PointsPlus Weight Watchers

Trying The New Plan

In a recent post I said that I would try counting calories before trying the new points program, but over the last few days I’ve found myself constantly wondering about what I’m eating. In some cases, I know I’d be pleasantly surprised so I’m going for it. I belong at Weight Watchers.

I believe counting calories works, but I miss the excitement that comes with counting points. I’m still not fully satisfied with the new plan, but I’ll need to know more about it to pass judgment. All I know at this point is that I miss tracking in e-tools, looking up point values and using the WW recipe builder.

I’ll attend my new weekly meeting again Friday, and I’ll resume posting my weigh-in information each week. I’m happy to be a part of a new meeting and to have the same support and accountability that Weight Watchers has offered since the beginning.

What can I say? I just love Weight Watchers.

Laurie
    December 8, 2010 at 11:52 am

What am I missing? I can't wrap my head around it. I find the meetings really boring. I do like etools. But, I only use it when my head is in the game. I feel like such a mess.

Tammy
    December 8, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I'm so glad that you decided to try the new plan! I didn't really get to follow it last week because I was sick with a stomach virus for several days, but I got on board yesterday. My weigh-in probably won't show much change today, but I think most of the members will be showing losses – probably BIG ones. Mine will be better next week! I just have to get back into the habit of eating fruit – I was kind of just doing the minimum before because of the points value. Now, it is a great deal, so I have to take advantage. You are right that counting calories works, but I love having the support of my group!

Brittany
    December 8, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to give it a try! My 1st week on it didn't go so well. So, i'll be spending time going over the information again– and making sure i understand ๐Ÿ™‚ I think this change will be great! I love and need the support and accountability that Weight Watchers offers, too!

Leah
    December 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I did WW a few years ago, and what I liked best about it was the accountability. I made myself even more accountable by paying for a few meetings up front, so I felt like I *had* to attend each week, because I'd already paid! Plus, you save money that way!

Good luck – I really hope it works out well, and look forward to watching a shrinking you!

Kimberly
    December 8, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Weight Watchers is easy. And the new plan, while different, does seem to point you in the right direction re: eating better foods vs. just looking at the calories of a food. I like that.

Fran
    December 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I hope the new plan is going to suit you. I've tried it for a few months when it was introduced in Holland. I did like it but I'm at a point in my weight loss journey where I don't want to count anything. Not that I'm losing weight but that's a different story ๐Ÿ™‚

good luck!

Claire
    December 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I think it's just a matter of preference. I did WW many years ago, before the point system and enjoyed it all. I've done calorie counting the last year and found I like it better. I can look at something and know it has this many calories. I don't have to then figure out the points for that same thing. And I find there's a challenge to getting the most food bang for the calories.

In the end, do what works best for you. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about how you navigate the new system.

All the Best!

Annie
    December 8, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I love the new WW program! Lean protein and fiber vs. carbs and fats…it helps you make better decisions and eat better foods. Give it time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Granny2Em
    December 8, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I started the new WW program on Monday and I love it. I'm only doing it online. I FEEL so much better and there's no saddness at the end of the day when I'm out of points because I know I can have a piece of fruit if I really want something. It's great!

Deb
    December 8, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I almost feel like the new plan is a way to trick people into eating the right foods. They still say you can eat whatever you want, but penalize some of the less healthy choices so heavily that you won't think it's worth it. I feel like they should just come out and say that certain foods should only be an occasional treat.

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924
    December 8, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Yay! Good for you for going out there and having fun with WW again!

Jess
    December 8, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Glad you are trying the new plan! It's different for sure, but good!!! I lost 1.2 with it last week!

foodfoodbodybody
    December 8, 2010 at 7:00 pm

๐Ÿ™‚

I Said So...
    December 8, 2010 at 10:31 pm

I can't wait to hear your opinion. I have been debating about joining WW. I'm just not sure I have time to go to meetings due to childcare issues. They meet at 5:30 in my area, but hubs gets home at 6:30…hmmm, what to do??? I considered joining online, too. Not sure that is enough for me.

I'll check back with you.

Karla
    December 8, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I am being a stick in the mud, old program for me!!! I don't need to be encouraged to make healthier choices, I rarely … if ever eat those 100 calorie packs (except for Vitatops) I will be eating more fruit is all and see how that affects my WL, the old has been working so well for me, if it's not broke, don't fix it!!!

Kimberlynn
    December 8, 2010 at 11:58 pm

I LOVE Weight Watchers!!! But I have to be honest, it's taking me a little time getting used to the new program. I love that we get free fruit, but I find myself a little confused with the points right now. I'm glad you're sticking with WW…it's a great program.

Weight Watching V
    December 13, 2010 at 3:09 am

Tagged you to my new blog. Thanks for your example… you've given me great courage and hope.