun just answer the question below on your blog and add your link at the bottom of this post then take a few minutes to read and comment on other blogs.

What will you do to make this a December to Remember?

I’m looking forward to several things…especially seeing my sweet little niece at Christmas! It will be my first Christmas with her, and I plan to soak up every beautiful moment with her and my family. I’ll miss Dad, but I’m thankful for the quality time I got to spend with him last month. And I’m happy about being close enough to him to visit regularly now.

I’m also looking forward to looking at Christmas lights! I LOVE Christmas lights, and Oklahoma has a couple of amazing displays! Awesome lights + great BBQ = a fun way to spend an evening.

And this week, I’m baking a homemade cherry cheesecake for Mountain Man’s birthday. My friend, Kelly, made sure that I’ll do it right. Thanks Kelly!

I’m also looking forward to the 12 Days of Christmas Swap! Janna is my swap buddy, and I can’t wait to enjoy it with her!

What are you excited about in the coming month? Don’t forget to add a link to your blog! =)

carla
    December 6, 2010 at 11:22 am

Im excited about making it through my intense visit with the inlaws and getting to january ๐Ÿ™‚
    Is that bad?

MizFit

Kati
    December 6, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I love seeing all the lights too! They have a couple of places nearby that do the light shows…where you tune in to a radio station (playing Christmas music) and the lights "dance" to the music. Love it!

Brandi.
    December 6, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Our town is pretty awesome for lights, too. I'm looking forward to taking the kiddos out Christmas Eve {provided the weather cooperates} to see the lights. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tammy
    December 6, 2010 at 8:33 pm

There are several big displays here – Graceland is done with Elvis' decorations (blue lights for Blue Christmas), the Zoo has lights AND an outdoor ice skating rink (can I skate with a panda????), and one park has a drive-thru display. I'm probably going to miss all of those, but I will get to see what is going on in Gatlinburg, TN and Dollywood the weekend before Christmas! I think they do it up big over there in the Smokies! It will be a great way to spend my birthday!

Jess
    December 6, 2010 at 8:46 pm

We just went and saw an amazing light display this weekend!! My 3 year old was in awe!! Such fun!

Kelley
    December 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love seeing the decorations during December… there is one house near us that is entirly lit, lawn full, and plays music to coordinate to the flashing lights. We love to drive by and look!

have a great week

Heather's House
    December 6, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I'll be thinking of you next weekend. I'll be in your beloved NYC. We are going to see the tree at Rockefeller and I'm sure there are lots of lots of other beautiful things to see. Windows maybe? Can't wait! Love it there.

Deb
    December 6, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Thanks for letting me join. Your button is on my "link-ups" page!!!

Laurie
    December 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm

As I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't want to be a downer, but for my December I hope to get my voice and health back. I've been fighting bronchitis for 3 plus weeks. I hope to get some good sweat going and I hope to get a focused and positive attitude about eating healthy. I also hope to have a rocking time with a bunch of friends over at our house on New Year's Eve.

Book Smart Mom
    December 6, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I'm looking forward to finishing off the Christmas sugar cookies I made with my son and hopefully joining Weight Watchers online later this week. Oh, the irony! I also love the days filled with Christmas music since one of my local stations plays it 24/7 until Christmas.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    December 7, 2010 at 12:17 am

I was looking forward to having a place to put our tree this year (last year we where homeless) so already super happy about that! also looking forward to Christmas at the in-laws in NYC.

KellyNY
    December 7, 2010 at 2:10 am

I can't wait to hear how cheesecake making went!

Teresa
    December 7, 2010 at 4:05 am

Tammy, did you ever have the chance to visit the Christmas displays in the old downtown Goldsmith's? I thought that was so great. Seems tame compared to all the decorations we have nowadays.

Karla
    December 7, 2010 at 5:49 am

I am looking forward to Christmas, the last few years have been slim pickins and this year I kind of went wacko!! I love love love Christmas, I am also making cakeballs this year!!! I am sending out my Christmas swap tomorrow. Thank you it was so much fun!!! I even made a 12 days of Christmas for my sister (I hope she isn't mad!! LOL)

Tim
    December 8, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Hey there!

Great blog!

December is always an exciting month for me because I have my sisters birthday, my birthdaym my dads birthday and then Christmas!

Presents Presents Presents!! ๐Ÿ™‚