A Fun Fact and Some Other Stuff

In my last post I asked how much weight each of you had lost, and when I added the numbers up I found that we’ve lost over 3,000 pounds! Adding the responses I received on twitter, we’ve lost over 3,500 pounds!  Am I the only one who finds that mind-blowing?  The nation is full of people who wish they could lose weight; the blogosphere is full of people who are doing it.

In other news, today is weigh-in day. I know that I should see a loss this week because I’ve tracked my caloric intake and worked out really hard.  I’ve also heard that I look smaller three times this week!  But I don’t feel thinner so I’m curious about what I’ll see on the scale this afternoon.

Counting calories is going well.  I’ve adjusted pretty quickly.  I’ve been losing slowly and steadily since the beginning of the year, but I miss the tips, the friendship and the support that comes from weekly meetings so regardless of the scale’s numbers, I plan to return to Weight Watchers next week.

I plan to continue counting calories for now though I realize that being around people who count points will likely cause me to want to count points again, but I’ll cross that bridge later.  After all, the method isn’t nearly as important as consistency with one method.

I just want to see the numbers continue to move down.  I need it, and this week, I deserve it.

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell
    February 18, 2011 at 11:08 am

Love this…the method isn't nearly as important as the consistency with one method……

and YES you do DESERVE it!

Shane G.
    February 18, 2011 at 11:10 am

that is great Kenz! I am positive you will see a loss this week! As for the counting calories, having never counted points, I would think that the calorie counting is infinitely easier and for me it keeps me on my toes all day too. I am uber obsessive and have a sticky note I keep at work for counting all day then come home and transfer it to my notebook to finish out the night.

As for the you don't feel thinner. it is strange how that goes aint it? I know some weeks I was losing like 4 pounds a week so i had to obviously be thinner, but I just didn't FEEL any thinner. The other weeks where the loss may be smaller, I would feel A LOT thinner. so who the heck knows.

that is pretty amazing about the total pounds lost! Like you said, we ain't thinking about or wishing we could, WE ARE LOSING WEIGHT!

February 18, 2011 at 11:48 am

I was thinking about your lab experiment after reading some of the comments. There are so many "losers" w/ such big numbers. I was thinking, am I the only one not on that path??? Then I realized that others like me aren't writing. I KNOW I'm not the only one out there. And, the GOOD news is…I've been in a good place for over a week now, first time in months….I WILL be one of the losers too!

February 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Over 3,500 lbs – that is AMAZING! But feeling healthy, strong and in control of your life is the best reward.

February 18, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I'm thinking about joining WW on line. I really need to lose this 13 pounds that "found" me this winter!

I just can't seem to get back into a routine of healthy eating and exercise. And now that I'm over 40 it's even harder!

That's a staggering number, 3,500 pounds, way to go everyone!

February 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Good luck with your WI!

February 18, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I like you so much! You just such a sweet person. You inspire me daily! 🙂

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl
    February 18, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Great job! At first I started out not liking counting calories too but it works!

Keep it up girl!

February 18, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Did you pick Friday as your weigh-in day so Mondays aren't as bad? 🙂 I count calories, too, it's just annoying having to look things up a lot, so I tend to eat the same thing!

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    February 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I have mentioned before that I don't own a scale and I really think is time to invest in one.
    I am disappointed in me since I feel I've not been doing as well as I should…

February 19, 2011 at 1:05 am

I have my fingers crossed for a good weigh in for you!!!!

February 19, 2011 at 4:10 pm

At the BOOBS conference last year we all wrote down our weight lost and in the entire room it was something like a 1/4 of a ton or something. It was amazing to look around and see that. It made it tangible when we attached a number to it.

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali
    February 20, 2011 at 2:19 am

3500 pounds WOW! Good luck on your weigh in.