Family Holidays

Happy Days

It has been such a busy week, but I’ve loved every moment so far. And if Dad could have been here for Christmas it would have truly been a perfect day. I guess I won’t complain about being so close to perfection. 😉

I stayed up late baking last night then baked with Mom, Steph and the banana today. We opened presents, visited with the neighbors who are like family and enjoyed a tasty meal.

My workouts were great a few days last week, but they’ve been non-existent since I flew here on Thursday. Tomorrow, however, is a new day. And I’m committing (again) to making exercise a priority. The beautiful thing about this journey is that I can recommit as often as I need to, and I’ve needed to a lot lately.

Anyway, my trip has been good so far, and I want to share a few pictures. I’ll share pics from the 12 Days swap soon too! It was so much fun..Until then..here’s some family fun..

We baked and decorated cookies!
Aunt Janice, Mom and Me
I’ve looked forward to baking cookies with my niece since before she was born! Today it happened for the first time..:)
My neighbor who is more like family, Steff…
My cousin, Lil Jerry, will always be Lil to me! =)
I spent time with Dad before heading to Mom’s, but I miss him already!
My Uncle Jerry is awesome..it was great to see him!

I have so much more to share, but I’m sleepy so I’ll do that later. How were the holidays for everyone else? What was your favorite part?

Cassie
    December 26, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Awww… looks like you had a great holiday!

Melissa E.
    December 26, 2010 at 6:50 pm

My favorite part? Gingerbread cookies. Oh, and watching my son play with all of his new toys.

Veronica
    December 26, 2010 at 6:57 pm

love it! 🙂

Tammy
    December 26, 2010 at 7:19 pm

My favorite part was spending Christmas Day with my parents. Even though, my mom forgot to give me the fudge she made! Also, being able to have our dog, Cosmo, with us. He had a cancerous tumor removed from his leg on Tuesday. He had cancer years ago in the same spot. We are hoping it hasn't spread. I got the most happiness from some gifts I gave. My friend, Mary Kathryn, was so excited to get strawberry bread in the mail – I could hear the joy in her voice! Then, my friend Lori, is having a tough year with a very sick daughter, so medical expenses were ruling out Christmas for her. We sent dinner from a Memphis BBQ restaurant (they used to live here and eat at that restaurant) for her daughter's 21st birthday on Dec. 15, and I sent Lori a box of small gifts so she would have something to open on Christmas. Her mother was just about overcome from the surprise of the dinner, and Lori cried at receiving everything she asked for! Being able to make all of them so happy was even better than Santa leaving me the KitchenAid mixer I asked for!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family! That's what it it all about!

Tammy
    December 26, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Oh, and I can't wait to see your swap gifts! I've really enjoyed looking at what you and Janna sent to each other!

reneasskinnylove.blogspot.com
    December 26, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Looks like you had an amazing time. I too am so very tired!
    My favorite part of christmas is of course family!
    We take family for granted.Well some of us do.
    It was just great to spend 12 hours with my family visiting and laughing EATING visiting and exchanging gifts. I am very blessed to have the family I do.

Konrad
    December 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Those cookies are so cute!

zedramaqueen
    December 27, 2010 at 12:56 am

I was up all night on Christmas Eve getting things ready for my dad to come in and the rest of the family to come for dinner. My favorite part might have been going to bed last night…! 🙂 Seriously, I loved watching the boys go crazy opening gifts. I also loved drinking my favorite Cabernet Franc and eating Honeybaked Ham and Walnut Broccoli. Yum!

On another note – Tammy, what kind of dog do you have? Our lob/pit mix just had a huge tumor taken off of her leg a couple of weeks ago. It was also cancerous. We're hoping it doesn't come back and that it hasn't spread to her lungs. Hope your pooch heals well!

Lisa Eirene
    December 27, 2010 at 1:07 am

Wow those cookies look professionally decorated! Fancy!

Tammy
    December 27, 2010 at 1:47 am

Z – my dog is a Lab. He had cancer in this exact spot on his leg years ago (he is 10 1/2). Thanks for the good thoughts. I hope your dog is OK as well.

Kenz — sorry to hijack the thread for a minute, but since you are also a dog lover, I thought you might not mind!

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    December 27, 2010 at 3:15 am

Tammy and Z, I'm so glad you're talking..you two should DEFINITELY know each other since you're both wonderful. 🙂

Tammy
    December 27, 2010 at 3:34 am

Z – do you have a blog? What is the name of it?

Jess
    December 27, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Looks like your holiday was just wonderful!! I baked sugar cookies with my DD this year for Santa from scratch and we had such fun!!!

soul + food
    December 27, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Seems like you had an amazing Christmas – those cookies look soooo yuummmyyy!

Cub's Den
    January 3, 2011 at 2:51 am

I just came across your blog and love it. The first entry i read really just hit home. talking about what your body needs and what your mind thinks your body needs for food. Thank you!

Kristen