Friend Makin' Mondays

Friend Makin’ Mondays: Superbowl Sunday

It’s Monday again, and you know what that means…it’s time for FMM!  If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add a link at the bottom of this post so we can all see your post. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts.

Here’s this week’s question:

Did you watch the Superbowl?  If so, did you enjoy it?  If not, what did you do instead?

I watch the Superbowl every year,  but this year I only watched parts of it.  I didn’t care about either team though I did think the Packers would win  (Looks like I called it Dad!)  so I watched Christina Aguilera sing the wrong words to our national anthem and the boring half-time show.  Needless to say, I wasn’t impressed.  I knew Christina A would try to sing it like a diva because that’s who she is, but I can only remember one performance that was worse…ever.   And the half-time show was fine.  It just lacked big star power.

I missed most of the game because I was watching an adorable chick flick instead.  Wow..I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but it’s true.  And I was actually asleep before the game’s end which rarely happens.

Now it’s your turn.  What did you think of Superbowl XLV?

Jodi
    February 7, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Thank you for the fun ideas each week! I have been lurking and this is my first week for participating! (I did enter the Valentines swap so maybe this is technically my second! ☺)

mary
    February 7, 2011 at 2:20 pm

thanks kenz! i am now doing makin' friends monday
    love the blog…always have. keep up the great work!

Lisa
    February 7, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Kenz – I linked the wrong blog entry for #8, would you mind deleting that one? So sorry!!

As always, thanks for being such a great hostess! 🙂

Angela
    February 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Kenz … my thoughts exactly!! What a snoozefest. I was humiliated for our country when Christina botched the words to our National Anthem. What chick flick did you watch? I watched on too last night 😉

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia
    February 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I actually enjoyed the half time show, maybe because I do like the black eye peas and Usher 🙂

Kelly
    February 7, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Thank you for this! Hope I'm doing it right! 🙂

Jen
    February 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I watched the game, in between drinking, and it was ok. I am not a fan of either team and the commercials were ok. It was a disappointing production this year.

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page
    February 7, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I linked up. Nice that a lot of people had the same kind of week ends.

Annie
    February 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I liked the half-time show, though the audio was a mess.

nikkipicky
    February 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Sounds as if I didn't miss much. I have always felt a good Chick Flick is a good way to spend time. 🙂

Steelers6
    February 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Well, of course I was disappointed with the outcome of the game….!

I was hoping for some entertaining adverts, and I thought overall they were pretty lame. A few 'cute' ones, [Darth Vader, Beaver, etrade baby..?] but just surprised that there was nothing very clever or uber funny. I love when they have something super funny. The Audi ad w/Kenny G was maybe smile, or slight chuckle; I liked it, & of course the car wasn't bad either!
    Maybe if I had been drinking everything would have been way funnier. ha

Half time was kinda boring, and I think I was the only 1 there who liked BEP.

Your workout log looks good thus far!
    Chrissy

Need to Get ME Back
    February 7, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I watched the game, but got caught up on weight loss blogs at the same time, since I am still finding new ones I love to read 🙂 I looked up for the commercials tho.

Garden of Egan
    February 7, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Cute blog! I enjoyed my visit. I came from Lisa's blog.
    Great information.
    I'm off to browse some more!

Melissa
    February 7, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Fun ideas 🙂 I linked up again!

Brittany
    February 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I was grimacing in pain on the couch… haha So i missed the 1st half including Christina singing! But i knew the Packers would win allllll along 🙂

Emily
    February 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I'm a newby to your blog hop but not a newby to the blog world. Thanks for hosting.

Em

Gwen
    February 10, 2011 at 2:04 am

This is my 2nd week to do Friend Makin Monday! I love it! But I'm having trouble adding my link… I see that no one else said they are having trouble, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here is my link: http://gwenandkendall.blogspot.com/2011/02/friend-makin-mondays-super-bowl-sunday.html

Thanks again for doing this!!