Cardio Exercise Family and Friends Getting Fit Challenge

A Little of This, A Little of That

After doing 70 minutes of circuit training and cardio Monday, I didn’t stretch properly.  And I definitely paid for it yesterday!  But I completed a workout, and I plan to make today a rest day.  I’m sure my leg will feel better if I cool it for at least 24 hours.

Mom is doing so well with calorie counting so far!  She’s aware of everything she’s eating, and she’s making good choices.  She even mentioned that she plans to exercise this week too.  How awesome is that?

And I’m so excited about many of you joining the FFGF Challenge next week!  If you want to sign up or want to know more, click here for details.  It’s going to be awesome.  I can’t wait to announce the prize for week one!  You’ll love it.

How’s everyone else doing this week?  Did anyone watch Biggest Loser or the new show on A&E, Heavy?  If so, what are your thoughts?

Shane G.
    January 19, 2011 at 10:37 am

Kenz, that is great that you got your work out on! I honestly wish I could afford a gym membership. I miss that atmosphere! I am glad your Mom has gained a new awareness in regards to what is going into her body. That may be the hardest thing to reconcile in the beginning. I know I was shocked at knowing the crap I was putting in my body before, or at least the amounts of crap!

Sarah
    January 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

OMG, I was just talking about this on my blog.. I love the new show on A&E.. it's nice to see people that have that much weight to lose (compared to my 80 lbs) do such great jobs trying to get it off.. I can't wait to see more..

phelpsvj
    January 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I was anticipating the new show heavy. i love intervention and hoarders! It was great to see them helping a whole new group of at risk people.

But having gone through (still) the weight loss process, the old fashioned way, I felt he show wasnt "gritty" enough. It was all the physical side to the process, eating, working out. There was a bit of the psychology involved, but I would ahve rather have seen more of that. The though processes, ect.

Just my 2 cents!

Maria
    January 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Good Morning, Kenz!
    I'm raising my hand for your FFGF Challenge.
    Count me in, please!
    I'm loving the show show, "Heavy". Love the stories and the vibe of of the show. I can't wait to enjoy more.
    Hooray for your Mom. Take care of yourself and enjoy your day!!

prettypalmtrees from Twitter

Heather B.
    January 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I watched both shows and really liked heavy! It was nice to see the people do it over a long period of time and not 12 wks like biggest loser! Last night The Biggest Loser kind of disgusted me! I would like to know when losing 6 lbs isn't "good enough" in the words of Bob! Or how someone (trainers) can react like they did to someone's gain! Granted it was 9 lbs but still! Clearly they need help and not reprimand!!!

Lisa
    January 19, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I am horrible, but with all of those shows all I can think of is that anyone can lose weight if you have hours and hours per day of personal training which is not available to most people. When they show regular people doing it without supplying fat camps and 8 hour per day trainers that the TV show pays for, I will watch. 🙂

Steelers6
    January 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm

I didn't know about "Heavy". Must look up info.

I was SO surprised to see Dan & Don (twins on TBL) BOTH gained weight, and that it was the exact same amount, and so much ? And they appear to work out so hard. Strange. I knew Dan would be able to do it at home though. I hope they are a wonderful support to each other for the rest of their lives.

Thought the tossing the eggs over the partition at the opposing team was a bit, well, over the top!

Glad to hear things are going well for your Ma. Interesting how sometimes something just 'clicks' and then we are conscious, no longer unconscious! and aware of what we are eating.

And now I must go Shred.
    Chrissy

nikkeedee2001
    January 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I watched both. Heavy was not quite what I expected but I will watch it again. I have been a Biggest Loser fan for a long time. I know that it's unrealistic as far as weight loss for the average person but I am motivated by their successes. That being said, last season was horrible and there was some serious game playing and I hated that. I truly hope that does not happen again.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    January 19, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Oh, I wanted to see Heavy so bad and I missed it!

Joanna
    January 20, 2011 at 2:25 am

I'm excited for the challenge!!

I watched both shows. Heavy was OK…I heard a lot about how it was more "real" than Biggest Loser – but the people still had provided support from personal trainers and stuff. I was inspired and touched by their stories.

I still preferred Biggest Loser. I don't care how unrealistic it is – it's my reality show weakness, and it always motivates me to work hard all week. No, I don't lose 8lbs a week – but I do make progress, and that I'm happy about.

kristi
    January 20, 2011 at 2:32 am

Yes, posted about Heavy on my blog.

Leslie
    January 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Ditto, I haven;t heard about/seen heavy, will have to check in out…

Steelers6
    January 21, 2011 at 4:13 am

Found "Heavy" online, watched it. I liked it, what did you think?

What were your thoughts on TBL?

Chrissy