Healthy Eating

Do You Like It?

When I asked my twitter friends which meal they dislike most the answers varied pretty evenly between breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Some didn’t like lunch because it was a challenge to figure out what to eat while some expressed their desire to overeat at dinner.  Good point about dinner, but a few of us (myself included) could happily live without breakfast.

It’s difficult to understand why someone who likes to eat as much as I do could be so annoyed by the first meal of the day, but I don’t care for it.  I’ve never been a breakfast person – though I like eating pancakes for lunch or dinner on occasion, but I always eat it.

I know it’s important to jump start my metabolism so I do, but breakfast has to be easy and filling.  Most mornings I eat Fage 2% Greek yogurt or a Special K chocolate protein shake with a banana.  And lately, I’ve taken a few minutes to poach egg whites to eat on toast with half a slice of cheese.

Which meal do you dislike most? Do you have a favorite go-to breakfast?

Deb Willbefree
    January 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

Well. I'm not sure I've ever met a meal I didn't like. Okay, that was a joke. I really don't like to eat breakfast. I could easily go til 2pm before I eat.

I don't, tho. And I'm starting to not dislike it so much. I either have a microwave egg. (I know, gross, huh? But I'm not at my culinary best in the morning.) Or steel cut oats that I've made a batch of and divided up into single servings the day or so before.

Deb

Summer
    January 23, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Breakfast and lunch, really. I don't really like breakfast food so I mostly just drink a cup of coffee and have a piece of toast or a hardboiled egg. But lunch can be really hard. I never know what to eat. I was actually thinking about finding something I like and automating that meal- eating the same (or about the same) thing everyday. It would make things so much easier! 🙂

Joanna
    January 23, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Breakfast has always been really hard for me. I love breakfast foods – it's just sometimes hard to make myself eat at 5am (the time I have to get ready for work).

During the week, I like something quick – but I've making myself get in to the habit of enjoying a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, or a Flat Bagel (only 110 calories) with fat free strawberry cream cheese. If I do decide to eat on the run, I grab a Fiber One bar.

I'm finding there's a lot of new stuff I can try for breakfast – and so I'm experimenting a little. I really like the Flat Bagels but I'm also (on the weekends) eating something like a multi grain English muffin with a poached egg or a slice of melted cheese. I'm getting there.

Melissa E.
    January 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I like Kashi go lean cereal with skim milk, cinnamon, and fresh blueberries. There's enough fiber in there to keep me full for quite awhile.

Jess
    January 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Dinner is the meal of the day that I like the least. In my up bringing, dinner was always the meal where your family came together to talk about your day; however in my own little family now that I am all grown up, my DH works 2nd shift so it is always just DD and myself and I feel like something is ALWAYS missing.

*Whitney*
    January 23, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I don't think I have a meal I dislike most. Ha! If anything I look forward to most meals….hence my weight loss journey! LOL

I really go thru spurts with breakfast foods, but lately I've been pretty obsessed with eating an English muffin (or 2 waffles) with a chocolate soynut spread I found in the organic/healthy section at the local grocery store.

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    January 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm

The answer to this question has changed fairly recently. The meal I dislike most right now is dinner. I just have no desire for dinner-like foods really, and I am just not as hungry for it.

My favorite go-to breakfast is plain Greek yogurt with berries, walnuts, a sprinkle of granola and a drizzle of agave syrup. I like your breakfast options too. I also love a whole grain English muffin with peanut butter and banana.

Heather B.
    January 23, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I am NOT a breakfast eater. Never have been. Even my Mom says I was like this as a child!!! I do eat it though but it is usually small! Maybe one egg and a piece of turkey bacon with a cup of coffee! But I have to eat it about 2 hours after I get up or it's a no go for me!!!!!

{Absolutely, Positively} Josie
    January 23, 2011 at 5:41 pm

i LOVE breakfast! even if i'm too full from eating late the night before, i always feel like i need breakfast. every morning i usually eat oatmeal mixed with nut butter and fruit, sometimes adding fage to the top. oatmeal and nut butter are the two foods i just don't burn out on.

dinner is hardest for me because i never know what to eat and just don't plan for it like i do breakfast and lunch.

J
    January 23, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I like all meals! I LOVE a good breakfast…I just don't have time for them! I LOVE a great dinner…I just get tired of cooking them! Am I complaining or what! I usually eat the same things for lunch over and over. You really stumped me with this question!!!

J

Sue
    January 23, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Probably lunch – but only because it's such a pain to pack something to take in to work. My current favorite "go to" breakfast is 1 packet of instant oatmeal (low sugar variety), 1 cup of 1% milk, and 2 turkey sausages. I eat this pretty much every day and have yet to get sick of it!

Shoe Vixen
    January 23, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Breakfast is the meal I dont like the most but I have the hardest time with lunch, Im guessing thats b/c I never eat breakfast and end up binging at lunch due to starvation. When I do eat breakfast I notice I become hungry more frequently and even though its better for you, I still hate that feeling.

Val
    January 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I can't do anything sweet in the mornings. My go to is a couple of scrambled egg whites and a tablespoon of cheddar in a tortilla with some salsa. I have eaten that *every day* for months. Yum!

I hate lunch tho! I get sick of sandwiches, and salads annoy me…I just need fresh ideas I suppose!

PlushBelle
    January 23, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I could live without breakfast. I have zero appetite in the mornings. However, I have been making smoothies for breakfast and that seems to do the trick.

alwaysjessie
    January 23, 2011 at 11:22 pm

It's between breakfast and dinner.
    Breakfast because I rarely eat it. I have a weird work schedule. Sometime's I'll end up working 7am -1pm and over my dead body will I be eating something at 6:30 in the morning! haha. Dinner is tough because I'm more lazy in the evening. I've already spent all day on my feet, so the last thing I want to do is cook! Today I was lazy and we ordered pizza for our afternoon meal, but i am determined to cook dinner tonight!!

Drazil
    January 24, 2011 at 12:20 am

Confession time – I don't eat breakfast – rarely ever. I hate it. Have no time for it and mornings are the busiest time for me. 11am comes fast enough. Terrible isn't it? I break the oldest rule in the book.

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    January 24, 2011 at 12:57 am

I love breakfast! give me an egg Benedict over any fancy lunch any day. French toast? yes, thank you. Plus I MUST have my coffee. Healthy breakfast? Only Corn flakes or whole wheat toast with whipped cream cheese…bananas…home made fruit cocktail.
    I think the hardest is lunch but I don't necessarily hate it.

marisol
    January 24, 2011 at 3:14 am

I am not a breakfast person in a way that I can't eat too early. My body has to be awake in order for me to feel like eating something. Otherwise I feel sick if I eat. I usually eat greek yogurt (Fage or TJ's brand) with an apple & a banana. Sometimes I'll have coffee with fat free creamer but only when I need some caffeine.

Laurie
    January 24, 2011 at 3:29 am

I find lunch to be boring. For years it was sandwich, carrots and fruit, you wonder why it was boring. Now, I'll do soup or leftovers, so it is better.
    I love dinner b/c it feels like better food.
    And, I like bkfst too: have you tried bagel flats? I have Laughing Cow on them or peanut butter. I also like spoon sized shredded wheat and add raisins, very filling, and I like steel oats with almonds and cranberries.

Natalie
    January 24, 2011 at 3:48 am

Well, my first instinct was to say lunch, because I never know quite what to eat, but then, I realized I really dislike dinner, only because I feel like I have to come up with something healthy that everyone in the family will eat, and that feels impossible right now!