Worth It? Sometimes…

If you follow me on twitter then you know that I was pretty excited about baking a cherry cheesecake as requested by Mountain Man for his birthday. I brought it over last night though we didn’t get around to eating it. Perhaps he enjoyed some for breakfast this morning? Ha..

I had never baked a cheesecake before so I practiced during the week, and it is undoubtedly worth the points once in a while. Each slice was valued at 11 PointsPlus which is a bit extreme so using ounces I measured half of a piece for 5 PointsPlus, and that left me feeling satisfied.

The first one I made cracked, but it was delicious! I baked the second one in water so it didn’t crack (awesome) though I can only hope it tastes as good as the first one.

First attempt…

Second attempt..I forgot to take a picture with the cherries on top before putting it in his fridge.

My cheesecakes were flawed, but I feel proud of myself for trying something new. And once again, I have to thank Kelly for the recipe! 🙂 I shared the first one with friends and received a marriage proposal upon sight. It must be good, right? ha

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday! I weighed at noon, and I lost 3.6 pounds last week. Yay! Tonight I’m headed to the hockey game with a guy who better be full of cheesecake when I see him. 😉

What are your weekend plans?! Also, to those of you participating in the Twelve Days swap, the deadline for shipping was today! Have you done it yet? Don’t forget to communicate with your partners!

Enjoy the weekend friends!

I Said So...
    December 10, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Sounds like things are going pretty well with Mtn. Man and weight loss…what a great week!
    🙂

Stacy
    December 10, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Mmmm that looks delish!

Renea
    December 10, 2010 at 11:23 pm

I have been making cheeseckaes for a long time!I make lots of pumpking cheesecake around the holidays. I have a really good pumpkin cheescake that is also very easy. Let me know if you would like the recipe..
    The best way to tell if a cheesecake is done. Tap the ouside of rind of it with your fingers if it feels firm and then shake the center should jiggle SLIGHTLY. The heat during the cooling process will help it cook the remainder. Also it should never really be brown. That is a sign of it being over cooked along with cracking.
    They take lots and lots of practice and mine still crack. I have tried the water method and find that it works best when making an italian cheescake made with ricota. Hope that helps.

Janna
    December 10, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I am SO proud of your for turning your week around and making it great!

Have fun tonight!

Kelly
    December 11, 2010 at 12:42 am

Kenlie, I'm happy that you loved the recipe, and that the cheesecakes turned out delicious! I'm dying to know if he liked it though.

Karla
    December 11, 2010 at 12:53 am

looks so yummy!!! I got my Christmas swap today, I mailed mine off Tuesday so Bonnie should have gotten hers today as well, so fun 🙂

Jill
    December 11, 2010 at 3:28 am

Wow they look awesome. Very clever. I hope you enjoyed them. Congrats on the weightloss. I am glad you are liking the program.

Debbie
    December 11, 2010 at 4:16 am

Congrats on the loss and the cheese cake looks wonderful. I love cheese cake and I like them just plain..

The Fat Mom
    December 11, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Cheesecake has ALWAYS been my downfall. Yours looks delicious! Hope you had fun with your date last night.

Diet Chic ~ Jury
    December 12, 2010 at 12:15 am

The cheesecake looks so yummy!!! I have sent off my gifts woohoo. can't wait for next week so we can share/see who got what. have a good weekend.

Toby
    December 13, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Any oven baked cheese cake I have ever made has cracked. Never tried the water thing may do that next time. to me if they taste good then why does it matter what it looks like. 🙂 Yours looks very yummy, BTW-coming from a person who has never found a cheesecake she didn't like. 🙂