Cardio Exercise

I Want To Soar

I want to run so badly!  My brain is craving it, but my body doesn’t appear to be ready yet.  Today was going to be a rest day, but my quad feels better so I couldn’t think of a reason to resist the urge to head to the track.  It’s cold outside, but I warmed up pretty quickly.  And it felt amazing.

After several months of not giving this 100%, I’m reminded that I feel so much better when I’m giving it my all.  And I put it all out there on the track today.  I walked then jogged then walked then jogged for a couple of miles.  And I was surprised to see that I can jog almost all the way around the track without stopping.  I realize that it’s not far, but it will be an accomplishment for me when I can do it.

I pushed myself today, and I feel good about it.  I feel like the happy girl who loves to eat cucumbers, every kind of squash and lean meats while rambling about how good it feels to workout is back.  She was always here, but she’s making herself visible again.  And it feels so good.

Annie
    January 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Yay!!! That is HUGE! I don't think I could jog all of the way around a track quite yet. I want to be a runner, too….someday! 🙂 Good for you, Kenz! So happy to see you back on track (pun very much intended!)! <3

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie
    January 19, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Kenz, if that's what you truly want, you'll find a way to make your dream come true.

WTG for jogging around the track! Just progress at your own pace. Add a bit more running in with the walking every week, and before you know it, you'll be running all the time.

Glad to hear your mom is jumping on your bandwagon 🙂

Anonymous
    January 19, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Do not give up. I am 63 years and have battled my weight all my life. Keep going.

Kelly
    January 19, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Soar Kenz, soar! 🙂

MichellesJourney
    January 19, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Awesome job on your jogging! Another goal conquered! My hate jogging but what helps me is sprinting twice a week. For twenty minutes I do intervals of 10 seconds of sprinting and 50 seconds of speed walking…and the next time job my speed is and how long I job improves!

SeattleRunnerGirl
    January 19, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Girl, once around the track is 1/4 mile – that's awesome!!! We all start somewhere with running, and let me tell you that I could NOT run 1/4 mile when I started. One minute of running left me feeling like I was going to die! Keep up the fantastic work – I'm so glad you're feeling good!

Jessica
    January 19, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Good for you! Before long those quarter miles with be full miles, and then multi-mile runs! Be good to yourself!

Deb Willbefree
    January 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Welcome back, happy girl!

I'd love to run, too, but my knees just won't allow it. I have the wind and the stamina–but not the knees. 🙁

Happy for you, tho!!!

Deb

KCLAnderson (Karen)
    January 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You GO girl!

Tammy
    January 19, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I'm so happy for you! I've never wanted to be a runner, but I do want to get back to the level of fitness I had before all the foot issues started. This post is an inspiration! Welcome back and keep the light on for me! I'm right behind you on getting back in a groove!

Joanna
    January 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I feel exactly the same way this week!! I've already logged 5 miles on my C25K training (in 2 days)…and my body craves the run.

I'm happy to hear about your accomplishments – they really help to motivate me. 🙂

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    January 19, 2011 at 11:15 pm

As I was traveling for work one day many years ago, I saw this person from my bedroom window…she was running and look so happy to be doing it. Not until an hour later when I was sitting down for breakfast and I saw her come in I realize it was one of our coworkers. She would get up 2 hours early to run…no matter where she was. That was amazing to me and I hope one day I can do the same. Kuddos for giving it your all!

Rhonda
    January 19, 2011 at 11:19 pm

How exciting….you jogged 1/4 a mile your first time! Gooo Kenz! You must check out the c25k…it works!!! I could not believe it when I ran my first 20 minutes straight! I can't wait till it warms up a little to start it again. Keep it up!

J
    January 20, 2011 at 1:51 am

That's wonderful. I'm so excited for you!!!
    J

Moving Mertle
    January 20, 2011 at 2:46 am

Way to RUN!!! A few friends have done running in the pool which is more cardio and less impact. You go girl!

Steelers6
    January 20, 2011 at 4:40 am

Yay you! Quite the 'rest' day. haha I look fwd to being outside again too. I am getting back on track again with eats, [that wasn't too off track] but especially exercise, and YES it feels good. Shredded today.

Have a super weekend, dear.

Chrissy

Kim
    January 20, 2011 at 4:48 am

Congrats!!!! We all start some place…and you are heading in the right direction (as long as you are not running the wrong way on the track!).
    Way to go!!!!