On The First Day of Christmas…….

My friend, Janna, said to me “Let’s do some crunches starting with 3 sets of 30!

I’ve been struggling today. I knew better than to go to Krispy Kreme today, but I went anyway. I felt like it was okay because I’ve been in Tulsa for weeks, and I haven’t been there once until today. Well, I ate enough to make up for it. I ate two more than I planned..yikes.

And my workouts have been pretty non-existent. I could list some excuses, but I won’t. Instead, I’m committing to exercising today. I don’t want to go back to looking or feeling like this.

I love feeling strong and confident and secure, and eating hot, yummy donuts doesn’t give me those feelings. Instead, they left me with a stomachache and feeling a little defeated.

So Janna has shared an idea that is happening across the blogging community. In addition to the Twelve Days Gift Swap, we are gifting ourselves with good choices. Each day we will do one healthy thing, adding to it each day until Christmas. I’d rather smile about making good choices than smile about eating crap that will make my stomach hurt in 20 minutes…

Will you join us? If so, let us know by leaving a comment here or on her blog.

I’m also chasing a 7 Day Chip by conquering seven days of successful eating . If you’re interested, check out Brad’s blog for details. He’s so encouraging and inspiring. If you don’t read his blog start now…

I have a lot of work to do, and I’m going to get started now. This journey is one that must be taken day by day so I’m going to make today a good one. Will you?

************

In other news, I got to open my first swap gift from Janna! =) Does she know how to make me happy or what? I know it wasn’t easy, my dear Aggie..thank you! 🙂 I can’t wait to open Day 2…I think I’ll do that soon. 🙂

Grace
    December 14, 2010 at 6:16 am

Although I don't comment much, I read every one of your posts and enjoy your journey. But the picture you posted inspired me to comment…

YOU HAVE COME SO FAR!!! WOW, Just WOW.

I'd love to see side by side pics, the one above with a more recent one. Then even those folks who just started reading your blog will see what you have accomplished.

Shawn
    December 14, 2010 at 1:19 pm

The most important part of your journey is recognizing when you've stumbled and learning from it. I believe you're are doing just that!

You look amazing…and happy!

DOADOUBLETAKE
    December 14, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I agree with Grace…I just found your blog, it hasn't even been a week. Your progress is remarkable and you look absolutely gorgeous. I've been stopping and going, stopping and going for a while and yours is one of several testimonies that have motivated me to get on my journey again but this time to actually see it through to the end. So please do a side by side pix!

Julie
    December 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Day 1 and 2…thank you for hosting the 12 days of Christmas. I am having a blast and I hope my partner is too.
    I love your gifts, such wonderful things.
    Take care and have a blessed day.

Kimberly
    December 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Oh wow, that UT ornament must have burned her when she picked it up. We have UT/A&M wars in my family. LOL

And your before picture is just amazing. I'm floored.

Betty
    December 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

It's weird how different we all are. When I see your before and after picture, it inspires me, but when I see mine, especially when I am feeling down about messing up, I just seem to get stuck on hopeless. I look at the old picture and my mind sends signals to me "here we go again" When I am making smart choices I can look at those pictures with confidence,believing I will never go back. I am always gonna mess up from time to time, I have learned that about myself, I am just now trying to figure out how to move forward when things take a drastic turn for the worse.

What ever you are doing, you are doing what you need to do, just keep looking forward and you will make it. I am so proud of you, it is so tough when things keep changing around us.

I am still saying prayers for you. ♥

The Fat Mom
    December 14, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I'm speechless. I mean I don't even know what to say. Even though I've gone back to some older posts of yours, I've never realized how far you have come. It's truly amazing and such an inspiration!

Vi
    December 14, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Kenz! You're a Longhorns fan! Hook 'em Horns 🙂 Love the ornament.

Great post….it's so important we can start our day over at any time. You'll have that 7 Day Chip before you know it 🙂

@violettfem 🙂

Tammy
    December 14, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I'm in for the 12 healthy days of Christmas! I will also check out Brad's blog for the 7 day chip info.