Before and Now

Last weekend I took full-length photos because I want to be able to look back at these photos this time next year.  I love looking at before photos because it’s the simplest way to remind myself that I’ve come a long way.

I wish I had taken the jacket off in the photos this weekend because I’m a little smaller than I appear in that picture through the middle, but you get the idea.  I’ll keep working to get back into my groove so that we can do the same thing with these current photos next year.

46 thoughts on “Before and Now

1. Nikke Brown

You're such an inspiration to me.
    I've been trying so hard to lose weight for many, many years, but I have failed. I've gone off the diets, worked out for a few weeks then stopped, and start all over again.
    Reading your progress and seeing what you've accomplished has helped me stay on track.
    I know it can be done!
    I can't wait to see your pictures next year!

2. Formerly known as Frau

You are doing so awesome…such an inspiration! I hope you find success and happiness in the new year!

3. DOADOUBLETAKE

First off, I am a regular follower of your blog. I love this new layout–you changed it overnight! And congrats on your 1001b loss. Pictures are certainly worth a 1000 words. Keep up that determination!

4. Shawn

Next year you'll be on the cover of People's "How They Did It…Half Their Size" and I'll want a signed copy!

5. Jenn

That's amazing…really! You've done such a good job so far and I know you are still working at it! Awesomeness! 🙂

6. Deb

You have come a long way….just think of what the pics are gonna look like at the beginning of 2012!!!! 🙂 Congrats…it's not an easy journey…but so worth all the effort!!

7. adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com

The pictures really do tell an amazing story! You are such an inspiration 🙂 I've been bad at commenting, but I do read you daily, I'm going to try to do better in 2011!

8. Heather A

You look mah-vel-ous, dahling! Good to see the inner fire has returned. We're gonna rock 2011. I just know it! 🙂

9. Melissa E.

Wow, you have come a long way! Good for you. Looking at before pictures always motivated me–you don't notice yourself as much when you're changing, but the pictures tell the truth. More so, I believe, than the scale.

10. Girly Girl: Losing the Gut

You have already come so far! It is amazing to me! I need to take more progress pictures. I hate full body pictures, but I agree that they make a huge statement once you have lost the weight.

11. Steph

You have really done well! What made you finally decide enough was enough and start dieting? I have such a hard time sticking to things.

12. Mary H.

Wow, you look FANTASTIC! You have worked so hard and it shows. Great job and thanks for the pics – it's really inspirational to me!

13. Fatso

What an amazing difference! Shows what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Well done on your progress so far. 🙂

14. Annie

You have come SO far, Kenz! You really should be very proud of yourself. I'm proud of you and don't really know you. :o) I love that you took pictures from all angles, it really does help to see the changes later on. Sometimes your front will look smaller and sometimes your rear will! 😉 I know you'll have a great year in 2011 and will continue to see great changes.

15. Tammy

I don't know if I'm ready to post before/after full-length shots yet, but I so admire you for doing it! You have been such an inspiration since I found your blog. Keep up the good work!

16. D...

I just passed through a series of blogs and arrived here, WOW, You are on an incredible journey, I'm really inspired! I've been paddling along on my journey for years and still have over 100lbs to go. I'd like to add you to my blogroll as I reckon anyone struggling on a really long weight loss journey should come and look at this blog! 🙂

17. Diet Chic ~ Jury

WOW! you look great!!! what an amazing progress this is and I have no doubt later this year will be even better. yay. congrats.

18. Roxie-Girl

Wow, what an amazing transformation! You have got so much to be proud of! I just found your blog and so glad I did. I'll be following you for updates, can't wait to see you at goal!
    I just started a weight loss blog and am trying to find others to connect with.

Roxie