Moments Like These

I just completed a rockin’ workout, and I’m feeling good.  After watching The Biggest Loser (something I don’t usually do) I felt so inspired that I immediately started shredding.  It has never felt as good to sweat as it did tonight – at least not in a long time.  I’ve had some solid workouts in the last week, but none like this.  It is incredible to feel the burn.  Seriously folks…my wrists were sweating!

It was no surprise to me  that it would take some time to get back into the groove…to remember how much my body loves to sweat, but at this moment I love it!  It’s moments like these that make me feel like the person I want to be.  I’m not just dreaming…I’m doing it.

I know from personal experience that some days will be hard and others, like today, will be much easier.  I also know that I will reach my goal and that a year from now I’ll be so happy that I didn’t give up.  Quitting has never been an option for me, but I’m thankful for days like today when making good choices comes easily.

On a different note, one of my dear friends has just started blogging, and I’m her only follower.  She hasn’t asked me to share her blog.  In fact, I hope it’s okay to mention it.  Tammy is a hard-working, caring and totally supportive person who is on the same road as us, and I’m sure if you read her blog you’ll be glad you did.  Check it out, won’t you? http://triumphstrialstribulations.blogspot.com/

This is a picture of Tammy and me from last year..She’s a great lady!

Tammy
    January 5, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Thanks, Kenz! I had actually told a few people about the blog. I'm not as good at it (yet!) as you and some of the other ladies who write, but I'm working on it! Thank you for the kind words, and when you get back this way, we will do something fun where we can get some really good pictures!

Chubby McGee
    January 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I watched "The Biggest Loser" last night too. MEGA INSPIRING. I made myself move during the commercials. I can't believe how hard those people worked and the weight literally poured off of them! Wasn't it great to see what the hard work brought to them?! Well, you noticed because you started to "shred" after watching it! Haha! You got it!

Keep up the great work! You will do exactly what you're setting out to do. I can't wait to see pics of us both in January 2012!!! Go us!

Deb Willbefree
    January 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Congrats on getting your groove back! Inever had any doubt. Deb

Deb Willbefree
    January 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Oh. Love the newe header. 😀

Heather A
    January 5, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I was hoping that you'd get inspired by BL last night. 🙂 I know I was! Helped me get through a tough workout of my own this morning. Feels so good to be fully motivated again!

Keep rocking the Shred (I really need to try it myself) and you'll be loving the results at your next weigh in! *hugs*

Sassy Princess
    January 5, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Kenz!

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks and I've been so inspired! I began my weight loss journey a month ago (10lbs down – yay!) and I began my own blog around that same time. I love your honesty and positive attitude. I look forward to blog and consider it a part of my daily routine. Congratulations on all your success past and present!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    January 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I am so inspire by you! I've finally started to take working out seriously and writing down everything I eat so thanks for that.

Annaleah
    January 5, 2011 at 8:56 pm

How interesting . . . I got inspired by BL this week too!!! I have been recording it for years, but have not really watched it much the last couple of seasons. I watched the Where are they Now? from Mon or Tues, and look forward to watching the season premier from the other night for more inspiration. I'll have to get shredding!!!

Shawn
    January 5, 2011 at 9:46 pm

You go girl…feel that burn!

Rhonda
    January 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I have it on my DVR. I need to watch it. I've been struggling to start exercising again. Thanks for the encouragement. I need to get to sweating like your great pic! Love ya Kenz! Love your new header too! Super cute!

Keep it up…YOU deserve it!

Fatso
    January 5, 2011 at 11:32 pm

You look so happy about it, too! 🙂 Good for you.

I love workouts like that! My head's the main thing on me that sweats – my hair gets SOAKED from it. It's very odd.

But I was watching BL last night and my stream wouldn't work, and I just went, "I AM GOING TO THE GYM TOMORROW."

And so I did.

Kerri
    January 6, 2011 at 12:57 am

Hi! I saw your comment on J's blog about soda…and I'm 20 days today without soda. I posted about it today. After the first 3 days…I couldn't believe how much my stomach went down. I too didn't realize I was so bloated. I love Diet Mt. Dew…and I have been a slave to it for way too long. I'm not going back! Maybe now I can finally lose those last 25 lbs!
    I'm heading over to check out your friends blog!

J (aka- I Said So)
    January 6, 2011 at 1:37 am

Thanks for your comments on my blog…very helpful and encouraging information! 🙂

I am feeling better and every day gets easier! I had to do this all or nothing, too. Moderation wasn't working for me. The call of Diet Coke was too strong.

I, too, am enjoying the sweat of working out. It feels so good once you get going. Good for you.

We can do this!

J

PS…Will definitely pay a visit to your friend.

Val
    January 6, 2011 at 4:22 am

"I also know that I will reach my goal and that a year from now I'll be so happy that I didn't give up. Quitting has never been an option for me"
    I LOVE THIS. So, so inspiring!! Glad you had a great workout. I've been meaning to try The Shred.. .

Vi
    January 6, 2011 at 4:27 am

I never watched The Biggest Loser before this year. I love watching people who "think they can't", find that inner strength and discover "they can". It's an important lesson for me to remember and as exploitative and sensationalized as the show can be I try to really look past that.

You inspired me a week or so ago to try 30 Day Shred. You said on Twitter it kicked your butt and I was curious. Since we are both on the same day and back on track w/ #7daychip (next stop… #30daychip! Yeay!!!!!), I started Shredding Sunday 🙂

I love it! Can't wait to see the changes after 30 days. I already do after 4. Thanks for inspiring me again Kenz.

marisol
    January 6, 2011 at 5:18 am

That's awesome Kenz! Don't you love that feeling?

Would you share with us what sort of workouts you do? I started with the Walk Away the Pound DVDs. When I first started, I could barely do the one mile and now I am up to 3. Woot woot!

Steph
    January 6, 2011 at 5:23 am

Sweating out all the bad stuff is a great feeling. I was unable to watch BL last night but have it recorded

Annie
    January 6, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Look at that smile!! So nice to see it back. :o) You look great, girl, sweat and all. Keep it up!

Fran
    January 8, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Great workout Kenz! I agree, some workouts are tougher than the others but the feeling afterwards is always great. In fact after a tough workout I feel even better.