Calling It…

Some of you may know that I started a weight-loss chart pretty early in my weight-loss journey, but I never completed it.  I left the chart behind when I left New York.

And after seeing David’s chart (see it here, and check out his blog if you feel like seeing an incredible transformation) I decided to make another chart, but I ran into a problem after late last year.  At my last weigh-in in New York, I had lost 109.6 pounds.  And since then, I’ve weighed in a couple of times in various scales – losing 13 pounds one week, 3.6 one week, etc..but I can’t be sure what I’ve truly lost without being back in NY to check.

That being said, I’m going to make the chart documenting only what I know I’ve lost for sure.  I don’t want to reach the 200 pounds lost mark later this year only to realize that I’ve only lost 185 pounds.  Does that make sense?

I’m quite sure (based on my clothing that I’ve lost closer to 130 pounds) though I don’t think that’s as important as seeing the numbers go down once again.  There’s a gap between the months I left NY and the beginning of 2011, but it’s the best I can do for now.

In other news, today will definitely be a rest day.  After working out and adding triathlon training, my body needs a little break.  I’ve only had one “rest day” in the last 17 days.  And I know that I need to be more responsible with my body because my feet officially hurt.  I jammed my left one yesterday and twisted the right one a little, and I know it’s because I was too tired.  So here’s to a day of rest (from workouts.)  It’s ironic that I used to look for reasons to skip workout days, and now I can’t get enough.

Do you struggle with taking a day off from workouts when you’re in a groove?  Do you chart your weight-loss?  What do you to motivate yourself and celebrate your accomplishments?

Sarah
    February 2, 2011 at 7:12 am

Been reading for awhile but you have inspired me to start my own weight loss journey. Hope you take the time to start by and feel free to give me any good tips!
    Sarah

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    February 2, 2011 at 7:18 am

Thanks Sarah! Hearing that makes my heart swell. =) I'm excited to check out your blog!

I'm Fluffy
    February 2, 2011 at 8:37 am

You have such long lovely toes. I'm jealous. My are so stumpy. Lol.

Shane G.
    February 2, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Kenz, I actually have had a few weeks here and there when I had to force a day off on myself. Now that I have taken up jogging and using and incline on the treadmill, it ain't so hard! I am making myself start taking Thursdays off though. I like to push myself hard on Friday and Saturday, then kinda back off Sunday and then go intermediate on Monday thru Thursday. It has been pretty successful for me, so I just keep doing it.

This Old Woman Says What?
    February 2, 2011 at 1:20 pm

You are so inspiring in your dedication. I really need to start charting and measuring.

kristi
    February 2, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I hate feet but yours are nice! Yes, I feel guilty for taking a day "off" and hopefully will walk today after taking yesterday off.

Jessica
    February 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I struggle with wanting to take too many days off during the winter months, and not enough off in the spring summer. During the winter I try to make excuses to myself or say that I will do a DVD at home when I know that I get a much better workout when I go to the gym. But during the winter, it is cold and dark when I leave work, and I just want to get home. I really have to push myself to get there in the winter! And so far this winter, I HAVE 🙂

Fru
    February 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I have a cheap calendar from the dollar tree and i put stickers on it for every work out. I have to say, I'm so tempted to have sticker on every day but my body has other plans!

Steph
    February 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Well I use to celebrate by have a not so good for you meal, but I have over come that and now treat myself to fun prizes like a Peddie, or a new shirt but only when I hit my goal.

You deserve a rest day! Relax & Enjoy!

xoxo

Becca
    February 2, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Today it is bitterly cold so early am boot camp was cancelled – our trainer suggested that we take a day of rest but it is so hard. When you are in a routine and love working out, it is hard to rest. I think I am scared of it becoming a slippery slope – one day leads to two and so on…..

~Becca

Drazil
    February 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm

So funny you say this…I have been working out every day for an hour or more and while I love it – I can feel my body is tired and exhausted and my muscles are sore – and I should take a break – but I'm obsessed and on a roll and I don't want to lose that by taking a day off……sigh….what to do!

LeFebvre Momma
    February 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I am still in the begining and I hurt when I workout. Not like I broke something, just my whole body feels muscle fatigue EVERYDAY!! I give myself 1 day a week for something to come up. Yesterday was that day (going to my sisters for dinner) but I managed to get in 42 minutes before we left because I just don't want to lose momentum. I do however, look forward to teh day when my body is a little more used to me pushing it!!!

♥ Shrinking Kenz ♥
    February 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Draz, you take the day off. I have to do it too. If not, we'll find ourselves taking time off to recover from injuries.
    I was afraid I'd lose my groove if I had an off day, but I didn't last time. I'll resume tomorrow. =)

keepitupdavid
    February 2, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I just bombarded you with a few tweets outlining my idea of how to keep the chart going, but I also wanted to thank you for the links to my blog! That was quite sweet of you, and I appreciate it.

Enjoy your rest day!

Leslie
    February 3, 2011 at 3:28 am

Yeah, days off can be hard when I'm motivated. I try to remind myself that muscle tissues get stronger during periods of rest! Take care of yourself , girl!

Loving the blog!

Jill
    February 3, 2011 at 3:44 am

Rest is definitely important! I know that when I don't get enough I feel burned out and usually get sick on top of it, and then I'm even further behind than had I just taken some time off! Also, is it weird that I think of you often at work every time I notice my water glass is empty? 🙂 So far the challenge is going well!

Maria
    February 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I have a spreadsheet I use to chart my weight loss. It automatically adds the numbers for me to tell me how much weight I've lost when I put my weight in. I put in columns to tell me how close I am to my next goals (right now, to hit 75 lbs lost). I get really nervous about skipping a day exercising, but I have to be firm and remind myself that my body needs a break. Still, my brain tells me that I need the calorie burn. So I get very antsy!

I celebrated my 50 lb loss by going to the spa and having a massage, facial and mani/pedi. That was tough for me, letting people touch me all over, but it felt awesome!